Did Julia Roberts Drive Her Half-Sister, Nancy Motes, to Commit Suicide?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 12, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Nancy Motes, Julia Roberts’ half-sister, who was found dead on Sunday in a bathtub in her Los Angeles home with prescription and illegal drug near her, reportedly left behind a five-page suicide note implicating the Oscar-winning actress in her death.
Motes, 37, who had the same mother as Roberts, 46, said in her suicide note that the actress “drove her to do this”.
”There were three pages of rantings that her sister drove her to do this. There was one page to her mom, telling her how much she loved her, and one page apologizing to (her fiancé John Dilbeck),” a source close to the investigation told Daily News.
It is no secret that Motes and Roberts had a fractured relationship, and on many occasion Motes had publicly criticized the “Pretty Woman” actress.
In a series of tweets before her death, Motes called her sister a b***h, and stated that she was not even a good actress.
“So my ‘sister’ said that with all her friends & fans she doesn’t need anymore love. Just so you all know ‘America’s Sweetheart’ is a B—-H!!’” Motes wrote under the handle @Dabbs76.
She later added: “Do you want to be a fan of someone so cruel? She’s not even that good of an actress. Happy you totally F—ed with me?”
These tweets have since been deleted.
And, last August, Motes, who had long struggled with weight issues, claimed in a tell-all interview that Roberts often taunted her for being overweight.
“When I was in high school and she was an adult, she would just let me know that I was definitely overweight,” Motes told the Daily News last year.
At one point, Motes weighed nearly 300 pounds before she decided to undergo gastric bypass surgery in 2010.
“I think that growing up as Pretty Woman’s little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside,” she said. “A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight.”
Motes was also upset that her mother, Betty Lou Motes, had “rejected” her six months ago due to her dependency on drugs, and this further drove her into depression, John Fraschetti, a friend of Motes’ fiancé, told Mail Online.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members