Knicks Trade Rumour: ‘Manimal’ Headed to the Big Apple for Key Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 12, 2014 11:12 AM EST
The New York Knicks are planning to acquire Denver Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried in exchange for key playmaker Iman Shumpert.
Knicks are rumoured to be brewing up a deal involving Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried
The Knicks, which are currently on tenth spot in the East, are desperately looking for an energy guy down low that could provide them the needed spark as they push for a playoff slot.
While the "Manimal" is seen as an important component of the Nuggets, they could do without the presence of the explosive big-man, with the likes of Wilson Chandler and JJ Hickson more than abled to take his place.
On the other hand, Denver will be getting an athletic and fierce defender, who could make shots from the perimeter and take the ball to the hoop.
Both Faried and Shumpert are tied with their respective ballclubs until next summer before turning into a restricted free agent, which makes it, pretty much, a fair deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season