Skoda Prepping Sub-4m Sedan For India: Report
By greeshma m | February 12, 2014 8:41 PM EST
Skoda India is said to be planning to launch a new compact sedan in the country to expand the company's portfolio, says a new report.
A Skoda logo seen on a car
The new sedan being planned by the Czech carmaker is based on the company's Rapid's PQ25 platform and will be produced at the company's Aurangabad plant in Maharashtra. If reports ring true, the car will become the company's first compact sedan globally. The upcoming Skoda Rapid Compact Sedan will take on the country's best selling cars like Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire and the Honda Amaze.
Confirming the same, Pawel Szuflak, Skoda India's marketing and sales director, told the Economic Times, "We are working on the strategy to develop the brand in the luxury space. We are looking at different products, including the sub-four-metre compact sedan, as an answer to the growing aspirations of the Indian customers to move to higher products."
The details about the specifications and the availability of the India-bound vehicle are yet to be known. However, a Motorid's report indicates that the upcoming Skoda sedan is likely to pack 1.5 litre four cylinder diesel engine.
Earlier on Monday, the Skoda India has launched a new Skoda Superb with a price tag of ₹ 18.87 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The car will be available for purchase in showrooms across India. The petrol version of the car packs 1.8-litre, direct injection, turbocharged motor, which can churn out a power of 158 bhp and torque of 250 Nm. The diesel version of Superb comes with 2.0-litre TDI diesel, which can generate a power output of 140 PS and a torque of 320 Nm.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists