NSW Releases ‘Jhappi Time’ Campaign To Attract Indian Tourists [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | February 12, 2014 7:06 AM EST
The New South Wales government wants some “jhappi” time with Indian tourists. In a bid to lure Indian middle class to spend some time in the state, state tourism Destination NSW has launched a Bollywood tourism campaign, inviting them for a “hug time.”
The “Jhappi Time” campaign includes a series of short Bollywood-style video ads that encourage the relatives of Indians living in the state to visit for a “jhappi” (“hug” in Hindi) with their loved ones in Sydney and NSW.
“It’s the perfect opportunity for family and friends to reunite and soak up the city’s cosmopolitan lifestyle, great food and wine, and stunning natural attractions with lots of fun along the way,” the campaign reads.
Tourists are offered a variety of “Jhappi Time Deals,” including visits to landmarks like Blue Mountains, Hunter Valleys, and the South Coast.
The ads, shot by Sydney-based Bollywood filmmaker Anupam Sharma, were shot at various scenic locations in NSW, with the participation of an all local crew of Indian Australians.
“There is no better way to give the message than this one as the film shows Indians living here sending lovely messages to their loved one back home to visit the place,” the director said.
The ads will be screened at cinemas in Indian cities and will be featured on billboards, printed on paper, and uploaded online.
Destination NSW chief executive officer Sandra Chipchase told PTI that they are expecting at least 10 per cent increase of Indian tourists over the next 12 to 18 months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Update: Wreckage Found In Indian Ocean To Be Verified
- Gaza Conflict Turns Showbiz With Lady Gaga and Hollywood Celebrities
- MH370: Kiwi Author Insists On Pilot Suicide Theory
- Facebook Scam Has Qantas Official Logo And Tempting Offer Of $1,500 Free Voucher
- 5 Most Breathtaking Sunsets In The World
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date