Nokia Lumia Icon: Leaked Verizon Inventory Document Reveals Handset Launch Date Set on Feb. 20, Pre-orders Begin [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 12, 2014 6:05 PM EST
Release reports of the Nokia Lumia Icon have surfaced several times in the past months. The most recent report claimed the launch date is set on Feb. 20 with pre-orders starting to pour on Feb. 12.
The leaked Verizon inventory document in the GSMArena report revealed the arrival of the new Nokia handset with a bunch of smartphone accessories.
According to the WinBeta report, the Microsoft Store will start taking pre-orders on the Nokia Lumia Icon on Feb. 12 with a minimal deposit price of $50. The leaked detail on the new Windows Phone handset supports the ad that Nokia posted that something is coming.
The video ad posted at Nokia's official U.S. YouTube channel did not show any device. It hinted for 15 seconds that a device is on its way. Speculations pointed to the Nokia Lumia icon. Viewers were teased with the sound of an engine revving up in the Nokia ad with the messages "Have you hear what's coming?" and "See and hear what you've been missing" appearing.
Nokia Lumia Icon's previous appearances online included a dummy model at the Fry's Electronics store in San Marcos, Calif., a listing in China, a YouTube hands-on video and a listing at the U.S. Carrier Verizon where the handset will be offered exclusively. Verizon has posted on their Web site the official listing of the still unannounced Nokia Lumia icon.
In the Verizon listing, images of the Nokia Lumia Icon were included and the user's manual and the pricing scheme for the upcoming device. The Windows Phone handset has been set at $777 without the carrier contract.
Details on the Nokia Lumia Icon handset features and specs are also crawling their way online. The Nokia Lumia Icon or the Nokia Lumia 929 is expected to have 5-inch AMOLED touchscreen display with 1080 p resolution, 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, Windows Phone 8 GDR3 and 32 GB internal storage capacity.
Other features and specs of the Finnish device are 2,420 mAh battery, 1.2 front-facing camera and 20 MP rear-facing camera comparable to the Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet with the impressive optical image stabilization (OIS) and dual-LED flash camera features.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More