Winter is definitely coming and is scheduled to premiere on April 17, and fans of HBO's "Game of Thrones" just can't enough of more scheming plots, weddings and dragons. HBO has been teasing fans on their 15-minute featurette and location photos that only added more anticipation for the upcoming Season Four.
Judging from GOT's Season 4 trailer, the show will welcome some new characters that will stir up the Seven Kingdoms and Dany's dragons are going to be fiercer than before. There is no doubt that fans are still traumatized from the Season three's finale, the "Red Wedding," but producers of the show prepared something for Season Four that will surely excite the growing followers of the hit fantasy series.
Here are the five things to know about the "Game of Thrones" Season Four.
1. Based on George R.R. Martin's bestselling fantasy novel "A Song of Ice and Fire" books, Season Four is going to chart the events chronicled in the latter half of Martin's third book in the series, "A Storm of Swords." HBO's teasers offered some scenes from the so-called Purple Wedding where a shocking death is going to happened. Those who are familiar to Martin's writing will know that the wedding is going to stir up some issues about the Lannisters.
2. Joffrey is going to die a horrible, spiky death. The young King of the Iron Throne is going to meet his end and it's not going to be pretty. His death has been planned and executioner is very thorough that after his death everybody is still guessing who did it.
3. Jon Snow will lead the Night Watch and will be proclaimed as the King of the Wall. He maybe a bastard but Jon is born to rule as he prepares The Wall from Wildling invasion.
4. Season 4 is going to be filled with conquests and betrayal. Daenerys Targaryen played by Emilia Clark continues her journey as she conquers Slaver's Bay after freeing the slaves of Yunkai.
5. "I find it very hard that I would have a wedding ceremony replicated like that again in my career," says Natalie Dormer who plays Joffrey's bride-to-be Margaery Tyrell. And yes, their wedding is going to be called the "Purple Wedding."