Google Nexus 6 Release Date Boasts 3 GHz Snapdragon CPU, 13 MP Camera And Android 4.5 OS?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 12, 2014 6:39 PM EST
Google Nexus 6 release date has not been announced. But a listing has already appeared online.
A list from 91mobiles.com showed off a 5.2-inch full-HD curved LCD display, Corning Gorilla Glass Protection. The handset will be powered by the upcoming 3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor paired with 3 GB RAM. The next Nexus smartphone will most likely be available in 32 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB storage variants.
Nexus 6 concept image
At the back, the device will sport a 13 MP camera and a 5 MP front-facing camera. The handset will be equipped with Bluetooth, NFC, Micro-USB, Wi-Fi, and 4G. Like the previous Google devices, Nexus 6 will be announced alongside a new Android OS. The Web site claimed the Android 4.5 OS will be named Lollypop.
The Web site also estimated the price range of the smartphone to be $600, which is pretty steep for a Nexus device. But considering all the upgraded specs and features are included in the handset, an increase in price is reasonable.
The the Nexus 6 smartphone manufacturer is not disclosed by the listing. There are speculations that Lenovo will take the helm in creating the next Google phone. This is supported by Analyst Eldar Murtazin based on Lenovo's new partnership with Google made by buying the Motorola Mobility for $3 billion. Reports said acquisition is almost complete.
If rumors were true and Lenovo would indeed work on the Google Nexus 6, the smartphone may be available after Lenovo K900 smartphone. The handset did not boast stellar specs and features. It packed a 5.5-inch full HD screen display and sported a Corning Gorilla Glass 2 for protection. Under the hood, K900 is powered by a dual core Intel Atom chipset clocked at 2 GHz and 2500 mAh battery capacity.
For the camera, Lenovo's handset has a 13 megapixel camera at the back and 2 megapixel front-facing camera. But there is a lot of room for improvement that may happen in Google's next-gen handset.
LG and Motorola are also possible manufacturers of the next Nexus smartphone. Google Nexus 6 release date is bound to happen in summer with Lenovo taking the helm in making the next-generation of Nexus smartphones. Speculations arise that Google Nexus 6 will be announced between June and September this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows