User Rents His iPhone 5 For Flappy Bird Game
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 12, 2014 7:11 PM EST
With the immense popularity of the controversial Flappy Bird game, a user thought of an ingenious idea to earn money. He allows strangers to rent his phone to play the addicting game.
Flappy Bird has been taken off the stores.
Apart from the very high price, sellers also violated eBay's provisions as all devices sold in the Web site must be restored to factory settings. Sellers are advised to remove all contents of their devices and ensure their current and future listings follow these guidelines. If provisions are not followed, the listings will be removed and their main account will be suspended.
But Jeff Nelson posted on Craigslist listing his iPhone 5 installed with a Flappy Bird game. Consumers do not have to buy his phone as players can drop by in his home and rent his phone to play the game. Interested players may contact him through his post.
Flappy Bird was a successful game in both iOS and Android platforms pulling in $50,000 worth of advertisements each day. Amid its instantaneous success, the game was quickly removed by its developer, Dong Nguyen.
"Flappy Bird was designed to play in a few minutes when you are relaxed," Nguyen told Forbes.
"But it happened to become an addictive product. I think it has become a problem. To solve that problem, it's best to take down Flappy Bird. It's gone forever."
The reason behind the removal of the game in the platform was still unknown and the developer has no plans of selling the game.
But the 29-year-old Vietnamese game developer said he felt more confident after the success of his game. He still plans to make more games in the future. Consumers can expect more addicting game in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Australian Woman Charged for Adultery in Lebanon for Visiting Boyfriend
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- Humans at Their Worst: MH17 Victims' Credit Cards Used in Ukraine, Phones 'Answered' by Strangers
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports