The rivalry between the Duke Blue Devils and the North Carolina Tar Heels would appear not as glamorous in past meetings as only one is considered a true contender this season. That’s not stopping the bad blood from flowing on Wednesday night when the Tobacco Road Rivalry continues at the Dean E. Smith Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
North Carolina is unranked nationally entering the match-up with Duke, which is ranked 8th this week.
Both teams have been on a roll lately however; the Blue Devils have won seven of their last eight games and would have been perfect in this stretch if not for an OT loss to Syracuse, one of the top teams in the nation. Meanwhile, the Tar Heels appears to have recovered from a challenging mid-January when they or lost three of four. Currently, NC is on a five-game winning streak—all victories coming via a blowout.
Duke is led by NBA prospect Jabari Parker who leads the team in points (19.2), rebounds (8.4) and blocked shots (1.2). On the other side, NC features Marcus Paige, who averages 17.0 PPG and 4.6 APG and James Michael McAdoo with 15.0 PPG and 6.8 RPG.
Watch Duke vs. North Carolina via ESPN Watch.
Betting Lines: Duke (-2.5) vs. North Carolina
Game time: 12:00 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Duke Blue Devils Trends
- The Blue Devils are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games
- The Blue Devils are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games after a win
- The Blue Devils are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games on the road
North Carolina Tar Heels Trends
- The Tar Heels are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games
- The Tar Heels are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after a win
- The Tar Heels are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 vs. ACC teams
To contact the editor, e-mail: