U.S. Sets Preliminary Duties on Steel Threaded Rods from India
February 12, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The U.S. Commerce Department said on Tuesday it had set preliminary duties of up to 120 percent on imports of steel threaded rods from India.
Employees work at the production line inside Hallmark steel factory in Bhiwadi in Rajasthan September 30, 2013.
The department said the rods, which have threaded grooves, had been "dumped" in the U.S. market at prices 8.63 percent to 119.87 percent below fair market value.
In 2013, imports of steel threaded rods from India were valued at an estimated $19 million, the department said.
A final decision on duties is expected by July and is also subject to a ruling by the U.S. International Trade Commission on whether the imports injure, or threaten injury to, domestic producers.
The United States on Monday launched a challenge to domestic content requirements in India's solar program, saying they discriminated against U.S. companies.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June