Box Office: Nazriya Nazim's 'Ohm Shanthi Oshana', Mohanlal's 'Drishyam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 11, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Nazriya Nazim-Nivin Pauly starrer "Ohm Shanthi Oshana" is doing good business at the Indian box office.
The romantic entertainer, which is about a schoolgirl falling in love with a youth, has earned positive reviews from critics. The film has also received thumbs up from the audience, which is evident from its collections.
According to Andhraboxoffice, "Ohm Shanthi Oshana" has grossed over ₹2.7 crore in four days at the India box office. While the film's performance was good in the first weekend (7-9 February), its business was rock steady on the first Monday (10 February).
Armed with positive feedback, the Nazriya-Nivin film is expected to perform well in the coming days.
Directed by debutant Jude Anthany Joseph, "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana" also has Vineeth Srinivasan, Aju Varghese, Vinaya Prasad, Oshein Mertil, Renji Panicker and Lal Jose in supporting roles. Nazriya's performance has won her accolades from all quarters.
On the other hand, Mohanlal's "Drishyam" has successfully completed its 50-day theatrical run in Kerala, as well as in Tamil Nadu. The film, which released on 19 December, had earned fantastic reviews from both critics and audience. Strong word of mouth helped the film rake in good collections.
The thriller has emerged as the biggest hit in Malayalam film industry. The Mohanlal starrer has reportedly earned over ₹35 crore so far, though the exact figure is not known yet.
Directed by Jeethu Joseph, "Drishyam" is about a family which faces a crisis due to some unexpected events, and how they come out of it forms the crux of the story.
Following the success of "Drishyam", the film will be remade in other languages, including Tamil and Telugu. The Tamil version will be directed by Jeethu himself and will reportedly have Kamal playing Mohanlal's role. Meanwhile, the Telugu version of "Drishyam" will be helmed by yesteryear actress Sripriya and will have Venkatesh filling Mohanlal's shoes.
Meena, who appeared as Mohanlal's wife in "Drishyam", will be reprising the role in the Telugu version as well. However, it is not known as to who would do the role in the Tamil version. According to reports, Meena and Nadiya are being considered for the role but there is no confirmation on the same.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown