Vijay-Murugadoss Film's Storyline Revealed; Actor to Play Dual Role
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 12, 2014 4:31 PM EST
The storyline of Vijay-Murugadoss's upcoming, untitled film has been revealed.
Tota Roy (Bengali actor), who plays the villain's role in the Vijay starrer, has revealed the interesting plot of the film.
Screenshot from "Thalaiva
Vijay ( Screenshot from "Thalaivaa" official trailer/ YouTube)
The actor has said that he appears in the role of an international gangster Vivek Banerjee. In a bid to track him down, the police seeks help from Vijay, who is a criminal master mind in Kolkata. The gangster gets arrested, but he soon escape and goes in search of Vijay to seek revenge. However, he finds that the "man is the dummy of the original", reported The Times of India.
Ilayathalapathy (Vijay is fondly referred by this name) is confirmed to play a dual role in the film.
The shooting of the untitled flick started earlier this month in Kolkata and the film's team has now moved to Chennai to shoot some portions.
The Chennai schedule is starting from today (12 Febraury) at the airport. The film's crew has acquired special permission to shoot the film in the runway area of the airport. Samantha Ruth Prabhu, who plays the female lead, will be joining the crew. After the Chennai schedule is completed, the team will be heading to Andhra Pradesh, where they will shoot in places such as Rajahmundry and Hyderabad, reported Behindwoods.
The film's shooting is progressing at a brisk pace and the director is reportedly planning to finish the film in six months. It is expected to gear up for an August release.
The name of the Vijay starrer is yet to be revealed. Earlier, there were reports that the film has been titled "Vaal" (Sword), but Murugadoss confirmed that the action-packed entertainer has not been titled. As of now, the film is being named as "Vijay 57", as it is the actor's 57th film.
Expectations are sky high for the film as Vijay and Murgadoss are teaming for the second time after the stupendous success of their earlier release "Thuppakki."
The film's cinematography is handled by George C. Williams, while editing is done by A. Sreekar Prasad. The Vijay starrer will be jointly produced by Ayngaran International and Lyca Productions, and will have music by Anirudh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown