Nokia Lumia Icon: Leaked Verizon Inventory Document Reveals Handset Launch Date Set on Feb. 20, Pre-orders Begin [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 12, 2014 6:05 PM EST
Release reports of the Nokia Lumia Icon have surfaced several times in the past months. The most recent report claimed the launch date is set on Feb. 20 with pre-orders starting to pour on Feb. 12.
The leaked Verizon inventory document in the GSMArena report revealed the arrival of the new Nokia handset with a bunch of smartphone accessories.
According to the WinBeta report, the Microsoft Store will start taking pre-orders on the Nokia Lumia Icon on Feb. 12 with a minimal deposit price of $50. The leaked detail on the new Windows Phone handset supports the ad that Nokia posted that something is coming.
The video ad posted at Nokia's official U.S. YouTube channel did not show any device. It hinted for 15 seconds that a device is on its way. Speculations pointed to the Nokia Lumia icon. Viewers were teased with the sound of an engine revving up in the Nokia ad with the messages "Have you hear what's coming?" and "See and hear what you've been missing" appearing.
Nokia Lumia Icon's previous appearances online included a dummy model at the Fry's Electronics store in San Marcos, Calif., a listing in China, a YouTube hands-on video and a listing at the U.S. Carrier Verizon where the handset will be offered exclusively. Verizon has posted on their Web site the official listing of the still unannounced Nokia Lumia icon.
In the Verizon listing, images of the Nokia Lumia Icon were included and the user's manual and the pricing scheme for the upcoming device. The Windows Phone handset has been set at $777 without the carrier contract.
Details on the Nokia Lumia Icon handset features and specs are also crawling their way online. The Nokia Lumia Icon or the Nokia Lumia 929 is expected to have 5-inch AMOLED touchscreen display with 1080 p resolution, 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, Windows Phone 8 GDR3 and 32 GB internal storage capacity.
Other features and specs of the Finnish device are 2,420 mAh battery, 1.2 front-facing camera and 20 MP rear-facing camera comparable to the Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet with the impressive optical image stabilization (OIS) and dual-LED flash camera features.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border