Sony Xperia SP Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 Hits Australian Owners; Xperia T, TX and V Updates Soon?
By Ryan Inoyori | February 12, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Sony Xperia SP owners around the world can now expect official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update soon, as the firmware is now being pushed in Australia. Sony Mobile is now rolling out the 12.1.A.0.266 version running Android 4.3 with Xperia Themes, Smart camera, new UI and updated media apps.
Sony Mobile Updates Xperia SP
After months of delay, Sony Mobile is now rolling out the update for Xperia SP running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The newest firmware upgrade begins in Australia and will be delivered in other countries real soon.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Sony Xperia SP has a build version of 12.1.A.0.266 which has been assumed as the final build for the smartphone but not the last update for the device. Moreover, the kernel has been updated to version 3.4.0 and compatible with all variants of the smartphone but initially being released for C5303 model.
Xperia Guide caught the details of the new firmware which includes the following changes:
1. New and updated Sony Xperia UI similar with other Xperia devices running Android 4.3
2. New Sony Smart camera apps and modes
3. Updated Sony media apps such as Album and Movies, and WALKMAN
4. Xperia Themes with additional support for downloads
5. New Xperia wallpapers and stock themes
6. Xperia Home launcher based on newer Sony Xperia devices
7. Project Butter which makes UI very smooth
In Australia, both the generic model and Vodafone exclusive handset of Xperia SP are now receiving the latest firmware update which was reported passing testing phase.
How to Install
Users can check their Sony PC Companion or Bridge for Mac to download and update their Xperia SP. Simply download the PC Companion from Sony Mobile Web site and install it to any Windows computer with OS version XP, Vista, 7 or 8.
Plug the smartphone and let it detect any new firmware but don't expect too much as the update is still available in Australia.
Aside from that, users can also manually install the update using Flash Tool for Xperia SP C5303 LTE generic model in Australia.
Knowing that Xperia SP is now receiving the update, we can also safely assume near releases of Android 4.3 for Xperia M, T, TX and V which have been confirmed by Sony to get the same update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected