PS4 to Get 100 Games; New Trailers for 'Dying Light' and 'inFamous: Second Son' on PS4
By Gel Galang | February 12, 2014 3:59 PM EST
It may seem ambitious, but Sony is planning to launch 100 games on the PS4 for 2014 alone.
The official PlayStation Twitter account has just announced the news, exciting quite a number of fans.
Here's a fun fact: More than 100 PS4 games are planned for release in 2014. Stay tuned for more updates from today's media summit
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) February 10, 2014
Lazy Gamer adds that, of the 100 games, 30 may be retail games, 50 for indies and 20 may be experiences related to other devices connected to the PS4.
Considering that the PS4 is still sold out in some of the retailers, it seems like strong evidence for the demand for Sony's next-gen console. But what's even better is that Sony is actually moving its focus towards games, so that it can ensure that the lifespan of the next-gen console is not stale.
*"Battlefield 4" questions answered for Player Appreciation Month: Read here for more.
'Dying Light' with a New Trailer
Producer Tymon Smektala has revealed over at PlayStation Blog the newest trailer or "Dying Light." Tagged as the Humanity trailer, it casts zombies in a new light, different from how most people have portrayed zombies and zombie killing sprees in media or games.
"With our latest Humanity trailer, we wanted to present a deeper vision of what a zombie epidemic would mean for humankind. 'Epidemic' being the crucial word here. Mutating into a zombie is a result of infection, not some kind of a supernatural transformation, but simply a disease, just like flu, pneumonia, or SARS," said Mr Smektala.
"This realization helped us create one of the most outstanding features of Dying Light: its setting. A quarantined city just several weeks after the outbreak," he reveals.
Perhaps this is what makes "Dying Light" carry on a scarier tone---it's not about the paranormal that can't be explained. If anything, it shows that with a disease, a peaceful setting can transform into something chaotic as the city of Harran.
*"Titanfall" beta access is almost here. Check out some of the details revealed by Respawn's Vince Zampella.
More than the thrill of shooting zombies, which is now understood to be walking corpses that no longer feel and are no longer the people they used to be, "Dying Light" portrays zombies as players' old friends, officemates or even family. They're just infected, not the walking dead, so the choices become even weightier.
Check out the trailer that aims to test a player's humanity and put killing zombies in a new perspective:
(Credit: YouTube/Dying Light)
New Collector's Edition for 'inFamous: Second Son' Detailed in Trailer
The PS4's supposed contender as an exclusive game to "Titanfall," "inFamous: Second Son" has recently gotten a new trailer showing off the Collector's Edition of the game.
What gamers will be getting are the full copy of "inFamous: Second Son" with a collector's edition cover artwork, the Jacket Game Case, twin eagle bottle opener, an "inFamous: Second Son" collectible coin, a replica of Delsin's beanie cap and badges that are found on Delsin's in-game vest.
The exclusive Cole's Legacy mission is also included in the Collector's Edition. Here, players will get a number of missions where they can uncover what happened after "inFamous 2" and "inFamous: Second Son." Once they complete this game, they can get Cole's jacket in-game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery