User Rents His iPhone 5 For Flappy Bird Game
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 12, 2014 7:11 PM EST
With the immense popularity of the controversial Flappy Bird game, a user thought of an ingenious idea to earn money. He allows strangers to rent his phone to play the addicting game.
Flappy Bird has been taken off the stores.
Apart from the very high price, sellers also violated eBay's provisions as all devices sold in the Web site must be restored to factory settings. Sellers are advised to remove all contents of their devices and ensure their current and future listings follow these guidelines. If provisions are not followed, the listings will be removed and their main account will be suspended.
But Jeff Nelson posted on Craigslist listing his iPhone 5 installed with a Flappy Bird game. Consumers do not have to buy his phone as players can drop by in his home and rent his phone to play the game. Interested players may contact him through his post.
Flappy Bird was a successful game in both iOS and Android platforms pulling in $50,000 worth of advertisements each day. Amid its instantaneous success, the game was quickly removed by its developer, Dong Nguyen.
"Flappy Bird was designed to play in a few minutes when you are relaxed," Nguyen told Forbes.
"But it happened to become an addictive product. I think it has become a problem. To solve that problem, it's best to take down Flappy Bird. It's gone forever."
The reason behind the removal of the game in the platform was still unknown and the developer has no plans of selling the game.
But the 29-year-old Vietnamese game developer said he felt more confident after the success of his game. He still plans to make more games in the future. Consumers can expect more addicting game in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet