Box Office Collection: 'Yevadu', 'Heart Attack', 'Paisa' and 'PPT' Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 11, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Check out the box office collection reports of Telugu films "Yevadu", "Heart Attack", "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda" and "Paisa."
Nithiin's "Heart Attack" has been doing decent business at the Andhra Pradesh box office.
"Heart Attack", which released on 31 January, received mixed reviews from critics.
However, the romantic entertainer had a good first weekend, earning approximately ₹5.55 crore (share). It had a decent second weekend and is estimated to have earned over ₹9 crore share in 10 days in Andhra Pradesh, according to Andhraboxoffice. The website also states that "Heart Attack" is expected to have a worldwide closing share of around ₹11-₹12 crore, which will make the film an average fare.
Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda (PPT)
Manchu family's "Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda" reportedly had a below par first week, with the film raking in approximately ₹4.06 crore only.
The film's performance has been steady in the second week and was decent in Ceeded. Despite that, "PPT" has done below average business as it had a slow start.
The comedy entertainer is all set to have an online release all over the world. "The reason for releasing it online in such a short period is to beat piracy," actor Vishnu Manchu said in a press release.
"We believe consumer love convenience and we are confident that the movie will be successful online as much as in theatres," Vishnu added.
Naani's "Paisa", which released on 7 February, collected ₹3 crore share in its opening weekend at the Andhra box office.
The film's performance has been decent in Nizam but has been poor in other areas. On the whole, the first weekend collections of "Paisa" are below par, according to Andhraboxoffice website.
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" has turned out to be a hit, with the film raking in good collections.
The action-packed entertainer recently completed 25 days at the box office. It has earned over ₹38 crore share in Andhra Pradesh.
The success of "Yevadu" should bring relief for Ram Charan whose last release "Thoofan" ("Zanjeer" in Hindi) was a disaster.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales