Kamal Haasan's 'Uthama Villain' Set to Go on Floors this Month
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 12, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Kamal Haasan's new film "Uthama Villain" is all set to roll by this month end.
A source close to the project has informed The Times of India that the pooja launch of the film, helmed by Ramesh Aravind, will be held in Chennai on 24 February.
Kamal Hasan at closing ceremony of Jagran Film Festival
"Kamal and Ramesh will hold the pooja launch of the film in Chennai on February 24. They will start shooting some sequences in the city before they go in for a schedule break," the source told TOI.
Kamal will reportedly have three heroines in the film. Some of the top actors' names including Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah and Trisha are being considered. Director Ramesh Aravind will choose the leading ladies by the end of the month, according to the source.
However, an official confirmation in this regard is still awaited.
Written by Kamal, "Uthama Villain" is a story about an ageing superstar. Director Balanchader, who is the mentor of big stars Kamal and Rajinikanth, will reportedly be playing a pivotal role in the film.
This is not the first time that Kamal is working with Ramesh Aravind, who is a close friend of the actor. Kamal and Ramesh have shared screen space in films such as "Sathi Leelavathy", "Panchathanthiram", "Mumbai Express" and "Manmadhan Ambu."
Interestingly, Kamal made a comeback to Kannada film industry and acted in 2005-release "Rama Shama Bhama" (remake of "Sathi Leelavathy) under Ramesh's direction. "Uthama Villain" will be their second outing as an actor-director team.
The film is said to be bilingual and will be made in both Tamil and Kannada languages.
Earlier, there were reports that the film will go on floors after Kamal's upcoming film "Vishwaroopam 2" hits the screens. Apparently, the "Uthama Villain" team has decided to roll the film this month.
Meanwhile, "Vishwaroopam 2" is expected to hit the screens soon. Apart from the sequel and "Uthama Villain", Kamal will reportedly play the male lead in the Tamil remake of Malayalam film "Drishyam." The versatile actor will reprise the role of Mohanlal in the original version, which has turned out to be the biggest hit in the Malayalam film industry.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage