Box Office: Nazriya Nazim's 'Ohm Shanthi Oshana', Mohanlal's 'Drishyam' Collections
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 11, 2014 10:03 PM EST
Nazriya Nazim-Nivin Pauly starrer "Ohm Shanthi Oshana" is doing good business at the Indian box office.
The romantic entertainer, which is about a schoolgirl falling in love with a youth, has earned positive reviews from critics. The film has also received thumbs up from the audience, which is evident from its collections.
According to Andhraboxoffice, "Ohm Shanthi Oshana" has grossed over ₹2.7 crore in four days at the India box office. While the film's performance was good in the first weekend (7-9 February), its business was rock steady on the first Monday (10 February).
Armed with positive feedback, the Nazriya-Nivin film is expected to perform well in the coming days.
Directed by debutant Jude Anthany Joseph, "Ohm Shanthi Oshaana" also has Vineeth Srinivasan, Aju Varghese, Vinaya Prasad, Oshein Mertil, Renji Panicker and Lal Jose in supporting roles. Nazriya's performance has won her accolades from all quarters.
On the other hand, Mohanlal's "Drishyam" has successfully completed its 50-day theatrical run in Kerala, as well as in Tamil Nadu. The film, which released on 19 December, had earned fantastic reviews from both critics and audience. Strong word of mouth helped the film rake in good collections.
The thriller has emerged as the biggest hit in Malayalam film industry. The Mohanlal starrer has reportedly earned over ₹35 crore so far, though the exact figure is not known yet.
Directed by Jeethu Joseph, "Drishyam" is about a family which faces a crisis due to some unexpected events, and how they come out of it forms the crux of the story.
Following the success of "Drishyam", the film will be remade in other languages, including Tamil and Telugu. The Tamil version will be directed by Jeethu himself and will reportedly have Kamal playing Mohanlal's role. Meanwhile, the Telugu version of "Drishyam" will be helmed by yesteryear actress Sripriya and will have Venkatesh filling Mohanlal's shoes.
Meena, who appeared as Mohanlal's wife in "Drishyam", will be reprising the role in the Telugu version as well. However, it is not known as to who would do the role in the Tamil version. According to reports, Meena and Nadiya are being considered for the role but there is no confirmation on the same.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown