Nokia Lumia Icon: Leaked Verizon Inventory Document Reveals Handset Launch Date Set on Feb. 20, Pre-orders Begin [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 12, 2014 6:05 PM EST
Release reports of the Nokia Lumia Icon have surfaced several times in the past months. The most recent report claimed the launch date is set on Feb. 20 with pre-orders starting to pour on Feb. 12.
The leaked Verizon inventory document in the GSMArena report revealed the arrival of the new Nokia handset with a bunch of smartphone accessories.
According to the WinBeta report, the Microsoft Store will start taking pre-orders on the Nokia Lumia Icon on Feb. 12 with a minimal deposit price of $50. The leaked detail on the new Windows Phone handset supports the ad that Nokia posted that something is coming.
The video ad posted at Nokia's official U.S. YouTube channel did not show any device. It hinted for 15 seconds that a device is on its way. Speculations pointed to the Nokia Lumia icon. Viewers were teased with the sound of an engine revving up in the Nokia ad with the messages "Have you hear what's coming?" and "See and hear what you've been missing" appearing.
Nokia Lumia Icon's previous appearances online included a dummy model at the Fry's Electronics store in San Marcos, Calif., a listing in China, a YouTube hands-on video and a listing at the U.S. Carrier Verizon where the handset will be offered exclusively. Verizon has posted on their Web site the official listing of the still unannounced Nokia Lumia icon.
In the Verizon listing, images of the Nokia Lumia Icon were included and the user's manual and the pricing scheme for the upcoming device. The Windows Phone handset has been set at $777 without the carrier contract.
Details on the Nokia Lumia Icon handset features and specs are also crawling their way online. The Nokia Lumia Icon or the Nokia Lumia 929 is expected to have 5-inch AMOLED touchscreen display with 1080 p resolution, 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, Windows Phone 8 GDR3 and 32 GB internal storage capacity.
Other features and specs of the Finnish device are 2,420 mAh battery, 1.2 front-facing camera and 20 MP rear-facing camera comparable to the Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet with the impressive optical image stabilization (OIS) and dual-LED flash camera features.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Sony Xperia E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat 20.1.B.0.60 Certified by PTCRB; Transfer Apps to SD Card Possible
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide