‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 News Update: May Begin Filming In June; Is It Circus Setting In New Orleans? Clues In Events Of 1950
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 12, 2014 9:37 PM EST
The speculation-mill refuses to stop or slow-down when it comes to churning out speculations about "American Horror Story" Season 4. The mill started when Ryan Murphy, co-creator of this FX's horror drama series, said to Entertainment Weekly that Season 4 will be set in 1950s. He dropped this big hint much before "American Horror Story-Coven" wrapped-up.
After the Season 3 finale of "American Horror Story," Murphy said the new season will be set in two time periods, 1950s and contemporary. He also revealed Actress Jessica Lange will be playing a role similar to Marlene Dietrich, German-born American actress and singer.
For this role, Lange is already practicing her German accent. Sarah Paulson is also returning for the new season and she said to Vulture that she is practicing a special skill to play her role in Season 4 of "American Horror Story." But Paulson has denied that she is also working on her German accent.
Murphy said he has yet to begin writing the new season. He has refused to share the theme of Season 4 but he assured the fans that the upcoming season will have comic tone like Season 3.
Lou Eyrich, costume designer of "American Horror Story," said to Entertainment Weekly that according to rumors, the cast and crew will begin shooting Season 4 in June. Eyrich said, "I've heard rumors that the next season of AHS could start in June."
The costume designer also dropped the hint -- wrapped in rumors -- that "American Horror Story" is going back to New Orleans. "I've heard rumors that it's going back to New Orleans, but that's all I've heard." "American Horror Story-Coven" was set in New Orleans.
Fans speculate the new story of "American Horror Story" will be set in a circus. Murphy has not confirmed this rumor but the circus theme theory refuses to die. According to Murphy, the clues about the upcoming season happened in 1950.
Ryan said, as quoted by "American Horror Story" Facebook Page, "If you look historically what happened in 1950, there's some more clues in that year. It's a period piece. We try and do the opposite of what we've done before. Jessica Lange has already started practicing her German accent so I'm very excited!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon