Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Unveils Swift Sport and Swift Dzire Opula
By greeshma m | February 12, 2014 5:43 PM EST
Maruti Suzuki, India's largest car maker appears to be preparing for an aggressive launch in the domestic market in the near future. The company, which recently took the wraps off its much anticipated Celerio in India, has now showcased a few interesting customised vehicles at the ongoing 12th edition of Delhi Auto Expo.
Maruti Swift Gets Price Cut
Maruti's Swift is undoubtedly one of the best offerings from the company for the Indian auto enthusiasts. The car has earned many accolades sine its foray into the auto market. Now the brand is trying its luck in the hot hatch segment with the sportier version of Swift - Swift Sport.
Donned in yellow paint, the new Swift Sports flaunts a sporty and aggressive look. The car accommodates safety features like ABS (anti-lock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake force distribution), ESP, dual front, electronically adjustable side-view mirrors, dual airbags in the front, curtain airbags and a knee airbag for the driver. Other features of the car include HID projector headlights, automatic headlights, power folding wing mirrors, keyless entry and Bluetooth compatible music system.
Under the hood, Swift Sports packs 1.6-litre 4-cylinder motor, which can churn out a power of 100PS at 6900RPM and a peak torque of 160Nm at 4,400RPM. The vehicle can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in 8.7 seconds and can attain a top speed of 193kmph.
The company also unveiled a new avatar of its Swift Dzire called Swift Dzire Opula. The car houses a slew of features like dual tone seats, dual tone dashboard and a console fitted with display.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date