Sochi Olympics 2014: American Bobsledder Johnny Quinn Gets Stuck Again Due to a Jammed Door, But He Didn’t Destroy Problem Elevator Door
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 12, 2014 9:11 AM EST
The occurrence of lightning striking twice in the same place is a rare event. And so does being stuck in a tiny room because of a jammed door lock in the same Olympic.
Fireworks explode after the Olympic Cauldron is been lit during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, February 7, 2014.
Sochi Olympics 2014: Empty Seats at Competition Venues, Organisers Beg Volunteers to Fill Up Stadium at Grand Opening? (VIDEOS)
Sochi Olympics 2014: Will Sexy Photos of Russian Female Athletes Counter the Bad Press Putin Got and Flak Over Failures in Winter Olympic Staging? (VIDEOS)
But it did happen to American bobsledder Johnny Quinn who was in the news last week for using his bobsledding training to destroy the door of his hotel bathroom that refused to open. Quinn said he had no recourse except to use brute force since his mobile phone was in the other room.
The news and video of the destroyed door became viral in the internet.
On Monday, Quinn once more tweeted a second incident involving another Sochi door - this time it was not a bathroom door but an elevator door. He was trapped in the lift with fellow American athletes David Cripps and Nick Cunningham. Click here to see the photo of Quinn trapped inside an elevator.
However, while Quinn did not indicate in his later tweet how he managed to get out, he obviously didn't use his training to bust open the elevator door made of a heavier material than bathroom doors that are usually made of wood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch