So much has been speculated on the release date of Apple iPhone 6, with many claiming that it would be launched in June, considering rival companies' products like Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One 2 and Sony Xperia Z2, which are all expected to be released soon.
But now the latest buzz is that the next-generation smartphone would see the light of the day only in September, despite reports that it will come in June.
According to Tech Radar, "Apple will launch the iPhone 6 in September, along with the iWatch and the first view of iOS 8, to allow it to both bring a new product to market as well as keeping its schedule safe." Meanwhile, Cowen and Company analyst Timothy Arcuri and South Korean publication house ET News also said that the smartphone will be launched only in Setpember.
However, Chinese Analyst Sun Changxu had told QQ Tech website that the production of the next-generation smartphone would start in May before its launch in June; a view which was echoed by Jefferies analyst Peter Misek. South Korea's brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities also said that iPhone 6 will be released in the second or third quarter of 2014. The prediction seems to hold some credibility as Apple's WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) will be held from 10 to 14 June.
5 Upgraded Features over iPhone 5S
Apple's next-generation smartphone is expected to beat iPhone 5S in both looks and specifications. It has been reported that the new device will not only boast upgraded features but also pack some new ones.
1) iPhone 6 is expected to sport a 4.7/4.8 or 5.5″ display with a 1920x1080p (440ppi), or a 2272×1280 (510ppi), according to a note to investors by South Korea's brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities (translated by Oled Display), while iPhone 5S features 4-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi‑Touch display with 1136x640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi.
2) Apple's next-generation smartphone is expected to be powered by A8 chip (64-bit), while iPhone 5S is powered by A7 chip with 64-bit architecture.
3) iPhone 6 is expected to run on iOS 7.2. iPhone 5S runs on iOS 7.
4) iPhone 5S houses 1440mAh battery but its successor is expected to have 1,800mAh battery.
5) iPhone 5S has 802.11n Wi-Fi connections but its successor is expected to have 802.11ac Wi-Fi Connectivity, which was updated on Mac Apple last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail: