Skoda Prepping Sub-4m Sedan For India: Report
By greeshma m | February 12, 2014 8:41 PM EST
Skoda India is said to be planning to launch a new compact sedan in the country to expand the company's portfolio, says a new report.
A Skoda logo seen on a car
The new sedan being planned by the Czech carmaker is based on the company's Rapid's PQ25 platform and will be produced at the company's Aurangabad plant in Maharashtra. If reports ring true, the car will become the company's first compact sedan globally. The upcoming Skoda Rapid Compact Sedan will take on the country's best selling cars like Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire and the Honda Amaze.
Confirming the same, Pawel Szuflak, Skoda India's marketing and sales director, told the Economic Times, "We are working on the strategy to develop the brand in the luxury space. We are looking at different products, including the sub-four-metre compact sedan, as an answer to the growing aspirations of the Indian customers to move to higher products."
The details about the specifications and the availability of the India-bound vehicle are yet to be known. However, a Motorid's report indicates that the upcoming Skoda sedan is likely to pack 1.5 litre four cylinder diesel engine.
Earlier on Monday, the Skoda India has launched a new Skoda Superb with a price tag of ₹ 18.87 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The car will be available for purchase in showrooms across India. The petrol version of the car packs 1.8-litre, direct injection, turbocharged motor, which can churn out a power of 158 bhp and torque of 250 Nm. The diesel version of Superb comes with 2.0-litre TDI diesel, which can generate a power output of 140 PS and a torque of 320 Nm.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect