‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 News Update: May Begin Filming In June; Is It Circus Setting In New Orleans? Clues In Events Of 1950
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 12, 2014 9:37 PM EST
The speculation-mill refuses to stop or slow-down when it comes to churning out speculations about "American Horror Story" Season 4. The mill started when Ryan Murphy, co-creator of this FX's horror drama series, said to Entertainment Weekly that Season 4 will be set in 1950s. He dropped this big hint much before "American Horror Story-Coven" wrapped-up.
After the Season 3 finale of "American Horror Story," Murphy said the new season will be set in two time periods, 1950s and contemporary. He also revealed Actress Jessica Lange will be playing a role similar to Marlene Dietrich, German-born American actress and singer.
For this role, Lange is already practicing her German accent. Sarah Paulson is also returning for the new season and she said to Vulture that she is practicing a special skill to play her role in Season 4 of "American Horror Story." But Paulson has denied that she is also working on her German accent.
Murphy said he has yet to begin writing the new season. He has refused to share the theme of Season 4 but he assured the fans that the upcoming season will have comic tone like Season 3.
Lou Eyrich, costume designer of "American Horror Story," said to Entertainment Weekly that according to rumors, the cast and crew will begin shooting Season 4 in June. Eyrich said, "I've heard rumors that the next season of AHS could start in June."
The costume designer also dropped the hint -- wrapped in rumors -- that "American Horror Story" is going back to New Orleans. "I've heard rumors that it's going back to New Orleans, but that's all I've heard." "American Horror Story-Coven" was set in New Orleans.
Fans speculate the new story of "American Horror Story" will be set in a circus. Murphy has not confirmed this rumor but the circus theme theory refuses to die. According to Murphy, the clues about the upcoming season happened in 1950.
Ryan said, as quoted by "American Horror Story" Facebook Page, "If you look historically what happened in 1950, there's some more clues in that year. It's a period piece. We try and do the opposite of what we've done before. Jessica Lange has already started practicing her German accent so I'm very excited!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu