Sony Xperia Tablet Z New Android 4.3 Firmware 10.4.1.B.0.101 Failed To Fix Flickering Display
By Ryan Inoyori | February 12, 2014 6:49 PM EST
Sony Xperia Tablet Z owners are now getting a new firmware build 10.4.1.B.0.101 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean that enhances user experience, improves battery life and optimizes software performance. But this firmware apparently fails to resolve the "flickering display" reported by users.
Android 4.3 10.4.1.B.0.101
Sony's new firmware 10.4.1.B.0.101 for Xperia Tablet Z has now rolled out and available for download via Sony PC Companion, Sony Update Service and Sony Bridge for Mac - no OTA is available yet. The update includes several bug fixes, enhancements on user experience, improvements on the battery life and optimizations of software performance.
A notification prompt in your tablet will be provided regarding the new update but this may depend on your region as releases are gradual. If you are an advanced user, you can also flash the firmware manually using FlashTool in case no prompt or notification appears in your device.
Unfortunately, there is one major bug the update didn't fix and it is called Flickering Display, which has been reported by users using the previous and the current firmware version.
Flickering Display Bug
Sony Mobile Xperia care forum is flooded by reports of Flickering Screen on Xperia Tablet Z after upgrading its firmware to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. According to one user, the same screen issue still plagues the device using Google's Chrome browser for mobile and clears up until the user start typing.
Another user noticed the flickering display problem after installing Swiftkey app trial version from Play Store. Other users of Xperia Tablet Z also reported the display issue isn't limited to variant or selected apps and it may occur in other functionalities.
1. Google Chrome
2. Google Plus
3. Mozilla Firefox
4. Sony Xperia virtual keyboard
5. All other keyboards
6. Facebook app
7. Facebook messenger
8. Widgets and small apps
Some owners performed factory reset and clean installation in case the problem is caused by the apps but not the flickering display issue. Also, Xperia Tablet Z users claimed the problem never happened in the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean firmware version and probably isolated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
As of now, there is no way to resolve the issue, including manual flashing of stock ROM, installing the U.S. firmware and factory restoration. With this, Sony should address the problem quickly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies