Kerry Washington Pregnant: 'Scandal' Star Debuts her Baby Bump [PHOTOS]
By Vanessa Francisco | February 12, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Kerry Washington may still keep her life private and not speak about it too publicly but according to "Scandal" co-star Joe Morton, she is very much excited about her impending motherhood. "She is looking forward to being a mom," Morton, Washington's on-screen father, tells People. "She sort of floats around having been just married and now having a baby and putting a family together. She is in pig heaven, as they say." See baby bump photos here
Morton continues to say that Washington has started boding with her unborn baby on the set of ABC's faced-paced drama to make sure the trauma she puts her body through as Olivia Pope won't have any effect on the little bun baby in the oven. "She spends time singing and talking to the baby to say we are just playing pretend and everything is going to be okay. Don't worry about it," Morton shares. "She is very kind, very smart, very affectionate and she really wants this baby, which is the key to it all."
Kerry Washington has proved that you can still lead a private life in Hollywood. She has notoriously managed to keep her pregnancy under wraps and asked her co-stars to keep it a secret. "We are loyal to her and that was what she wanted. We thought it is her baby so let's just help her do that," Morton says.
Washington managed to pull off a surprise wedding with former NFL player, Nnamdi Asomugha on June 24, 2013. The couple seems to have a unique marriage as Kerry is almost always seen at the red carpet for Hollywood events alone. There have been a lot of speculations saying the couple is already on the rocks and that their marriage was only a lifestyle choice, not based on love. The couple was once again plagued by Nnamdi's gay rumours while Kerry's share of long term relationships that did not work have been pried open.
Washington lands in AskMen's top 10 most desirable women in 2014. She came in at number 7, saying that the pregnant star's infectious beauty, personality and her powerful role as Scandal's Olivia Pope makes women in power suits very desirable.
The second half of "Scandal" Season 3 will return on Thursday, Feb. 27 on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World