Lip Job Controversy: Anushka Sharma Writes Open Letter Denying Surgery
By Ankita Mehta | February 11, 2014 9:01 PM EST
Anushka Sharma, who in news for her enhanced lip, has written an open letter saying that she has not undergone any surgery. The "Band Baaja Baaraat" actress landed herself in controversy after she appeared in Karan Johar's chat show "Koffee With Karan" season four.
While, other stars would let the rumour die, Anushka has written an open letter on micro blogging site Twitter, clarifying the issue.
Read the letter here:
"Hellooooo everyone !! Today I am here to talk about my lips !! Yes ! There ! I said it .. My lips ! As a person I find it difficult to talk about my personal life and hence have always maintained a low profile choosing to interact with you all on Twitter with my random -mostly illogical thoughts seeming like the only thing I feel ok about ..that's just who I am .. But in today's time where PR stories and feeding people with information constantly or making appearances is a fad somewhere people like me get lost in translation or in this case translations !
Lately there has been a LOT of talk about me in this particular episode of Koffee with Karan . Mainly regarding my lips . I am here to just convey what I have to say regarding the same . I am talking about it only because this story has taken a scary direction and things have been 'blown out of proportion' ( pun intended ;) ) ...
For a short while now I have been using a temporary lip enhancing tool and that along with make up techniques ( I have learnt over the years) is the reason why there might be a change in the appearance of my lips. Having stated this fact let me very vehemently assure everyone that I have by no means gone 'under the knife ' or done any kind of 'plastic surgery' or undergone any intrusive procedure . This was my decision and was done for the sake of my look in my upcoming film Bombay Velvet,a period drama where I play a jazz singer in the 1960's - 70's . And it was taken from the referencing of that time .
The drastic change in my appearance on KWK is due to lot of factors put together and not just my lips . Everyone goes through good and bad days. Did I think I looked good on the KWK episode ? NO . I do feel I could have done things differently .
To put the current conjectures and reportage straight once and for all from my end - I have said this before and am saying it again .. I do not believe in plastic surgery or any other means of unnatural permanent changes to the body . I do not support it or stand for it or recommend it .
Now if someday my legs appear different and sexy to you ! Please don't say I've done 'Something' ...
Oh ! And also ... Some of the 'joker' jokes/memes doing the rounds though a bit mean did bring a smile to my lips ;)
Goodnight to all
Love and Light
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia