User Rents His iPhone 5 For Flappy Bird Game
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 12, 2014 7:11 PM EST
With the immense popularity of the controversial Flappy Bird game, a user thought of an ingenious idea to earn money. He allows strangers to rent his phone to play the addicting game.
Flappy Bird has been taken off the stores.
Apart from the very high price, sellers also violated eBay's provisions as all devices sold in the Web site must be restored to factory settings. Sellers are advised to remove all contents of their devices and ensure their current and future listings follow these guidelines. If provisions are not followed, the listings will be removed and their main account will be suspended.
But Jeff Nelson posted on Craigslist listing his iPhone 5 installed with a Flappy Bird game. Consumers do not have to buy his phone as players can drop by in his home and rent his phone to play the game. Interested players may contact him through his post.
Flappy Bird was a successful game in both iOS and Android platforms pulling in $50,000 worth of advertisements each day. Amid its instantaneous success, the game was quickly removed by its developer, Dong Nguyen.
"Flappy Bird was designed to play in a few minutes when you are relaxed," Nguyen told Forbes.
"But it happened to become an addictive product. I think it has become a problem. To solve that problem, it's best to take down Flappy Bird. It's gone forever."
The reason behind the removal of the game in the platform was still unknown and the developer has no plans of selling the game.
But the 29-year-old Vietnamese game developer said he felt more confident after the success of his game. He still plans to make more games in the future. Consumers can expect more addicting game in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton Makes First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Naked Russian Artist Strikes Anew, Cuts Off Earlobes To Protest Return Of Soviet-Era Policies
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM