Knicks Trade Rumour: ‘Manimal’ Headed to the Big Apple for Key Playmaker
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 12, 2014 11:12 AM EST
The New York Knicks are planning to acquire Denver Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried in exchange for key playmaker Iman Shumpert.
Knicks are rumoured to be brewing up a deal involving Nuggets forward Kenneth Faried
The Knicks, which are currently on tenth spot in the East, are desperately looking for an energy guy down low that could provide them the needed spark as they push for a playoff slot.
While the "Manimal" is seen as an important component of the Nuggets, they could do without the presence of the explosive big-man, with the likes of Wilson Chandler and JJ Hickson more than abled to take his place.
On the other hand, Denver will be getting an athletic and fierce defender, who could make shots from the perimeter and take the ball to the hoop.
Both Faried and Shumpert are tied with their respective ballclubs until next summer before turning into a restricted free agent, which makes it, pretty much, a fair deal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar