Kamal Haasan's 'Uthama Villain' Set to Go on Floors this Month
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 12, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Kamal Haasan's new film "Uthama Villain" is all set to roll by this month end.
A source close to the project has informed The Times of India that the pooja launch of the film, helmed by Ramesh Aravind, will be held in Chennai on 24 February.
Kamal Hasan at closing ceremony of Jagran Film Festival
"Kamal and Ramesh will hold the pooja launch of the film in Chennai on February 24. They will start shooting some sequences in the city before they go in for a schedule break," the source told TOI.
Kamal will reportedly have three heroines in the film. Some of the top actors' names including Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah and Trisha are being considered. Director Ramesh Aravind will choose the leading ladies by the end of the month, according to the source.
However, an official confirmation in this regard is still awaited.
Written by Kamal, "Uthama Villain" is a story about an ageing superstar. Director Balanchader, who is the mentor of big stars Kamal and Rajinikanth, will reportedly be playing a pivotal role in the film.
This is not the first time that Kamal is working with Ramesh Aravind, who is a close friend of the actor. Kamal and Ramesh have shared screen space in films such as "Sathi Leelavathy", "Panchathanthiram", "Mumbai Express" and "Manmadhan Ambu."
Interestingly, Kamal made a comeback to Kannada film industry and acted in 2005-release "Rama Shama Bhama" (remake of "Sathi Leelavathy) under Ramesh's direction. "Uthama Villain" will be their second outing as an actor-director team.
The film is said to be bilingual and will be made in both Tamil and Kannada languages.
Earlier, there were reports that the film will go on floors after Kamal's upcoming film "Vishwaroopam 2" hits the screens. Apparently, the "Uthama Villain" team has decided to roll the film this month.
Meanwhile, "Vishwaroopam 2" is expected to hit the screens soon. Apart from the sequel and "Uthama Villain", Kamal will reportedly play the male lead in the Tamil remake of Malayalam film "Drishyam." The versatile actor will reprise the role of Mohanlal in the original version, which has turned out to be the biggest hit in the Malayalam film industry.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display