NSW Releases ‘Jhappi Time’ Campaign To Attract Indian Tourists [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | February 12, 2014 7:06 AM EST
The New South Wales government wants some “jhappi” time with Indian tourists. In a bid to lure Indian middle class to spend some time in the state, state tourism Destination NSW has launched a Bollywood tourism campaign, inviting them for a “hug time.”
The “Jhappi Time” campaign includes a series of short Bollywood-style video ads that encourage the relatives of Indians living in the state to visit for a “jhappi” (“hug” in Hindi) with their loved ones in Sydney and NSW.
“It’s the perfect opportunity for family and friends to reunite and soak up the city’s cosmopolitan lifestyle, great food and wine, and stunning natural attractions with lots of fun along the way,” the campaign reads.
Tourists are offered a variety of “Jhappi Time Deals,” including visits to landmarks like Blue Mountains, Hunter Valleys, and the South Coast.
The ads, shot by Sydney-based Bollywood filmmaker Anupam Sharma, were shot at various scenic locations in NSW, with the participation of an all local crew of Indian Australians.
“There is no better way to give the message than this one as the film shows Indians living here sending lovely messages to their loved one back home to visit the place,” the director said.
The ads will be screened at cinemas in Indian cities and will be featured on billboards, printed on paper, and uploaded online.
Destination NSW chief executive officer Sandra Chipchase told PTI that they are expecting at least 10 per cent increase of Indian tourists over the next 12 to 18 months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flights: MH17 Black Box Data Suggests Missile Attack; MH17 and MH370 Leads Malaysia Airlines to ‘Renaming and Rebranding’
- MH370: Police Dragged and Punched Families of Victims
- Armageddon Nears as River Turns Bloody Red in Wenzhou, Locals Believe
- Pm Abbott Goes Nuts over MH17 Mission
- MH17: Teen Brags about Mascara Looted from Victim
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6