Sony Xperia Tablet Z New Android 4.3 Firmware 10.4.1.B.0.101 Failed To Fix Flickering Display
By Ryan Inoyori | February 12, 2014 6:49 PM EST
Sony Xperia Tablet Z owners are now getting a new firmware build 10.4.1.B.0.101 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean that enhances user experience, improves battery life and optimizes software performance. But this firmware apparently fails to resolve the "flickering display" reported by users.
Android 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101
Sony's new firmware 10.4.1.B.0.101 for Xperia Tablet Z has now rolled out and available for download via Sony PC Companion, Sony Update Service and Sony Bridge for Mac - no OTA is available yet. The update includes several bug fixes, enhancements on user experience, improvements on the battery life and optimizations of software performance.
A notification prompt in your tablet will be provided regarding the new update but this may depend on your region as releases are gradual. If you are an advanced user, you can also flash the firmware manually using FlashTool in case no prompt or notification appears in your device.
Unfortunately, there is one major bug the update didn't fix and it is called Flickering Display, which has been reported by users using the previous and the current firmware version.
Flickering Display Bug
Sony Mobile Xperia care forum is flooded by reports of Flickering Screen on Xperia Tablet Z after upgrading its firmware to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. According to one user, the same screen issue still plagues the device using Google's Chrome browser for mobile and clears up until the user start typing.
Another user noticed the flickering display problem after installing Swiftkey app trial version from Play Store. Other users of Xperia Tablet Z also reported the display issue isn't limited to variant or selected apps and it may occur in other functionalities.
1. Google Chrome
2. Google Plus
3. Mozilla Firefox
4. Sony Xperia virtual keyboard
5. All other keyboards
6. Facebook app
7. Facebook messenger
8. Widgets and small apps
Some owners performed factory reset and clean installation in case the problem is caused by the apps but not the flickering display issue. Also, Xperia Tablet Z users claimed the problem never happened in the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware version and probably isolated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
As of now, there is no way to resolve the issue, including manual flashing of stock ROM, installing the U.S. firmware and factory restoration. With this, Sony should address the problem quickly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best