Vijay-Murugadoss Film's Storyline Revealed; Actor to Play Dual Role
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 12, 2014 4:31 PM EST
The storyline of Vijay-Murugadoss's upcoming, untitled film has been revealed.
Tota Roy (Bengali actor), who plays the villain's role in the Vijay starrer, has revealed the interesting plot of the film.
Screenshot from "Thalaiva
Vijay ( Screenshot from "Thalaivaa" official trailer/ YouTube)
The actor has said that he appears in the role of an international gangster Vivek Banerjee. In a bid to track him down, the police seeks help from Vijay, who is a criminal master mind in Kolkata. The gangster gets arrested, but he soon escape and goes in search of Vijay to seek revenge. However, he finds that the "man is the dummy of the original", reported The Times of India.
Ilayathalapathy (Vijay is fondly referred by this name) is confirmed to play a dual role in the film.
The shooting of the untitled flick started earlier this month in Kolkata and the film's team has now moved to Chennai to shoot some portions.
The Chennai schedule is starting from today (12 Febraury) at the airport. The film's crew has acquired special permission to shoot the film in the runway area of the airport. Samantha Ruth Prabhu, who plays the female lead, will be joining the crew. After the Chennai schedule is completed, the team will be heading to Andhra Pradesh, where they will shoot in places such as Rajahmundry and Hyderabad, reported Behindwoods.
The film's shooting is progressing at a brisk pace and the director is reportedly planning to finish the film in six months. It is expected to gear up for an August release.
The name of the Vijay starrer is yet to be revealed. Earlier, there were reports that the film has been titled "Vaal" (Sword), but Murugadoss confirmed that the action-packed entertainer has not been titled. As of now, the film is being named as "Vijay 57", as it is the actor's 57th film.
Expectations are sky high for the film as Vijay and Murgadoss are teaming for the second time after the stupendous success of their earlier release "Thuppakki."
The film's cinematography is handled by George C. Williams, while editing is done by A. Sreekar Prasad. The Vijay starrer will be jointly produced by Ayngaran International and Lyca Productions, and will have music by Anirudh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports