Lea Michele Pours Out her Emotions in a Heartfelt Tribute to Corey Monteith
By Maychelle Ornos | February 12, 2014 10:12 AM EST
The song "You're Mine" was released by "Glee" star Lea Michele last February 10 as a tribute to her late love Corey Monteith. The lyrics of the song tell the love story between Michele and Monteith and fans of the series would definitely relate to the song.
Actress Lea Michele arrives as a guest at the 20th anniversary of ELLE Women in Hollywood event in Los Angeles
Many witnessed the despair that she felt when Monteith passed away unexpectedly but she has taken everything in stride. She has not stopped writing songs and has finished her album with hopes of a new beginning after the death of her boyfriend.
This song tribute is part of her upcoming solo album entitled "Louder" which is scheduled for released on February 28, 2014 by the premier recording label Columbia Records. As you listen to the piano ballad, you would definitely feel the love, especially as Michele sings the first time they exchanged those three precious words.
The love that blossomed in "Glee" was unexpectedly cut short when Monteith died of heroin and alcohol overdose back in July 2013. The loss really took its toll on Michele but has remained strong. She tweeted that this song tribute is her favourite track in her album. "It's so special to me & it's story is so close to my heart'" shares Michele in Us Weekly.
The lyrics really pictured out the relationship between the two. The song was co-written by Australian singer/songwriter Sia. This ballad really reminds her of Monteith and she plays this song whenever she thinks of him.
"And you said those three words, I've been waiting for. You became a part of me," parts of the lyrics sung by Michele. Even though the two have already parted ways, she still cares for the late "Glee" star. The love she shared with Monteith gives her the strength to face her daily battles sharing that she feels him watching over her and guiding her.
Anyone who has lost a loved one will definitely feel the power of the song and will be moved by it, especially with the vocal prowess that Michele has. The song truly is a powerful reminder of how strong they have depended on each other.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date