'Titanfall' Beta Access Details and Future Plans
By Gel Galang | February 12, 2014 12:32 PM EST
"Titanfall's" beta on Xbox One and PC is coming ever closer for gamers, as Vince Zampella of Respawn Entertainment has recently tweeted more details for those who are planning to join.
Tonight at 6pm PST there will be a website to sign up for #titanfall beta access. The website will be announced shortly before 6.
— Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) February 11, 2014
During this time, beta codes will be revealed, and it has been confirmed that, though the time for the reveal of beta codes will be the same everywhere else, the beta access to "Titanfall" will not be for U.S. residents alone. *Another awaited game, "Watch Dogs," has been confirmed for a more specific release date timeframe, while its Wii U version will be delayed: Read the full story here. However, those who were hoping that pre-ordering the game would be some kind of assurance of a bigger chance to get in the beta access, Mr Zampella has also stated that Respawn has tried to do the beta access based on pre-orders, but it could not be done.
If it were up to me I would let most of you in (always a few bad apples). Sadly, we have restrictions that we couldn't avoid. — Vince Zampella (@VinceZampella) February 11, 2014
Still, those who can't wait for the game to release can start setting their alarms in time for the beta codes. Expect updates of what will happen in the next few days.
*"Batman: Arkham Origins" may not have glitch fixes for the meantime, as the team preps for the story DLC: Get the details here.
'Titanfall's' Future: A Franchise in the Making?
"Titanfall" is one of the most watched-for games this coming next month, but even before the game has actually been released, publisher EA already plans on making it more than just a one-game wonder.
In an interview with GameSpot, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen revealed some of the plans for a "Titanfall" sequel.
*Having withdrawal symptoms from "Flappy Bird? Here are a few other games that have similar addictive tendencies: Check it out here.
The potential of the game lies in its unique and exciting gameplay, and it also helps that EA seems to be a little more confident this time around in terms of "Titanfall" launch, stating that it is very hopeful that a "Battlefield 4" fiasco is not expected for this game.
What's more interesting would be the discussion of "Titanfall's" presence in other platforms. While it has already been confirmed that the first "Titanfall" will be an exclusive to the Xbox console platform for its lifetime, but succeeding installments have not yet been exclusively claimed by Microsoft. And for now, there are no confirmations yet even from EA on whether or not "Titanfall" will see a release on the PS4 and PS3 for its next game.
Others have been hopeful, like SCEE brand manager Alex Moyet, who had previously tweeted that "Titanfall" may find its way on the PS4 "after a year or so."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display