Vijay-Murugadoss Film's Storyline Revealed; Actor to Play Dual Role
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 12, 2014 4:31 PM EST
The storyline of Vijay-Murugadoss's upcoming, untitled film has been revealed.
Tota Roy (Bengali actor), who plays the villain's role in the Vijay starrer, has revealed the interesting plot of the film.
Screenshot from "Thalaiva
Vijay ( Screenshot from "Thalaivaa" official trailer/ YouTube)
The actor has said that he appears in the role of an international gangster Vivek Banerjee. In a bid to track him down, the police seeks help from Vijay, who is a criminal master mind in Kolkata. The gangster gets arrested, but he soon escape and goes in search of Vijay to seek revenge. However, he finds that the "man is the dummy of the original", reported The Times of India.
Ilayathalapathy (Vijay is fondly referred by this name) is confirmed to play a dual role in the film.
The shooting of the untitled flick started earlier this month in Kolkata and the film's team has now moved to Chennai to shoot some portions.
The Chennai schedule is starting from today (12 Febraury) at the airport. The film's crew has acquired special permission to shoot the film in the runway area of the airport. Samantha Ruth Prabhu, who plays the female lead, will be joining the crew. After the Chennai schedule is completed, the team will be heading to Andhra Pradesh, where they will shoot in places such as Rajahmundry and Hyderabad, reported Behindwoods.
The film's shooting is progressing at a brisk pace and the director is reportedly planning to finish the film in six months. It is expected to gear up for an August release.
The name of the Vijay starrer is yet to be revealed. Earlier, there were reports that the film has been titled "Vaal" (Sword), but Murugadoss confirmed that the action-packed entertainer has not been titled. As of now, the film is being named as "Vijay 57", as it is the actor's 57th film.
Expectations are sky high for the film as Vijay and Murgadoss are teaming for the second time after the stupendous success of their earlier release "Thuppakki."
The film's cinematography is handled by George C. Williams, while editing is done by A. Sreekar Prasad. The Vijay starrer will be jointly produced by Ayngaran International and Lyca Productions, and will have music by Anirudh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic's Beckett To See Nathan Fillion's Rick 'On A Sugar Rush' Again [REVIEW]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery