Did Julia Roberts Drive Her Half-Sister, Nancy Motes, to Commit Suicide?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 12, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Nancy Motes, Julia Roberts’ half-sister, who was found dead on Sunday in a bathtub in her Los Angeles home with prescription and illegal drug near her, reportedly left behind a five-page suicide note implicating the Oscar-winning actress in her death.
Motes, 37, who had the same mother as Roberts, 46, said in her suicide note that the actress “drove her to do this”.
”There were three pages of rantings that her sister drove her to do this. There was one page to her mom, telling her how much she loved her, and one page apologizing to (her fiancé John Dilbeck),” a source close to the investigation told Daily News.
It is no secret that Motes and Roberts had a fractured relationship, and on many occasion Motes had publicly criticized the “Pretty Woman” actress.
In a series of tweets before her death, Motes called her sister a b***h, and stated that she was not even a good actress.
“So my ‘sister’ said that with all her friends & fans she doesn’t need anymore love. Just so you all know ‘America’s Sweetheart’ is a B—-H!!’” Motes wrote under the handle @Dabbs76.
She later added: “Do you want to be a fan of someone so cruel? She’s not even that good of an actress. Happy you totally F—ed with me?”
These tweets have since been deleted.
And, last August, Motes, who had long struggled with weight issues, claimed in a tell-all interview that Roberts often taunted her for being overweight.
“When I was in high school and she was an adult, she would just let me know that I was definitely overweight,” Motes told the Daily News last year.
At one point, Motes weighed nearly 300 pounds before she decided to undergo gastric bypass surgery in 2010.
“I think that growing up as Pretty Woman’s little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside,” she said. “A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight.”
Motes was also upset that her mother, Betty Lou Motes, had “rejected” her six months ago due to her dependency on drugs, and this further drove her into depression, John Fraschetti, a friend of Motes’ fiancé, told Mail Online.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery