Shirley Temple’s Death: Dimpled Cutie Left Behind ‘Waves’ of Curly Hair that even Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman, Rihanna are Crazy About [Photos]
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 12, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Former child star Shirley Temple left the world on Monday, but apart from her cute looks, great talents and loads of success in her life, there is something special that she left for next-gen stars to emulate.
Besides being known as an actress - best remembered as a child, - dancer, former US ambassador to various countries, and quite importantly, having a non-alcoholic drink named after her, one thing she will be always remembered for is the big surge and waves of curly ringlets that inspired many past and present-day female actors.
What started off as adorable ringlets later evolved into more sophisticated curls, as the charming young girl became older. Any young kid who ever wore a curl wig or tap danced at a talent show would have dreamed of being even remotely like the late starlet. Dimpled, pretty, vivacious and oh-so-so-talented, she was indeed America's dream girl who smiled, and made others smiled in equal measures.
Even today, more than six decades after she quit the world of glamorous showbiz, the cutie's wavy locks are one of most coveted hairstyles with even celebrities such as Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman and Rihanna absolutely crazy about their own ringlets - which arguably was an inspiration from the late 85-year-old.
Did you know that if you typed in "Sherley temple hair" in You Tube, you will get about 13,700 search results? And if you thought that wouldn't be considered a sign of popularity, try typing in the same letters in Google and you will be bombarded with more than 69 million and two hundred search results.
Petra Guglielmetti from the Glamour writes: "There was nothing more intriguing in the whole entire world than having golden curly hair like Shirley's. I actively dreamed about this all the time and gravitated to curly-haired dolls (like Lemon Meringue). How would I look with curly hair? Would I sit around tugging on those ringlets all the time? How did Shirley style her hair each day?"
And such are the thoughts that come into any lady's mind today.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design