Shirley Temple’s Death: Dimpled Cutie Left Behind ‘Waves’ of Curly Hair that even Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman, Rihanna are Crazy About [Photos]
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 12, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Former child star Shirley Temple left the world on Monday, but apart from her cute looks, great talents and loads of success in her life, there is something special that she left for next-gen stars to emulate.
Besides being known as an actress - best remembered as a child, - dancer, former US ambassador to various countries, and quite importantly, having a non-alcoholic drink named after her, one thing she will be always remembered for is the big surge and waves of curly ringlets that inspired many past and present-day female actors.
What started off as adorable ringlets later evolved into more sophisticated curls, as the charming young girl became older. Any young kid who ever wore a curl wig or tap danced at a talent show would have dreamed of being even remotely like the late starlet. Dimpled, pretty, vivacious and oh-so-so-talented, she was indeed America's dream girl who smiled, and made others smiled in equal measures.
Even today, more than six decades after she quit the world of glamorous showbiz, the cutie's wavy locks are one of most coveted hairstyles with even celebrities such as Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman and Rihanna absolutely crazy about their own ringlets - which arguably was an inspiration from the late 85-year-old.
Did you know that if you typed in "Sherley temple hair" in You Tube, you will get about 13,700 search results? And if you thought that wouldn't be considered a sign of popularity, try typing in the same letters in Google and you will be bombarded with more than 69 million and two hundred search results.
Petra Guglielmetti from the Glamour writes: "There was nothing more intriguing in the whole entire world than having golden curly hair like Shirley's. I actively dreamed about this all the time and gravitated to curly-haired dolls (like Lemon Meringue). How would I look with curly hair? Would I sit around tugging on those ringlets all the time? How did Shirley style her hair each day?"
And such are the thoughts that come into any lady's mind today.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects