Shirley Temple’s Death: Dimpled Cutie Left Behind ‘Waves’ of Curly Hair that even Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman, Rihanna are Crazy About [Photos]
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 12, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Former child star Shirley Temple left the world on Monday, but apart from her cute looks, great talents and loads of success in her life, there is something special that she left for next-gen stars to emulate.
Besides being known as an actress - best remembered as a child, - dancer, former US ambassador to various countries, and quite importantly, having a non-alcoholic drink named after her, one thing she will be always remembered for is the big surge and waves of curly ringlets that inspired many past and present-day female actors.
What started off as adorable ringlets later evolved into more sophisticated curls, as the charming young girl became older. Any young kid who ever wore a curl wig or tap danced at a talent show would have dreamed of being even remotely like the late starlet. Dimpled, pretty, vivacious and oh-so-so-talented, she was indeed America's dream girl who smiled, and made others smiled in equal measures.
Even today, more than six decades after she quit the world of glamorous showbiz, the cutie's wavy locks are one of most coveted hairstyles with even celebrities such as Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman and Rihanna absolutely crazy about their own ringlets - which arguably was an inspiration from the late 85-year-old.
Did you know that if you typed in "Sherley temple hair" in You Tube, you will get about 13,700 search results? And if you thought that wouldn't be considered a sign of popularity, try typing in the same letters in Google and you will be bombarded with more than 69 million and two hundred search results.
Petra Guglielmetti from the Glamour writes: "There was nothing more intriguing in the whole entire world than having golden curly hair like Shirley's. I actively dreamed about this all the time and gravitated to curly-haired dolls (like Lemon Meringue). How would I look with curly hair? Would I sit around tugging on those ringlets all the time? How did Shirley style her hair each day?"
And such are the thoughts that come into any lady's mind today.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues