'White Collar' Season 6 Update: Is USA Network Pulling the Plug on Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke?
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 12, 2014 6:02 PM EST
The cast and the crew of "White Collar" have not started filming the new season, as USA Network has yet to renew it for Season 6. In the past, usually around this time, Tim DeKay, Marsha Thomason, Willie Garson would be updating on Twitter about shooting the new Season. This time, however, there is no such word from them about Season 6.
On February 06, 2014, the official Twitter page of "White Collar" posted: "#Collars, you've been asking about Season 6. We will let you know as soon as we can."
"White Collar" Season 5 ended on a cliff-hanger with the kidnapping of Neal by an unknown person. Fans will feel cheated if there is no new season to reveal who kidnapped Neal and why. Citing sources, Deadline.com reports that USA Network is toying with the idea of mini-series -- and not a full season -- to wrap-up "White Collar."
According to the Deadline report, the writing staff of "White Collar" have taken-up other projects because of the uncertainty surrounding Season 6. Also, the report says that New York based crew-members have joined shooting of pilot projects. They will be available for "White Collar" only after the filming period for broadcast pilots is over, which is sometime in April.
Deadline report states that it has been a frustrating time for the cast of "White Collar." They cannot join pilot projects because "White Collar" is technically still on-air. The cast members want USA Network to announce soon so that they can plan their next step, accordingly.
In the Season 5 finale, Peter Burke and Neal Caffrey once again closed a case, successfully. The duo's success rate, however, stalled Neal's desire for an anklet-free life. The top brass does not want to unchain him, as he has become a great asset for the White Collar division. At the end of the episode, Neal was kidnapped and his tracking anklet was thrown away in a random, mini-van. He finally got what he wished for, but he still is not a free-man.
"White Collar" cannot end on such an open-ending note. May be, USA Network are deciding on the number of episodes to wrap-up "White Collar" before making any kind of announcement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists