Shirley Temple’s Death: Dimpled Cutie Left Behind ‘Waves’ of Curly Hair that even Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman, Rihanna are Crazy About [Photos]
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 12, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Former child star Shirley Temple left the world on Monday, but apart from her cute looks, great talents and loads of success in her life, there is something special that she left for next-gen stars to emulate.
Besides being known as an actress - best remembered as a child, - dancer, former US ambassador to various countries, and quite importantly, having a non-alcoholic drink named after her, one thing she will be always remembered for is the big surge and waves of curly ringlets that inspired many past and present-day female actors.
What started off as adorable ringlets later evolved into more sophisticated curls, as the charming young girl became older. Any young kid who ever wore a curl wig or tap danced at a talent show would have dreamed of being even remotely like the late starlet. Dimpled, pretty, vivacious and oh-so-so-talented, she was indeed America's dream girl who smiled, and made others smiled in equal measures.
Even today, more than six decades after she quit the world of glamorous showbiz, the cutie's wavy locks are one of most coveted hairstyles with even celebrities such as Taylor Swift, Nicole Kidman and Rihanna absolutely crazy about their own ringlets - which arguably was an inspiration from the late 85-year-old.
Did you know that if you typed in "Sherley temple hair" in You Tube, you will get about 13,700 search results? And if you thought that wouldn't be considered a sign of popularity, try typing in the same letters in Google and you will be bombarded with more than 69 million and two hundred search results.
Petra Guglielmetti from the Glamour writes: "There was nothing more intriguing in the whole entire world than having golden curly hair like Shirley's. I actively dreamed about this all the time and gravitated to curly-haired dolls (like Lemon Meringue). How would I look with curly hair? Would I sit around tugging on those ringlets all the time? How did Shirley style her hair each day?"
And such are the thoughts that come into any lady's mind today.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6