Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Unveils Swift Sport and Swift Dzire Opula
By greeshma m | February 12, 2014 5:43 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car maker appears to be preparing for an aggressive launch in the domestic market in the near future. The company, which recently took the wraps off its much anticipated Celerio in India, has now showcased a few interesting customised vehicles at the ongoing 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo.
Maruti Swift Gets Price Cut
Maruti's Swift is undoubtedly one of the best offerings from the company for the Indian auto enthusiasts. The car has earned many accolades sine its foray into the auto market. Now the brand is trying its luck in the hot hatch segment with the sportier version of Swift - Swift Sport.
Donned in yellow paint, the new Swift Sports flaunts a sporty and aggressive look. The car accommodates safety features like ABS (anti-lock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake force distribution), ESP, dual front, electronically adjustable side-view mirrors, dual airbags in the front, curtain airbags and a knee airbag for the driver. Other features of the car include HID projector headlights, automatic headlights, power folding wing mirrors, keyless entry and Bluetooth compatible music system.
Under the hood, Swift Sports packs 1.6-litre 4-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 100PS at 6900RPM and a peak torque of 160Nm at 4,400RPM. The vehicle can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 8.7 seconds and can attain a top speed of 193kmph.
The company also unveiled a new avatar of its Swift Dzire called Swift Dzire Opula. The car houses a slew of features like dual tone seats, dual tone dashboard and a console fitted with display.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers