Sony Xperia Tablet Z New Android 4.3 Firmware 10.4.1.B.0.101 Failed To Fix Flickering Display
By Ryan Inoyori | February 12, 2014 6:49 PM EST
Sony Xperia Tablet Z owners are now getting a new firmware build 10.4.1.B.0.101 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean that enhances user experience, improves battery life and optimizes software performance. But this firmware apparently fails to resolve the "flickering display" reported by users.
Android 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101
Sony's new firmware 10.4.1.B.0.101 for Xperia Tablet Z has now rolled out and available for download via Sony PC Companion, Sony Update Service and Sony Bridge for Mac - no OTA is available yet. The update includes several bug fixes, enhancements on user experience, improvements on the battery life and optimizations of software performance.
A notification prompt in your tablet will be provided regarding the new update but this may depend on your region as releases are gradual. If you are an advanced user, you can also flash the firmware manually using FlashTool in case no prompt or notification appears in your device.
Unfortunately, there is one major bug the update didn't fix and it is called Flickering Display, which has been reported by users using the previous and the current firmware version.
Flickering Display Bug
Sony Mobile Xperia care forum is flooded by reports of Flickering Screen on Xperia Tablet Z after upgrading its firmware to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. According to one user, the same screen issue still plagues the device using Google's Chrome browser for mobile and clears up until the user start typing.
Another user noticed the flickering display problem after installing Swiftkey app trial version from Play Store. Other users of Xperia Tablet Z also reported the display issue isn't limited to variant or selected apps and it may occur in other functionalities.
1. Google Chrome
2. Google Plus
3. Mozilla Firefox
4. Sony Xperia virtual keyboard
5. All other keyboards
6. Facebook app
7. Facebook messenger
8. Widgets and small apps
Some owners performed factory reset and clean installation in case the problem is caused by the apps but not the flickering display issue. Also, Xperia Tablet Z users claimed the problem never happened in the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware version and probably isolated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
As of now, there is no way to resolve the issue, including manual flashing of stock ROM, installing the U.S. firmware and factory restoration. With this, Sony should address the problem quickly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories