Sony Xperia Tablet Z New Android 4.3 Firmware 10.4.1.B.0.101 Failed To Fix Flickering Display
By Ryan Inoyori | February 12, 2014 6:49 PM EST
Sony Xperia Tablet Z owners are now getting a new firmware build 10.4.1.B.0.101 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean that enhances user experience, improves battery life and optimizes software performance. But this firmware apparently fails to resolve the "flickering display" reported by users.
Android 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101
Sony's new firmware 10.4.1.B.0.101 for Xperia Tablet Z has now rolled out and available for download via Sony PC Companion, Sony Update Service and Sony Bridge for Mac - no OTA is available yet. The update includes several bug fixes, enhancements on user experience, improvements on the battery life and optimizations of software performance.
A notification prompt in your tablet will be provided regarding the new update but this may depend on your region as releases are gradual. If you are an advanced user, you can also flash the firmware manually using FlashTool in case no prompt or notification appears in your device.
Unfortunately, there is one major bug the update didn't fix and it is called Flickering Display, which has been reported by users using the previous and the current firmware version.
Flickering Display Bug
Sony Mobile Xperia care forum is flooded by reports of Flickering Screen on Xperia Tablet Z after upgrading its firmware to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. According to one user, the same screen issue still plagues the device using Google's Chrome browser for mobile and clears up until the user start typing.
Another user noticed the flickering display problem after installing Swiftkey app trial version from Play Store. Other users of Xperia Tablet Z also reported the display issue isn't limited to variant or selected apps and it may occur in other functionalities.
1. Google Chrome
2. Google Plus
3. Mozilla Firefox
4. Sony Xperia virtual keyboard
5. All other keyboards
6. Facebook app
7. Facebook messenger
8. Widgets and small apps
Some owners performed factory reset and clean installation in case the problem is caused by the apps but not the flickering display issue. Also, Xperia Tablet Z users claimed the problem never happened in the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware version and probably isolated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
As of now, there is no way to resolve the issue, including manual flashing of stock ROM, installing the U.S. firmware and factory restoration. With this, Sony should address the problem quickly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales