Kamal Haasan's 'Uthama Villain' Set to Go on Floors this Month
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 12, 2014 7:37 PM EST
Kamal Haasan's new film "Uthama Villain" is all set to roll by this month end.
A source close to the project has informed The Times of India that the pooja launch of the film, helmed by Ramesh Aravind, will be held in Chennai on 24 February.
Kamal Hasan at closing ceremony of Jagran Film Festival
"Kamal and Ramesh will hold the pooja launch of the film in Chennai on February 24. They will start shooting some sequences in the city before they go in for a schedule break," the source told TOI.
Kamal will reportedly have three heroines in the film. Some of the top actors' names including Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah and Trisha are being considered. Director Ramesh Aravind will choose the leading ladies by the end of the month, according to the source.
However, an official confirmation in this regard is still awaited.
Written by Kamal, "Uthama Villain" is a story about an ageing superstar. Director Balanchader, who is the mentor of big stars Kamal and Rajinikanth, will reportedly be playing a pivotal role in the film.
This is not the first time that Kamal is working with Ramesh Aravind, who is a close friend of the actor. Kamal and Ramesh have shared screen space in films such as "Sathi Leelavathy", "Panchathanthiram", "Mumbai Express" and "Manmadhan Ambu."
Interestingly, Kamal made a comeback to Kannada film industry and acted in 2005-release "Rama Shama Bhama" (remake of "Sathi Leelavathy) under Ramesh's direction. "Uthama Villain" will be their second outing as an actor-director team.
The film is said to be bilingual and will be made in both Tamil and Kannada languages.
Earlier, there were reports that the film will go on floors after Kamal's upcoming film "Vishwaroopam 2" hits the screens. Apparently, the "Uthama Villain" team has decided to roll the film this month.
Meanwhile, "Vishwaroopam 2" is expected to hit the screens soon. Apart from the sequel and "Uthama Villain", Kamal will reportedly play the male lead in the Tamil remake of Malayalam film "Drishyam." The versatile actor will reprise the role of Mohanlal in the original version, which has turned out to be the biggest hit in the Malayalam film industry.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon