‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ Box Office Collection: Sidharth-Parineeti Starrer Wins Hearts; Earns ₹27 Crore Worldwide
By Ankita Mehta | February 12, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra starrer "Hasee Toh Phasee" has maintained a good speed at the box office in India as well as overseas market.
Hasee Toh Phasee
The romantic comedy film has taken everyone by surprise with its performance in international market. From the overseas box office "Hasee Toh Phasee" has managed to rake in ₹6.41 ($ 1.027 million) crore in its opening weekend.
"The opening weekend business of HASEE TOH PHASEE has also proved that a well-made film is sure to find acceptance," trade analyst Taran Adarsh said.
In international market also the film started on a slow note, but the earnings doubled on next day itself. In certain circuits including UK, Australia and New Zealand "HTP" accumulated more than "Shuddh Desi Romance".
Here is the circuit wise data of the film according to Taran Adarsh:
US: The film minted ₹1.82 crore ($291,790) from 74 screens in opening weekend.
Canada: It raked in ₹26.90 lakh ($43,147) from 12 screens.
UAE-GCC: "Hasee Toh Phasee" fared best from this region. It minted ₹2.57 crore (AED 15, 20,580).
UK-Ireland: The collection from UK-Ireland is pretty disappointing. In its opening weekend "HTP" raked in ₹77.64 lakh (£ 76,023) from 36 screens.
Australia and New Zealand: The earnings from the two circuits were decent enough. It raked in ₹ 32.70 lakh (A$ 58,842) from Australia and ₹ 8.56 lakh (NZ$ 16,634) from New Zeland.
In India also, the Vinil Mathew's directorial film managed to rake in moolah. In four days the romantic comedy film has raked in ₹ 21.30 crore.
The combined overseas and domestic box office total of the film now stands at ₹27.71 crore.
Karan Johar, who is the co-producer of the film, is happy that his film was appreciated and loved by audience.
"In my opinion, HTP worked because it not only broke formula, it also managed to have its own individual voice. Vinil Mathew's script made you laugh and cry, but more importantly it managed to strike a chord with its individualistic nature," Karan told The Times of India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales