Sony Xperia Z vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | February 12, 2014 7:52 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia Z or the Nokia Lumia 1020, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia Z comes with a 5 inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a 4.5 inch AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 768 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Sony Xperia Z comes with 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm dimensions and weighs 146 grams. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4 mm dimensions and weighs 158 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia Z is equipped with a 1.5 GHz quad core krait processor and Qualcomm MDM9215M / APQ8064 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Sony Xperia Z runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system whereas the Nokia Lumia 1020 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the WP8 Black. Both the devices have 2 GB of RAM.
The Sony Xperia Z sports a 13.1 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.2 MP. The Nokia Lumia 1020 sports a 41 MP primary camera with Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, auto/manual focus and Xenon and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Sony Xperia Z comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2330 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours on 3G or music play of about 40 hours. The Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 20 minutes on 3G or music play of about 63 hours.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia Z is priced at around AU $489.95 and the Nokia Lumia 1020 is priced at around AU $699.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Reportedly Cleared by FCC: Five Fresh Features to Expect from Android Smart Phone
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand