‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 News Update: May Begin Filming In June; Is It Circus Setting In New Orleans? Clues In Events Of 1950
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 12, 2014 9:37 PM EST
The speculation-mill refuses to stop or slow-down when it comes to churning out speculations about "American Horror Story" Season 4. The mill started when Ryan Murphy, co-creator of this FX's horror drama series, said to Entertainment Weekly that Season 4 will be set in 1950s. He dropped this big hint much before "American Horror Story-Coven" wrapped-up.
After the Season 3 finale of "American Horror Story," Murphy said the new season will be set in two time periods, 1950s and contemporary. He also revealed Actress Jessica Lange will be playing a role similar to Marlene Dietrich, German-born American actress and singer.
For this role, Lange is already practicing her German accent. Sarah Paulson is also returning for the new season and she said to Vulture that she is practicing a special skill to play her role in Season 4 of "American Horror Story." But Paulson has denied that she is also working on her German accent.
Murphy said he has yet to begin writing the new season. He has refused to share the theme of Season 4 but he assured the fans that the upcoming season will have comic tone like Season 3.
Lou Eyrich, costume designer of "American Horror Story," said to Entertainment Weekly that according to rumors, the cast and crew will begin shooting Season 4 in June. Eyrich said, "I've heard rumors that the next season of AHS could start in June."
The costume designer also dropped the hint -- wrapped in rumors -- that "American Horror Story" is going back to New Orleans. "I've heard rumors that it's going back to New Orleans, but that's all I've heard." "American Horror Story-Coven" was set in New Orleans.
Fans speculate the new story of "American Horror Story" will be set in a circus. Murphy has not confirmed this rumor but the circus theme theory refuses to die. According to Murphy, the clues about the upcoming season happened in 1950.
Ryan said, as quoted by "American Horror Story" Facebook Page, "If you look historically what happened in 1950, there's some more clues in that year. It's a period piece. We try and do the opposite of what we've done before. Jessica Lange has already started practicing her German accent so I'm very excited!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best