Sochi Olympics 2014: American Bobsledder Johnny Quinn Gets Stuck Again Due to a Jammed Door, But He Didn’t Destroy Problem Elevator Door
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 12, 2014 9:11 AM EST
The occurrence of lightning striking twice in the same place is a rare event. And so does being stuck in a tiny room because of a jammed door lock in the same Olympic.
Fireworks explode after the Olympic Cauldron is been lit during the opening ceremony of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, February 7, 2014.
Sochi Olympics 2014: Empty Seats at Competition Venues, Organisers Beg Volunteers to Fill Up Stadium at Grand Opening? (VIDEOS)
Sochi Olympics 2014: Will Sexy Photos of Russian Female Athletes Counter the Bad Press Putin Got and Flak Over Failures in Winter Olympic Staging? (VIDEOS)
But it did happen to American bobsledder Johnny Quinn who was in the news last week for using his bobsledding training to destroy the door of his hotel bathroom that refused to open. Quinn said he had no recourse except to use brute force since his mobile phone was in the other room.
The news and video of the destroyed door became viral in the internet.
On Monday, Quinn once more tweeted a second incident involving another Sochi door - this time it was not a bathroom door but an elevator door. He was trapped in the lift with fellow American athletes David Cripps and Nick Cunningham. Click here to see the photo of Quinn trapped inside an elevator.
However, while Quinn did not indicate in his later tweet how he managed to get out, he obviously didn't use his training to bust open the elevator door made of a heavier material than bathroom doors that are usually made of wood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown