User Rents His iPhone 5 For Flappy Bird Game
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 12, 2014 7:11 PM EST
With the immense popularity of the controversial Flappy Bird game, a user thought of an ingenious idea to earn money. He allows strangers to rent his phone to play the addicting game.
Flappy Bird has been taken off the stores.
Apart from the very high price, sellers also violated eBay's provisions as all devices sold in the Web site must be restored to factory settings. Sellers are advised to remove all contents of their devices and ensure their current and future listings follow these guidelines. If provisions are not followed, the listings will be removed and their main account will be suspended.
But Jeff Nelson posted on Craigslist listing his iPhone 5 installed with a Flappy Bird game. Consumers do not have to buy his phone as players can drop by in his home and rent his phone to play the game. Interested players may contact him through his post.
Flappy Bird was a successful game in both iOS and Android platforms pulling in $50,000 worth of advertisements each day. Amid its instantaneous success, the game was quickly removed by its developer, Dong Nguyen.
"Flappy Bird was designed to play in a few minutes when you are relaxed," Nguyen told Forbes.
"But it happened to become an addictive product. I think it has become a problem. To solve that problem, it's best to take down Flappy Bird. It's gone forever."
The reason behind the removal of the game in the platform was still unknown and the developer has no plans of selling the game.
But the 29-year-old Vietnamese game developer said he felt more confident after the success of his game. He still plans to make more games in the future. Consumers can expect more addicting game in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate