Vijay-Murugadoss Film's Storyline Revealed; Actor to Play Dual Role
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 12, 2014 4:31 PM EST
The storyline of Vijay-Murugadoss's upcoming, untitled film has been revealed.
Tota Roy (Bengali actor), who plays the villain's role in the Vijay starrer, has revealed the interesting plot of the film.
Screenshot from "Thalaiva
Vijay ( Screenshot from "Thalaivaa" official trailer/ YouTube)
The actor has said that he appears in the role of an international gangster Vivek Banerjee. In a bid to track him down, the police seeks help from Vijay, who is a criminal master mind in Kolkata. The gangster gets arrested, but he soon escape and goes in search of Vijay to seek revenge. However, he finds that the "man is the dummy of the original", reported The Times of India.
Ilayathalapathy (Vijay is fondly referred by this name) is confirmed to play a dual role in the film.
The shooting of the untitled flick started earlier this month in Kolkata and the film's team has now moved to Chennai to shoot some portions.
The Chennai schedule is starting from today (12 Febraury) at the airport. The film's crew has acquired special permission to shoot the film in the runway area of the airport. Samantha Ruth Prabhu, who plays the female lead, will be joining the crew. After the Chennai schedule is completed, the team will be heading to Andhra Pradesh, where they will shoot in places such as Rajahmundry and Hyderabad, reported Behindwoods.
The film's shooting is progressing at a brisk pace and the director is reportedly planning to finish the film in six months. It is expected to gear up for an August release.
The name of the Vijay starrer is yet to be revealed. Earlier, there were reports that the film has been titled "Vaal" (Sword), but Murugadoss confirmed that the action-packed entertainer has not been titled. As of now, the film is being named as "Vijay 57", as it is the actor's 57th film.
Expectations are sky high for the film as Vijay and Murgadoss are teaming for the second time after the stupendous success of their earlier release "Thuppakki."
The film's cinematography is handled by George C. Williams, while editing is done by A. Sreekar Prasad. The Vijay starrer will be jointly produced by Ayngaran International and Lyca Productions, and will have music by Anirudh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff