‘Fifty Shades of Grey’: Meet the Real Life Christian Grey, An Italian Real Estate Agent
By jaskiran kaur | February 12, 2014 3:02 PM EST
"Fifty Shades of Grey" novel became one of the biggest hits of all time. When the movie makers announced its filming, fans could only imagine Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele coming to life on the silver screen when Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson would play the characters. But have you ever imagined meeting real-life Christian Grey?
Meet Alessandro Proto a real estate agent who claims to be the inspiration behind E.L. James' mysterious yet memorable character from "Fifty Shades of Grey."
According to report by New York Daily News, 39 year-old Alessandro Proto, who has sold houses to Hollywood celebrities, is the real-life inspiration behind the extremely charming and kinky businessman Christian Grey.
Reportedly, Alessandro Proto is also a successful businessman who has sold properties to international celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio, Madonna and Brad Pitt. As per his claims, he met the author of the erotica in 2010 who was in Italy due to professional commitments. At the time, E.L. James was touring the city and writing about how international celebrities snaffle the property in the city.
In addition, Alessandro who is involved in the property business has dealt with international celebrities had spent some two days travelling with E.L. James from Milan to Lake Como.
He claims that he is the real-life Christian Grey of "Fifty Shades of Grey" and bears a resemblance to the oh-so-popular character. He explained some of the similarities while making the claims.
The first reference he makes is that of Christian Grey's company name in "Fifty Shades of Grey" book. His firm is called Grey Enterprise Holding and in real life Alessandro Proto's firm is called Proto Organization Holding.
He also claimed that just like the character in the book, he also drove R8 Audi Spyder when he met E.L. James the author of the trilogy.
He claims that the location of his office is also used in "Fifty Shades of Grey."
"My office is located on the 8th floor. It is the highest in the building. I came from nothing, so I see top floors as a metaphor for achievement and success," told Alessandro Proto as quoted by New York Daily News.
The latest teaser photo features that aspect as it shows Christian Grey looking outside the window of his office seemingly on the top floor.
He also explains how his mystique nature also became one of the significant characteristics of the character's personality in the book. In real life, Alessandro Prot is hesitant of giving interviews just like Christian Grey in the book who builds up an aura of mysteriousness around him. Reportedly, Alessandro has given only four interviews in four years.
Christian Grey is known for his sensual nature and this is where their nature differs. Alessandro Proto claims himself different from the character of the book and "a little more old fashioned," in terms of sexual desires. He says the S&M aspects of "Fifty Shades of Grey" is "pure imagination" of the author as he does not have that kind of sexual fantasies.
Nonetheless, he has received numerous fan mails ever since he was associated with Christian Grey as the inspiration behind the development of the character. Reportedly, Swiss women have also founded a fan club in his name.
Alessandro Proto was born in Milan and was an encyclopedia salesman before he joined the real estate business. According to the reports, he may also make a cameo in "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie starring Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey and Dakota Johnson as Anastasia Steele.
Even though he is the inspiration behind Jamie Dornan's character Christian Grey in "Fifty Shades of Grey," Alessandro Proto could not read the book after few pages. He was only "curious" to know what the media was writing about but soon after, he quit. Reportedly, Alessandro Proto was arrested in the year 2013 on Valentine's Day for allegedly manipulating the financial marketing. If he is granted parole, he will be released on Valentine's Day 2015, coincidentally the same day when "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie is scheduled to release in theatres.
For more news on "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie and its stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Winds of Winter’ Fans' Speculation: Cersei Lannister As Regent
- Top 5 Best-Selling Young Adult Fiction Books For The Week Of Sept. 21, 2014 Including 'If I Stay' By Gayle Forman And ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ By John Green
- Pre-Order Booking Of ‘The Walking Dead’ Star Norman Reedus’ New Book ‘Thanks For All The Niceness’ Is On
- Next ‘Game of Thrones’ Book Releasing Soon
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister, Jorah Mormont & Arya Stark In Braavos
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet