'White Collar' Season 6 Update: Is USA Network Pulling the Plug on Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke?
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 12, 2014 6:02 PM EST
The cast and the crew of "White Collar" have not started filming the new season, as USA Network has yet to renew it for Season 6. In the past, usually around this time, Tim DeKay, Marsha Thomason, Willie Garson would be updating on Twitter about shooting the new Season. This time, however, there is no such word from them about Season 6.
On February 06, 2014, the official Twitter page of "White Collar" posted: "#Collars, you've been asking about Season 6. We will let you know as soon as we can."
"White Collar" Season 5 ended on a cliff-hanger with the kidnapping of Neal by an unknown person. Fans will feel cheated if there is no new season to reveal who kidnapped Neal and why. Citing sources, Deadline.com reports that USA Network is toying with the idea of mini-series -- and not a full season -- to wrap-up "White Collar."
According to the Deadline report, the writing staff of "White Collar" have taken-up other projects because of the uncertainty surrounding Season 6. Also, the report says that New York based crew-members have joined shooting of pilot projects. They will be available for "White Collar" only after the filming period for broadcast pilots is over, which is sometime in April.
Deadline report states that it has been a frustrating time for the cast of "White Collar." They cannot join pilot projects because "White Collar" is technically still on-air. The cast members want USA Network to announce soon so that they can plan their next step, accordingly.
In the Season 5 finale, Peter Burke and Neal Caffrey once again closed a case, successfully. The duo's success rate, however, stalled Neal's desire for an anklet-free life. The top brass does not want to unchain him, as he has become a great asset for the White Collar division. At the end of the episode, Neal was kidnapped and his tracking anklet was thrown away in a random, mini-van. He finally got what he wished for, but he still is not a free-man.
"White Collar" cannot end on such an open-ending note. May be, USA Network are deciding on the number of episodes to wrap-up "White Collar" before making any kind of announcement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet