‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 News Update: May Begin Filming In June; Is It Circus Setting In New Orleans? Clues In Events Of 1950
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 12, 2014 9:37 PM EST
The speculation-mill refuses to stop or slow-down when it comes to churning out speculations about "American Horror Story" Season 4. The mill started when Ryan Murphy, co-creator of this FX's horror drama series, said to Entertainment Weekly that Season 4 will be set in 1950s. He dropped this big hint much before "American Horror Story-Coven" wrapped-up.
After the Season 3 finale of "American Horror Story," Murphy said the new season will be set in two time periods, 1950s and contemporary. He also revealed Actress Jessica Lange will be playing a role similar to Marlene Dietrich, German-born American actress and singer.
For this role, Lange is already practicing her German accent. Sarah Paulson is also returning for the new season and she said to Vulture that she is practicing a special skill to play her role in Season 4 of "American Horror Story." But Paulson has denied that she is also working on her German accent.
Murphy said he has yet to begin writing the new season. He has refused to share the theme of Season 4 but he assured the fans that the upcoming season will have comic tone like Season 3.
Lou Eyrich, costume designer of "American Horror Story," said to Entertainment Weekly that according to rumors, the cast and crew will begin shooting Season 4 in June. Eyrich said, "I've heard rumors that the next season of AHS could start in June."
The costume designer also dropped the hint -- wrapped in rumors -- that "American Horror Story" is going back to New Orleans. "I've heard rumors that it's going back to New Orleans, but that's all I've heard." "American Horror Story-Coven" was set in New Orleans.
Fans speculate the new story of "American Horror Story" will be set in a circus. Murphy has not confirmed this rumor but the circus theme theory refuses to die. According to Murphy, the clues about the upcoming season happened in 1950.
Ryan said, as quoted by "American Horror Story" Facebook Page, "If you look historically what happened in 1950, there's some more clues in that year. It's a period piece. We try and do the opposite of what we've done before. Jessica Lange has already started practicing her German accent so I'm very excited!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]