Shirley Temple’s Death: Dimpled Cutie Left Behind ‘Waves’ of Curly Hair that even Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman, Rihanna are Crazy About [Photos]
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 12, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Former child star Shirley Temple left the world on Monday, but apart from her cute looks, great talents and loads of success in her life, there is something special that she left for next-gen stars to emulate.
Besides being known as an actress - best remembered as a child, - dancer, former US ambassador to various countries, and quite importantly, having a non-alcoholic drink named after her, one thing she will be always remembered for is the big surge and waves of curly ringlets that inspired many past and present-day female actors.
What started off as adorable ringlets later evolved into more sophisticated curls, as the charming young girl became older. Any young kid who ever wore a curl wig or tap danced at a talent show would have dreamed of being even remotely like the late starlet. Dimpled, pretty, vivacious and oh-so-so-talented, she was indeed America's dream girl who smiled, and made others smiled in equal measures.
Even today, more than six decades after she quit the world of glamorous showbiz, the cutie's wavy locks are one of most coveted hairstyles with even celebrities such as Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman and Rihanna absolutely crazy about their own ringlets - which arguably was an inspiration from the late 85-year-old.
Did you know that if you typed in "Sherley temple hair" in You Tube, you will get about 13,700 search results? And if you thought that wouldn't be considered a sign of popularity, try typing in the same letters in Google and you will be bombarded with more than 69 million and two hundred search results.
Petra Guglielmetti from the Glamour writes: "There was nothing more intriguing in the whole entire world than having golden curly hair like Shirley's. I actively dreamed about this all the time and gravitated to curly-haired dolls (like Lemon Meringue). How would I look with curly hair? Would I sit around tugging on those ringlets all the time? How did Shirley style her hair each day?"
And such are the thoughts that come into any lady's mind today.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28