U.S. Sets Preliminary Duties on Steel Threaded Rods from India
February 12, 2014 3:13 PM EST
The U.S. Commerce Department said on Tuesday it had set preliminary duties of up to 120 percent on imports of steel threaded rods from India.
Employees work at the production line inside Hallmark steel factory in Bhiwadi in Rajasthan September 30, 2013.
The department said the rods, which have threaded grooves, had been "dumped" in the U.S. market at prices 8.63 percent to 119.87 percent below fair market value.
In 2013, imports of steel threaded rods from India were valued at an estimated $19 million, the department said.
A final decision on duties is expected by July and is also subject to a ruling by the U.S. International Trade Commission on whether the imports injure, or threaten injury to, domestic producers.
The United States on Monday launched a challenge to domestic content requirements in India's solar program, saying they discriminated against U.S. companies.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery