Top 10 DIY, Last-minute And Affordable Valentine's Gift Ideas to Please Your Valentine
By jaskiran kaur | February 12, 2014 7:37 PM EST
During Valentine's Day, everyone wants to be surprised with a memorable gift or date. Certainly, your loved-ones deserve to get something that will make them feel special, loved and cared for.
What is a better way to express your love by doing it with Do-It-Yourself (DIY) gifts? Here are top 10 DIY gift ideas that are affordable and can express your affection the way you want it:
10 DIY And Budget-friendly Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
1. Have A Way With Words - Express your love with few words specially penned down for your valentine. Compose a poem or song with words expressing how much you love them and how they make a difference in your life. A well-thought gift will always be appreciated and will make them feel special. If writing a poem is not your cup of tea, then write a note in simple words and say those things that will make them feel cherished.
2. Sharpie Mugs - Make a personalized coffee mug where they can sip their first morning coffee and think about you. Create it by writing a special, cheerful message or drawing something cute with sharp marker on a plain white mug. This DIY Valentine's Day project will take less than 30 minutes and will please your lover enormously without leaving a hole in your pocket.
3. Do-It-Yourself Dinner - Everyone dreams of an ideal date and a date without a special meal is never complete. So why not treat them with a special supper? Select their favorite dishes and make them at home and flatter them by setting up romantic ambience with some candles and sweet music in the background. This DIY Valentine's Day surprise will only enhance your skill as a cook and make your efforts count.
4. DIY Red Roses - People love receiving flowers, especially red roses on Valentine's Day. To be more original, opt for homemade roses as your gift to your valentine. All you need is an aluminum wire used for making flowers, a florist tape that can be wrapped around the wire to make it look like a step and origami sheets or duct tape.
5. Cake or Chocolates - Buying a cake or a pack of chocolates is easy, but baking a cake or making chocolates is not only budget- friendly but also about the effort you put into creating something that can be relished. Several easy-to-bake cake or easy-to-make chocolates recipes are available online for your assistance. Pick on any with flavors and ingredients preferred by your valentine and flatter them on the day of love.
6. Framed Memories - Select favorite photos of both of you from your memorable date and frame them in a photoframe. You can also make collage with your collection or canvas transfer.
7. Sew Mittens or Gloves - Let them know that you care by sewing a pair of funky mittens or gloves by repurposing old sweaters. This will express your concern and show painstaking efforts undertaken for creating a so-special gift.
8. A Valentine's Day Card - Put on your creative hat and design a special Valentine's Day card. Scribble down some sweet words and messages for them to read and savor forever.
9. Memory Board or Memory Box - Relive old memories with them by giving them a memory board or memory box. Collect all those items associated to your memorable days together. Tell them how and why you remember and cherish them.
10. Personalized T-Shirt or a Tank Top: Design a one of a kind T-shirt or a tank top for your valentine. It is one of the most affordable DIY Valentine's Day gift ideas. All you need is a plain T-shirt or tank top and few fabric or acrylic colors to draw with. You can also simply write a cool message on this gift that is surely going to please them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ancient Large Phalluses Gay Graffiti Become One of World’s Earliest Erotica
- Prince William Horrible New Portrait Revealed, Twitter Reactions
- CSIRO Reveals Involvement w/ Mystery Behind Picasso’s The Blue Room
- Game of Thrones Museum of Contemporary Art Australia Exhibit Attracts Long Lines
- PM Abbott’s Sister Strips Naked For Archibald Prize 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales