Sony Sirius Launching Event on March 5 In Jakarta, Indonesia Not In Mobile World Congress 2014?
By Ryan Inoyori | February 12, 2014 6:22 PM EST
Sony Sirius has been reported to appear at the Mobile World Congress event in Barcelona, Spain this February. But Sony plans an event at Jakarta, Indonesia on March 5 with its ad representing water-resistance feature. Is Sony moving Sirius launching on March 5 at a different location?
Mobile World Congress Rumors
In CES 2014, Sony launched two high end smartphones - Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z1S LTE - but no flagship smartphone appeared in the event. Now rumors pointed at MWC as the grand launching of Sony Sirius, a flagship device to match Samsung's Galaxy S5, Apple's iPhone 5S and HTC's upcoming One 2 smartphone.
Based on the copy of MWC brochures grabbed by XperiaGuide, Sony's press conference will occur on Feb. 24 at 8:30 CET and located at Hall 2 Stand 2P60 and Hall 3 Stand 3M10. It is expected that Sony will announce two successor flagship devices at MWC such as Sirius and Castor. But Sony only launched an Xperia tablet that could also happen this year via Castor or SGP521 - Xperia Tablet Z successor.
Also, there is no guarantee that the audience will see mid-range devices under Sony D23XX model line.
March 5 In Jakarta
Sony Mobile scheduled a press event set on March 5 at Jakarta, Indonesia. Local media caught the tagline, "Life is an incredible journey. Discover how with us on 5 March 2014!"
The teaser poster of Sony's upcoming event next month showed people jumping into the sea and pointing to an upcoming water-resistant smartphone like Sony Sirius. If the poster really means water-resistance or waterproof technology, Sirius is likely the candidate or something similar but we can also find the regional variant of Xperia Z1 Compact for Indonesia.
Since the March 5 event is only 10 days after the MWC 2014, Sony probably will include several showcases announced in Barcelona's biggest tech event of the year.
Sony Sirius Rumoured Specs
Most leaks on Sirius are notable upgrades from what Sony did on Xperia Z1 with most focused on software features and camera modes.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- New Xperia UI and home launcher
- 5.2-inch IPS with Triluminos and X-Reality display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- 3 GB RAM
- 20.7 MP camera with Sony G lens, Carl Zeiss optics and BIONZ imaging processor
- 16 GB internal storage
- 1080 video recording at 30 fps and 60 fps
- 15.5 MP manual mode camera setting
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘GTA V’ Zombies DLC Cheat Code Proves Character Change For Players---Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Gets Spotted In The Samsung Website, Unpacked Teaser and A Blocky Case
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How