'White Collar' Season 6 Update: Is USA Network Pulling the Plug on Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke?
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 12, 2014 6:02 PM EST
The cast and the crew of "White Collar" have not started filming the new season, as USA Network has yet to renew it for Season 6. In the past, usually around this time, Tim DeKay, Marsha Thomason, Willie Garson would be updating on Twitter about shooting the new Season. This time, however, there is no such word from them about Season 6.
On February 06, 2014, the official Twitter page of "White Collar" posted: "#Collars, you've been asking about Season 6. We will let you know as soon as we can."
"White Collar" Season 5 ended on a cliff-hanger with the kidnapping of Neal by an unknown person. Fans will feel cheated if there is no new season to reveal who kidnapped Neal and why. Citing sources, Deadline.com reports that USA Network is toying with the idea of mini-series -- and not a full season -- to wrap-up "White Collar."
According to the Deadline report, the writing staff of "White Collar" have taken-up other projects because of the uncertainty surrounding Season 6. Also, the report says that New York based crew-members have joined shooting of pilot projects. They will be available for "White Collar" only after the filming period for broadcast pilots is over, which is sometime in April.
Deadline report states that it has been a frustrating time for the cast of "White Collar." They cannot join pilot projects because "White Collar" is technically still on-air. The cast members want USA Network to announce soon so that they can plan their next step, accordingly.
In the Season 5 finale, Peter Burke and Neal Caffrey once again closed a case, successfully. The duo's success rate, however, stalled Neal's desire for an anklet-free life. The top brass does not want to unchain him, as he has become a great asset for the White Collar division. At the end of the episode, Neal was kidnapped and his tracking anklet was thrown away in a random, mini-van. He finally got what he wished for, but he still is not a free-man.
"White Collar" cannot end on such an open-ending note. May be, USA Network are deciding on the number of episodes to wrap-up "White Collar" before making any kind of announcement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James