Skoda Prepping Sub-4m Sedan For India: Report
By greeshma m | February 12, 2014 8:41 PM EST
Skoda India is said to be planning to launch a new compact sedan in the country to expand the company's portfolio, says a new report.
A Skoda logo seen on a car
The new sedan being planned by the Czech carmaker is based on the company's Rapid's PQ25 platform and will be produced at the company's Aurangabad plant in Maharashtra. If reports ring true, the car will become the company's first compact sedan globally. The upcoming Skoda Rapid Compact Sedan will take on the country's best selling cars like Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire and the Honda Amaze.
Confirming the same, Pawel Szuflak, Skoda India's marketing and sales director, told the Economic Times, "We are working on the strategy to develop the brand in the luxury space. We are looking at different products, including the sub-four-metre compact sedan, as an answer to the growing aspirations of the Indian customers to move to higher products."
The details about the specifications and the availability of the India-bound vehicle are yet to be known. However, a Motorid's report indicates that the upcoming Skoda sedan is likely to pack 1.5 litre four cylinder diesel engine.
Earlier on Monday, the Skoda India has launched a new Skoda Superb with a price tag of ₹ 18.87 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The car will be available for purchase in showrooms across India. The petrol version of the car packs 1.8-litre, direct injection, turbocharged motor, which can churn out a power of 158 bhp and torque of 250 Nm. The diesel version of Superb comes with 2.0-litre TDI diesel, which can generate a power output of 140 PS and a torque of 320 Nm.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'