Skier Jackie Chamoun Apologizes for Topless Pictures that Sparked Furor in Lebanon [Photos, Video]
By Johnlee Varghese | February 12, 2014 7:02 PM EST
After the Lebanese local media went berserk in its reaction on the topless photos of skier Jackie Chamoun, the Olympian has issued a public apology on her Facebook page.
Even as Jackie Chamoun currently is in Sochi, the Lebanese local media published the video and pictures from a photo shoot that she and fellow Lebanese Olympic skier Chirine Njeim had done three years back for the annual Ski Instructors calendar at the Faraya ski resort outside of Beirut.
The 2014 calendar has been out since November, but cashing in on the publicity surrounding the Skier, the local news media published the news calling it a scandal. The news soon was picked up by other local channels. The matter has escalated so much that now the Lebanese Youth and Sport Ministry has asked the Olympic committee to look into the case.
Skier Jackie Chamoun,whose topless pictures have now gone viral on the internet offered a public apology over the incident on her Facebook page.
" I just want to make it clear to everyone who commented, shared the photos that appeared on the net in Lebanon yesterday. Yes I did photos for an Austrian ski calendar with other professional athletes 3 years ago. The photos of the photoshoot are not like the actual images that are now circulating on the net. The video and photos that you are now seeing are part of the making off, the preparation, it wasn’t supposed to go public. Anyways, I want to apologize to all of you, I know that Lebanon is a conservative country and this is not the image that reflects our culture. I fully understand if you want to criticise this," she said.
In her apology, she observed that the indiscriminate sharing of her pictures was ‘sad.’
"Now that I’m at the Olympic Games, these photos that I never saw before are being shared. It is sad. All I can ask to each of you who saw this, is to stop spreading it, it will really help me focusing on what is really important now: my trainings and race," Chamoun added.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS