NSW Releases ‘Jhappi Time’ Campaign To Attract Indian Tourists [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | February 12, 2014 7:06 AM EST
The New South Wales government wants some “jhappi” time with Indian tourists. In a bid to lure Indian middle class to spend some time in the state, state tourism Destination NSW has launched a Bollywood tourism campaign, inviting them for a “hug time.”
The “Jhappi Time” campaign includes a series of short Bollywood-style video ads that encourage the relatives of Indians living in the state to visit for a “jhappi” (“hug” in Hindi) with their loved ones in Sydney and NSW.
“It’s the perfect opportunity for family and friends to reunite and soak up the city’s cosmopolitan lifestyle, great food and wine, and stunning natural attractions with lots of fun along the way,” the campaign reads.
Tourists are offered a variety of “Jhappi Time Deals,” including visits to landmarks like Blue Mountains, Hunter Valleys, and the South Coast.
The ads, shot by Sydney-based Bollywood filmmaker Anupam Sharma, were shot at various scenic locations in NSW, with the participation of an all local crew of Indian Australians.
“There is no better way to give the message than this one as the film shows Indians living here sending lovely messages to their loved one back home to visit the place,” the director said.
The ads will be screened at cinemas in Indian cities and will be featured on billboards, printed on paper, and uploaded online.
Destination NSW chief executive officer Sandra Chipchase told PTI that they are expecting at least 10 per cent increase of Indian tourists over the next 12 to 18 months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS