Box Office: Nazriya Nazim's 'Ohm Shanthi Oshana', Mohanlal's 'Drishyam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 11, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Nazriya Nazim-Nivin Pauly starrer "Ohm Shanthi Oshana" is doing good business at the Indian box office.
The romantic entertainer, which is about a schoolgirl falling in love with a youth, has earned positive reviews from critics. The film has also received thumbs up from the audience, which is evident from its collections.
According to Andhraboxoffice, "Ohm Shanthi Oshana" has grossed over ₹2.7 crore in four days at the India box office. While the film's performance was good in the first weekend (7-9 February), its business was rock steady on the first Monday (10 February).
Armed with positive feedback, the Nazriya-Nivin film is expected to perform well in the coming days.
Directed by debutant Jude Anthany Joseph, "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana" also has Vineeth Srinivasan, Aju Varghese, Vinaya Prasad, Oshein Mertil, Renji Panicker and Lal Jose in supporting roles. Nazriya's performance has won her accolades from all quarters.
On the other hand, Mohanlal's "Drishyam" has successfully completed its 50-day theatrical run in Kerala, as well as in Tamil Nadu. The film, which released on 19 December, had earned fantastic reviews from both critics and audience. Strong word of mouth helped the film rake in good collections.
The thriller has emerged as the biggest hit in Malayalam film industry. The Mohanlal starrer has reportedly earned over ₹35 crore so far, though the exact figure is not known yet.
Directed by Jeethu Joseph, "Drishyam" is about a family which faces a crisis due to some unexpected events, and how they come out of it forms the crux of the story.
Following the success of "Drishyam", the film will be remade in other languages, including Tamil and Telugu. The Tamil version will be directed by Jeethu himself and will reportedly have Kamal playing Mohanlal's role. Meanwhile, the Telugu version of "Drishyam" will be helmed by yesteryear actress Sripriya and will have Venkatesh filling Mohanlal's shoes.
Meena, who appeared as Mohanlal's wife in "Drishyam", will be reprising the role in the Telugu version as well. However, it is not known as to who would do the role in the Tamil version. According to reports, Meena and Nadiya are being considered for the role but there is no confirmation on the same.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues