‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Spoilers: Joffrey’s Horrible Spiky Death and More![VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | February 12, 2014 2:59 PM EST
Winter is definitely coming and is scheduled to premiere on April 17, and fans of HBO's "Game of Thrones" just can't enough of more scheming plots, weddings and dragons. HBO has been teasing fans on their 15-minute featurette and location photos that only added more anticipation for the upcoming Season Four.
Judging from GOT's Season 4 trailer, the show will welcome some new characters that will stir up the Seven Kingdoms and Dany's dragons are going to be fiercer than before. There is no doubt that fans are still traumatized from the Season three's finale, the "Red Wedding," but producers of the show prepared something for Season Four that will surely excite the growing followers of the hit fantasy series.
Here are the five things to know about the "Game of Thrones" Season Four.
1. Based on George R.R. Martin's bestselling fantasy novel "A Song of Ice and Fire" books, Season Four is going to chart the events chronicled in the latter half of Martin's third book in the series, "A Storm of Swords." HBO's teasers offered some scenes from the so-called Purple Wedding where a shocking death is going to happened. Those who are familiar to Martin's writing will know that the wedding is going to stir up some issues about the Lannisters.
2. Joffrey is going to die a horrible, spiky death. The young King of the Iron Throne is going to meet his end and it's not going to be pretty. His death has been planned and executioner is very thorough that after his death everybody is still guessing who did it.
3. Jon Snow will lead the Night Watch and will be proclaimed as the King of the Wall. He maybe a bastard but Jon is born to rule as he prepares The Wall from Wildling invasion.
4. Season 4 is going to be filled with conquests and betrayal. Daenerys Targaryen played by Emilia Clark continues her journey as she conquers Slaver's Bay after freeing the slaves of Yunkai.
5. "I find it very hard that I would have a wedding ceremony replicated like that again in my career," says Natalie Dormer who plays Joffrey's bride-to-be Margaery Tyrell. And yes, their wedding is going to be called the "Purple Wedding."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks