Sony Xperia SP Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 Hits Australian Owners; Xperia T, TX and V Updates Soon?
By Ryan Inoyori | February 12, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Sony Xperia SP owners around the world can now expect official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update soon, as the firmware is now being pushed in Australia. Sony Mobile is now rolling out the 12.1.A.0.266 version running Android 4.3 with Xperia Themes, Smart camera, new UI and updated media apps.
Sony Mobile Updates Xperia SP
After months of delay, Sony Mobile is now rolling out the update for Xperia SP running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The newest firmware upgrade begins in Australia and will be delivered in other countries real soon.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Sony Xperia SP has a build version of 12.1.A.0.266 which has been assumed as the final build for the smartphone but not the last update for the device. Moreover, the kernel has been updated to version 3.4.0 and compatible with all variants of the smartphone but initially being released for C5303 model.
Xperia Guide caught the details of the new firmware which includes the following changes:
1. New and updated Sony Xperia UI similar with other Xperia devices running Android 4.3
2. New Sony Smart camera apps and modes
3. Updated Sony media apps such as Album and Movies, and WALKMAN
4. Xperia Themes with additional support for downloads
5. New Xperia wallpapers and stock themes
6. Xperia Home launcher based on newer Sony Xperia devices
7. Project Butter which makes UI very smooth
In Australia, both the generic model and Vodafone exclusive handset of Xperia SP are now receiving the latest firmware update which was reported passing testing phase.
How to Install
Users can check their Sony PC Companion or Bridge for Mac to download and update their Xperia SP. Simply download the PC Companion from Sony Mobile Web site and install it to any Windows computer with OS version XP, Vista, 7 or 8.
Plug the smartphone and let it detect any new firmware but don't expect too much as the update is still available in Australia.
Aside from that, users can also manually install the update using Flash Tool for Xperia SP C5303 LTE generic model in Australia.
Knowing that Xperia SP is now receiving the update, we can also safely assume near releases of Android 4.3 for Xperia M, T, TX and V which have been confirmed by Sony to get the same update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries