Kerry Washington Pregnant: 'Scandal' Star Debuts her Baby Bump [PHOTOS]
By Vanessa Francisco | February 12, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Kerry Washington may still keep her life private and not speak about it too publicly but according to "Scandal" co-star Joe Morton, she is very much excited about her impending motherhood. "She is looking forward to being a mom," Morton, Washington's on-screen father, tells People. "She sort of floats around having been just married and now having a baby and putting a family together. She is in pig heaven, as they say." See baby bump photos here
Morton continues to say that Washington has started boding with her unborn baby on the set of ABC's faced-paced drama to make sure the trauma she puts her body through as Olivia Pope won't have any effect on the little bun baby in the oven. "She spends time singing and talking to the baby to say we are just playing pretend and everything is going to be okay. Don't worry about it," Morton shares. "She is very kind, very smart, very affectionate and she really wants this baby, which is the key to it all."
Kerry Washington has proved that you can still lead a private life in Hollywood. She has notoriously managed to keep her pregnancy under wraps and asked her co-stars to keep it a secret. "We are loyal to her and that was what she wanted. We thought it is her baby so let's just help her do that," Morton says.
Washington managed to pull off a surprise wedding with former NFL player, Nnamdi Asomugha on June 24, 2013. The couple seems to have a unique marriage as Kerry is almost always seen at the red carpet for Hollywood events alone. There have been a lot of speculations saying the couple is already on the rocks and that their marriage was only a lifestyle choice, not based on love. The couple was once again plagued by Nnamdi's gay rumours while Kerry's share of long term relationships that did not work have been pried open.
Washington lands in AskMen's top 10 most desirable women in 2014. She came in at number 7, saying that the pregnant star's infectious beauty, personality and her powerful role as Scandal's Olivia Pope makes women in power suits very desirable.
The second half of "Scandal" Season 3 will return on Thursday, Feb. 27 on ABC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’