Jeremy Lin Trade Update: Knicks To Bring Linsanity Back? Lin Could Be Included in Package For Tyson Chandler, Tim Hardaway Jr.
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 11, 2014 11:11 PM EST
Jeremy Lin's career took off during his tenure with the New York Knicks. After two years in Houston, the former Harvard hot shot could find himself playing for the Knickerbockers again as significant piece in the rumored Knicks-Rockets deal.
Jeremy Lin is featured in the latest "This is SportsCenter" commercial.
Sports World Report broke the news on the potential trade between the Rockets and the Knicks with barely two weeks left before the trade deadline.
Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has been looking for a trade partner for disgruntled center Omer Asik ever since the Turk demanded a trade out of Houston early November. However, Asik remains with the Rockets up to this point, and analysts blamed it to the steep price Morey is asking from the center's potential suitors.
Still, Asik's changing uniform remains very high. Despite Morey's announcement that they plan to keep the center for the remainder of the season, the lure to get his $15 million paycheck next season and acquire compensations in return is too much for the Rockets to turn down.
"The Rockets would love to trade away Asik and the center would not mind a change in scenery as well. The issue is that he is owed $15 million next season and is set to be an $8.7 million hit to the cap. Morey has yet to find an offer that he feels satisfied with, but the Knicks could be the team that makes the deadline offer to win him over."
Just a year after reaching the conference semifinals, the Knicks appears to be headed to lottery once again. Anthony, who could also be traded anytime, is still putting up big numbers, but his supporting casts don't really fit well in the system. With the trade deadline just around the corner, the Knicks seem to be an ideal trade partner for the Rockets.
"ESPN's David Thrope suggests the Knicks could be the team that makes the last minute offer on Asik to take him off the Rockets' hands. The team has been searching for depth in the front court as several injuries have plagued the team in recent weeks," via Sports World Report.
Lin Back With The Knicks
Lin's strong play of late has drawn attention from several suitors, including the Lakers and the Bulls. However, there's also the possibility that Linsanity could find his way back to Madison Square Garden, where the craze all began two years ago.
"Thorpe suggests Tim Hardaway Jr. would be a lock to get traded for the center. The reporter also notes that Tyson Chandler could be included if another player like Jeremy Lin was included," the site added.
Lin is averaging 13 points and 4 dimes per game this season. Nevertheless, he has proved as of late that he can be a perfect role player in a star-studded team like the Rockets. Bringing Lin back in New York City would be wise for the Knicks on a basketball and marketing reasons. If this trade pushes through, Lin will have the opportunity to prove to everyone that Linsanity is not fluke, and he's returned to save the franchise the second time around.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions