Kamal Haasan's 'Uthama Villain' Set to Go on Floors this Month
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 12, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Kamal Haasan's new film "Uthama Villain" is all set to roll by this month end.
A source close to the project has informed The Times of India that the pooja launch of the film, helmed by Ramesh Aravind, will be held in Chennai on 24 February.
Kamal Hasan at closing ceremony of Jagran Film Festival
"Kamal and Ramesh will hold the pooja launch of the film in Chennai on February 24. They will start shooting some sequences in the city before they go in for a schedule break," the source told TOI.
Kamal will reportedly have three heroines in the film. Some of the top actors' names including Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah and Trisha are being considered. Director Ramesh Aravind will choose the leading ladies by the end of the month, according to the source.
However, an official confirmation in this regard is still awaited.
Written by Kamal, "Uthama Villain" is a story about an ageing superstar. Director Balanchader, who is the mentor of big stars Kamal and Rajinikanth, will reportedly be playing a pivotal role in the film.
This is not the first time that Kamal is working with Ramesh Aravind, who is a close friend of the actor. Kamal and Ramesh have shared screen space in films such as "Sathi Leelavathy", "Panchathanthiram", "Mumbai Express" and "Manmadhan Ambu."
Interestingly, Kamal made a comeback to Kannada film industry and acted in 2005-release "Rama Shama Bhama" (remake of "Sathi Leelavathy) under Ramesh's direction. "Uthama Villain" will be their second outing as an actor-director team.
The film is said to be bilingual and will be made in both Tamil and Kannada languages.
Earlier, there were reports that the film will go on floors after Kamal's upcoming film "Vishwaroopam 2" hits the screens. Apparently, the "Uthama Villain" team has decided to roll the film this month.
Meanwhile, "Vishwaroopam 2" is expected to hit the screens soon. Apart from the sequel and "Uthama Villain", Kamal will reportedly play the male lead in the Tamil remake of Malayalam film "Drishyam." The versatile actor will reprise the role of Mohanlal in the original version, which has turned out to be the biggest hit in the Malayalam film industry.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier