'White Collar' Season 6 Update: Is USA Network Pulling the Plug on Neal Caffrey and Peter Burke?
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 12, 2014 6:02 PM EST
The cast and the crew of "White Collar" have not started filming the new season, as USA Network has yet to renew it for Season 6. In the past, usually around this time, Tim DeKay, Marsha Thomason, Willie Garson would be updating on Twitter about shooting the new Season. This time, however, there is no such word from them about Season 6.
On February 06, 2014, the official Twitter page of "White Collar" posted: "#Collars, you've been asking about Season 6. We will let you know as soon as we can."
"White Collar" Season 5 ended on a cliff-hanger with the kidnapping of Neal by an unknown person. Fans will feel cheated if there is no new season to reveal who kidnapped Neal and why. Citing sources, Deadline.com reports that USA Network is toying with the idea of mini-series -- and not a full season -- to wrap-up "White Collar."
According to the Deadline report, the writing staff of "White Collar" have taken-up other projects because of the uncertainty surrounding Season 6. Also, the report says that New York based crew-members have joined shooting of pilot projects. They will be available for "White Collar" only after the filming period for broadcast pilots is over, which is sometime in April.
Deadline report states that it has been a frustrating time for the cast of "White Collar." They cannot join pilot projects because "White Collar" is technically still on-air. The cast members want USA Network to announce soon so that they can plan their next step, accordingly.
In the Season 5 finale, Peter Burke and Neal Caffrey once again closed a case, successfully. The duo's success rate, however, stalled Neal's desire for an anklet-free life. The top brass does not want to unchain him, as he has become a great asset for the White Collar division. At the end of the episode, Neal was kidnapped and his tracking anklet was thrown away in a random, mini-van. He finally got what he wished for, but he still is not a free-man.
"White Collar" cannot end on such an open-ending note. May be, USA Network are deciding on the number of episodes to wrap-up "White Collar" before making any kind of announcement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date