Box Office: Nazriya Nazim's 'Ohm Shanthi Oshana', Mohanlal's 'Drishyam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 11, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Nazriya Nazim-Nivin Pauly starrer "Ohm Shanthi Oshana" is doing good business at the Indian box office.
The romantic entertainer, which is about a schoolgirl falling in love with a youth, has earned positive reviews from critics. The film has also received thumbs up from the audience, which is evident from its collections.
According to Andhraboxoffice, "Ohm Shanthi Oshana" has grossed over ₹2.7 crore in four days at the India box office. While the film's performance was good in the first weekend (7-9 February), its business was rock steady on the first Monday (10 February).
Armed with positive feedback, the Nazriya-Nivin film is expected to perform well in the coming days.
Directed by debutant Jude Anthany Joseph, "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana" also has Vineeth Srinivasan, Aju Varghese, Vinaya Prasad, Oshein Mertil, Renji Panicker and Lal Jose in supporting roles. Nazriya's performance has won her accolades from all quarters.
On the other hand, Mohanlal's "Drishyam" has successfully completed its 50-day theatrical run in Kerala, as well as in Tamil Nadu. The film, which released on 19 December, had earned fantastic reviews from both critics and audience. Strong word of mouth helped the film rake in good collections.
The thriller has emerged as the biggest hit in Malayalam film industry. The Mohanlal starrer has reportedly earned over ₹35 crore so far, though the exact figure is not known yet.
Directed by Jeethu Joseph, "Drishyam" is about a family which faces a crisis due to some unexpected events, and how they come out of it forms the crux of the story.
Following the success of "Drishyam", the film will be remade in other languages, including Tamil and Telugu. The Tamil version will be directed by Jeethu himself and will reportedly have Kamal playing Mohanlal's role. Meanwhile, the Telugu version of "Drishyam" will be helmed by yesteryear actress Sripriya and will have Venkatesh filling Mohanlal's shoes.
Meena, who appeared as Mohanlal's wife in "Drishyam", will be reprising the role in the Telugu version as well. However, it is not known as to who would do the role in the Tamil version. According to reports, Meena and Nadiya are being considered for the role but there is no confirmation on the same.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display