Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Unveils Swift Sport and Swift Dzire Opula
By greeshma m | February 12, 2014 5:43 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car maker appears to be preparing for an aggressive launch in the domestic market in the near future. The company, which recently took the wraps off its much anticipated Celerio in India, has now showcased a few interesting customised vehicles at the ongoing 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo.
Maruti Swift Gets Price Cut
Maruti's Swift is undoubtedly one of the best offerings from the company for the Indian auto enthusiasts. The car has earned many accolades sine its foray into the auto market. Now the brand is trying its luck in the hot hatch segment with the sportier version of Swift - Swift Sport.
Donned in yellow paint, the new Swift Sports flaunts a sporty and aggressive look. The car accommodates safety features like ABS (anti-lock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake force distribution), ESP, dual front, electronically adjustable side-view mirrors, dual airbags in the front, curtain airbags and a knee airbag for the driver. Other features of the car include HID projector headlights, automatic headlights, power folding wing mirrors, keyless entry and Bluetooth compatible music system.
Under the hood, Swift Sports packs 1.6-litre 4-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 100PS at 6900RPM and a peak torque of 160Nm at 4,400RPM. The vehicle can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 8.7 seconds and can attain a top speed of 193kmph.
The company also unveiled a new avatar of its Swift Dzire called Swift Dzire Opula. The car houses a slew of features like dual tone seats, dual tone dashboard and a console fitted with display.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon