Kamal Haasan's 'Uthama Villain' Set to Go on Floors this Month
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 12, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Kamal Haasan's new film "Uthama Villain" is all set to roll by this month end.
A source close to the project has informed The Times of India that the pooja launch of the film, helmed by Ramesh Aravind, will be held in Chennai on 24 February.
Kamal Hasan at closing ceremony of Jagran Film Festival
"Kamal and Ramesh will hold the pooja launch of the film in Chennai on February 24. They will start shooting some sequences in the city before they go in for a schedule break," the source told TOI.
Kamal will reportedly have three heroines in the film. Some of the top actors' names including Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah and Trisha are being considered. Director Ramesh Aravind will choose the leading ladies by the end of the month, according to the source.
However, an official confirmation in this regard is still awaited.
Written by Kamal, "Uthama Villain" is a story about an ageing superstar. Director Balanchader, who is the mentor of big stars Kamal and Rajinikanth, will reportedly be playing a pivotal role in the film.
This is not the first time that Kamal is working with Ramesh Aravind, who is a close friend of the actor. Kamal and Ramesh have shared screen space in films such as "Sathi Leelavathy", "Panchathanthiram", "Mumbai Express" and "Manmadhan Ambu."
Interestingly, Kamal made a comeback to Kannada film industry and acted in 2005-release "Rama Shama Bhama" (remake of "Sathi Leelavathy) under Ramesh's direction. "Uthama Villain" will be their second outing as an actor-director team.
The film is said to be bilingual and will be made in both Tamil and Kannada languages.
Earlier, there were reports that the film will go on floors after Kamal's upcoming film "Vishwaroopam 2" hits the screens. Apparently, the "Uthama Villain" team has decided to roll the film this month.
Meanwhile, "Vishwaroopam 2" is expected to hit the screens soon. Apart from the sequel and "Uthama Villain", Kamal will reportedly play the male lead in the Tamil remake of Malayalam film "Drishyam." The versatile actor will reprise the role of Mohanlal in the original version, which has turned out to be the biggest hit in the Malayalam film industry.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James