U.S. Sets Preliminary Duties on Steel Threaded Rods from India
February 12, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The U.S. Commerce Department said on Tuesday it had set preliminary duties of up to 120 percent on imports of steel threaded rods from India.
Employees work at the production line inside Hallmark steel factory in Bhiwadi in Rajasthan September 30, 2013.
The department said the rods, which have threaded grooves, had been "dumped" in the U.S. market at prices 8.63 percent to 119.87 percent below fair market value.
In 2013, imports of steel threaded rods from India were valued at an estimated $19 million, the department said.
A final decision on duties is expected by July and is also subject to a ruling by the U.S. International Trade Commission on whether the imports injure, or threaten injury to, domestic producers.
The United States on Monday launched a challenge to domestic content requirements in India's solar program, saying they discriminated against U.S. companies.
Join the Conversation
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- Kim Dotcom Thinks He Will Go To Jail in New Zealand; Admits Before Bail Hearing He is 'Broke'
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast