Miley's Dad Billy Ray Gets Twerking, Naked Females in 'Achy Breaky Heart' Remix: Making Fun of Miley Cyrus? [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | February 12, 2014 8:19 PM EST
Like daughter, like father. Billy Ray Cyrus was once famous as a country singer who sang the famous "Achy Breaky Heart" song but now he is better known as "Wrecking Ball" singer Miley Cyrus' dad. The Nashville-born country crooner has taken inspiration from daughter Miley and has come out with a remixed hip hop/rap version of "Achy Breaky Heart." Check out the video below.
Singer Miley Cyrus and her father Billy Ray Cyrus arrive at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
There is lots of twerking, naked bums, mysterious smoking (weed maybe?) in the new rap version of Billy's song. You have to watch it to believe it! The music video is introduced by none other than Larry King and has a strange retro and modern feel to it.
Billy Ray Cyrus even uses the word "wrecking ball" in the music video at one point. It is hard to say if here the dad is trying to make fun of her twerky daughter Miley or becoming just like Miley. Billy definitely used lots of scantily dressed female dancers who shake their bums in the twerking dance moves as Billy croons the lyrics with rapper Buck 22.
The fans of both Miley Cyrus and Billy Ray Cyrus have commented heavily on YouTube page where the video is shown. While some people believe that Billy Ray Cyrus has tried to copy Miley's approach - the shock factor, naked dancers, party and twerking - all included; there are others who feel the song has got a catchy tune and Miley's dad has done a great job.
".. He was poking fun at his daughter's lifestyle in the same way a parent might threaten to wear baggy jeans and a backward cap when they take them to school. It's a high-stakes parenting trick. And it's hilarious," writes ThisisDavid on YouTube.
"People are hating just to hate because of his daughter. If she wasn't relevant the reaction to this would have much different. Fickle minds are fickle and simple," writes Joshua Langer on YouTube.
Listen to the song below and tell us what are your views? Did Miley's dad made fun of his daughter of is inspired by him?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports