Nokia Lumia Icon: Leaked Verizon Inventory Document Reveals Handset Launch Date Set on Feb. 20, Pre-orders Begin [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 12, 2014 6:05 PM EST
Release reports of the Nokia Lumia Icon have surfaced several times in the past months. The most recent report claimed the launch date is set on Feb. 20 with pre-orders starting to pour on Feb. 12.
The leaked Verizon inventory document in the GSMArena report revealed the arrival of the new Nokia handset with a bunch of smartphone accessories.
According to the WinBeta report, the Microsoft Store will start taking pre-orders on the Nokia Lumia Icon on Feb. 12 with a minimal deposit price of $50. The leaked detail on the new Windows Phone handset supports the ad that Nokia posted that something is coming.
The video ad posted at Nokia's official U.S. YouTube channel did not show any device. It hinted for 15 seconds that a device is on its way. Speculations pointed to the Nokia Lumia icon. Viewers were teased with the sound of an engine revving up in the Nokia ad with the messages "Have you hear what's coming?" and "See and hear what you've been missing" appearing.
Nokia Lumia Icon's previous appearances online included a dummy model at the Fry's Electronics store in San Marcos, Calif., a listing in China, a YouTube hands-on video and a listing at the U.S. Carrier Verizon where the handset will be offered exclusively. Verizon has posted on their Web site the official listing of the still unannounced Nokia Lumia icon.
In the Verizon listing, images of the Nokia Lumia Icon were included and the user's manual and the pricing scheme for the upcoming device. The Windows Phone handset has been set at $777 without the carrier contract.
Details on the Nokia Lumia Icon handset features and specs are also crawling their way online. The Nokia Lumia Icon or the Nokia Lumia 929 is expected to have 5-inch AMOLED touchscreen display with 1080 p resolution, 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, Windows Phone 8 GDR3 and 32 GB internal storage capacity.
Other features and specs of the Finnish device are 2,420 mAh battery, 1.2 front-facing camera and 20 MP rear-facing camera comparable to the Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet with the impressive optical image stabilization (OIS) and dual-LED flash camera features.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related