Box Office Collection: 'Hasee To Phasee' Enjoys Decent Monday; 'Jai Ho' Benefits but Other Films Fail
By Ankita Mehta | February 11, 2014 10:43 PM EST
After enjoying a good opening weekend, "Hasee Toh Phasee" made decent earnings on its first Monday at the domestic box office.
YouTube screen shot
Hasee Toh Phasee
The romantic comedy registered 40 to 50 percent drop on Monday, compared to its first day. The Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra starrer raked in around ₹2.90 crore on Monday, and the four-day accumulation of the film has now reached the ₹21.30 crore mark.
"#HaseeTohPhasee *revised* Fri 4.65 cr, Sat 6.35 cr, Sun 7.40, Mon 2.90 cr. Total: ₹ 21.30 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The film was made on a budget of ₹25 crore, which it should rake in before finishing its first week run.
"Hasee Toh Phasee" had started on a slow note but weekend turned out to be a good one for the film.
The film should be able to end the first week total with good numbers. The film will easily beat "Yaariyan" and "Dedh Ishqiya" total, and become the second highest grosser of the year, behind "Jai Ho". By the end of the first week, "HTP" should rake in more than 26 crore.
"Hasee Toh Phasee" is directed by Vinil Mathew and produced by Dharma Productions and Phantam Productions.
"HTP" was released along with three films but the other flicks failed to rake in the moolah at the box office.
However, the failure of the new films to draw attention has benefited Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" at the domestic box office. The Salman starrer has become the second choice of moviegoers after "HTP.
Salman's "Jai Ho" has managed to take its 17-day total to ₹113.28 crore at the domestic box office. [Read the report here]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier