Sony Xperia SP Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 12.1.A.0.266 Hits Australian Owners; Xperia T, TX and V Updates Soon?
By Ryan Inoyori | February 12, 2014 2:10 PM EST
Sony Xperia SP owners around the world can now expect official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update soon, as the firmware is now being pushed in Australia. Sony Mobile is now rolling out the 12.1.A.0.266 version running Android 4.3 with Xperia Themes, Smart camera, new UI and updated media apps.
Sony Mobile Updates Xperia SP
After months of delay, Sony Mobile is now rolling out the update for Xperia SP running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. The newest firmware upgrade begins in Australia and will be delivered in other countries real soon.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Sony Xperia SP has a build version of 12.1.A.0.266 which has been assumed as the final build for the smartphone but not the last update for the device. Moreover, the kernel has been updated to version 3.4.0 and compatible with all variants of the smartphone but initially being released for C5303 model.
Xperia Guide caught the details of the new firmware which includes the following changes:
1. New and updated Sony Xperia UI similar with other Xperia devices running Android 4.3
2. New Sony Smart camera apps and modes
3. Updated Sony media apps such as Album and Movies, and WALKMAN
4. Xperia Themes with additional support for downloads
5. New Xperia wallpapers and stock themes
6. Xperia Home launcher based on newer Sony Xperia devices
7. Project Butter which makes UI very smooth
In Australia, both the generic model and Vodafone exclusive handset of Xperia SP are now receiving the latest firmware update which was reported passing testing phase.
How to Install
Users can check their Sony PC Companion or Bridge for Mac to download and update their Xperia SP. Simply download the PC Companion from Sony Mobile Web site and install it to any Windows computer with OS version XP, Vista, 7 or 8.
Plug the smartphone and let it detect any new firmware but don't expect too much as the update is still available in Australia.
Aside from that, users can also manually install the update using Flash Tool for Xperia SP C5303 LTE generic model in Australia.
Knowing that Xperia SP is now receiving the update, we can also safely assume near releases of Android 4.3 for Xperia M, T, TX and V which have been confirmed by Sony to get the same update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone