User Rents His iPhone 5 For Flappy Bird Game
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 12, 2014 7:11 PM EST
With the immense popularity of the controversial Flappy Bird game, a user thought of an ingenious idea to earn money. He allows strangers to rent his phone to play the addicting game.
Flappy Bird has been taken off the stores.
Apart from the very high price, sellers also violated eBay's provisions as all devices sold in the Web site must be restored to factory settings. Sellers are advised to remove all contents of their devices and ensure their current and future listings follow these guidelines. If provisions are not followed, the listings will be removed and their main account will be suspended.
But Jeff Nelson posted on Craigslist listing his iPhone 5 installed with a Flappy Bird game. Consumers do not have to buy his phone as players can drop by in his home and rent his phone to play the game. Interested players may contact him through his post.
Flappy Bird was a successful game in both iOS and Android platforms pulling in $50,000 worth of advertisements each day. Amid its instantaneous success, the game was quickly removed by its developer, Dong Nguyen.
"Flappy Bird was designed to play in a few minutes when you are relaxed," Nguyen told Forbes.
"But it happened to become an addictive product. I think it has become a problem. To solve that problem, it's best to take down Flappy Bird. It's gone forever."
The reason behind the removal of the game in the platform was still unknown and the developer has no plans of selling the game.
But the 29-year-old Vietnamese game developer said he felt more confident after the success of his game. He still plans to make more games in the future. Consumers can expect more addicting game in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- Kim Dotcom Thinks He Will Go To Jail in New Zealand; Admits Before Bail Hearing He is 'Broke'
- Pope Francis Not Closing Doors For Talks With ISIS Despite Death Threat
- Why Michael Brown's Killer, Darren Wilson, Lurks In Shadows, 'Fears For His Life' And Hints That He Will Leave Police Force
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO