Box Office: Nazriya Nazim's 'Ohm Shanthi Oshana', Mohanlal's 'Drishyam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 11, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Nazriya Nazim-Nivin Pauly starrer "Ohm Shanthi Oshana" is doing good business at the Indian box office.
The romantic entertainer, which is about a schoolgirl falling in love with a youth, has earned positive reviews from critics. The film has also received thumbs up from the audience, which is evident from its collections.
According to Andhraboxoffice, "Ohm Shanthi Oshana" has grossed over ₹2.7 crore in four days at the India box office. While the film's performance was good in the first weekend (7-9 February), its business was rock steady on the first Monday (10 February).
Armed with positive feedback, the Nazriya-Nivin film is expected to perform well in the coming days.
Directed by debutant Jude Anthany Joseph, "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana" also has Vineeth Srinivasan, Aju Varghese, Vinaya Prasad, Oshein Mertil, Renji Panicker and Lal Jose in supporting roles. Nazriya's performance has won her accolades from all quarters.
On the other hand, Mohanlal's "Drishyam" has successfully completed its 50-day theatrical run in Kerala, as well as in Tamil Nadu. The film, which released on 19 December, had earned fantastic reviews from both critics and audience. Strong word of mouth helped the film rake in good collections.
The thriller has emerged as the biggest hit in Malayalam film industry. The Mohanlal starrer has reportedly earned over ₹35 crore so far, though the exact figure is not known yet.
Directed by Jeethu Joseph, "Drishyam" is about a family which faces a crisis due to some unexpected events, and how they come out of it forms the crux of the story.
Following the success of "Drishyam", the film will be remade in other languages, including Tamil and Telugu. The Tamil version will be directed by Jeethu himself and will reportedly have Kamal playing Mohanlal's role. Meanwhile, the Telugu version of "Drishyam" will be helmed by yesteryear actress Sripriya and will have Venkatesh filling Mohanlal's shoes.
Meena, who appeared as Mohanlal's wife in "Drishyam", will be reprising the role in the Telugu version as well. However, it is not known as to who would do the role in the Tamil version. According to reports, Meena and Nadiya are being considered for the role but there is no confirmation on the same.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen