Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Unveils Swift Sport and Swift Dzire Opula
By greeshma m | February 12, 2014 5:43 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car maker appears to be preparing for an aggressive launch in the domestic market in the near future. The company, which recently took the wraps off its much anticipated Celerio in India, has now showcased a few interesting customised vehicles at the ongoing 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo.
Maruti Swift Gets Price Cut
Maruti's Swift is undoubtedly one of the best offerings from the company for the Indian auto enthusiasts. The car has earned many accolades sine its foray into the auto market. Now the brand is trying its luck in the hot hatch segment with the sportier version of Swift - Swift Sport.
Donned in yellow paint, the new Swift Sports flaunts a sporty and aggressive look. The car accommodates safety features like ABS (anti-lock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake force distribution), ESP, dual front, electronically adjustable side-view mirrors, dual airbags in the front, curtain airbags and a knee airbag for the driver. Other features of the car include HID projector headlights, automatic headlights, power folding wing mirrors, keyless entry and Bluetooth compatible music system.
Under the hood, Swift Sports packs 1.6-litre 4-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 100PS at 6900RPM and a peak torque of 160Nm at 4,400RPM. The vehicle can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 8.7 seconds and can attain a top speed of 193kmph.
The company also unveiled a new avatar of its Swift Dzire called Swift Dzire Opula. The car houses a slew of features like dual tone seats, dual tone dashboard and a console fitted with display.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists