Is Loch Ness Monster Dead? No Sighting Reported in Last One Year
By Parismita Goswami | February 11, 2014 8:38 PM EST
Loch Ness monster, widely known by the nickname 'Nessie' has reportedly not been seen for more than a year now. Scotland's Loch Ness lake, which is about 1000 feet deep and nearly 24 miles long is believed to be home to Nessie. For nearly 90 years until now, this long necked aquatic creature has been sighted in the Loch Ness lake.
Charlie Sheen has flown to Scotland to find the Loch Ness monster.
Gary Campbell from Inverness, United Kingdom who has been keeping a log of Loch Ness monster's sightings for nearly 17 years and the animal's list of sightings that dates back to around 1,500 years, is concerned that some misfortune must have befallen the animal, according to BBC News.
"It's very upsetting news and we don't know where she's gone. So far 1,036 reported sightings have been recorded and there were some in 2012. I'm convinced that Nessie has just taken some time out and will be back with a vengeance this year", BBC quoted Campbell.
In 2013, Loch Ness Monster was listed in "top 18 mysteries" and was ranked ahead of the Himalaya's Yeti. Wanderlust Magazine had ranked Nessie at number 3 and the Yeti at number 12. The animal has been allegedly spotted on various occasions in the past decades.
Apparently, Loch Ness monster's existence was first reported in A.D.565. While it was initially rumored by the Catholic Church to have seen the beast attacking a man in Loch Ness, it was only in 1933 Loch Ness monster achieved international fame, when a story was published in a local newspaper describing the monster and a famous photograph showing strange head and neck of the creature. Since then, Nessie has been attracting worldwide tourists, who came to have a glimpse of monster.
Though there is no clear evidence of the creature's existence, but the news of Nessie's lack of sightings would pose a huge concern in the lives of her fans who believed her existence and that of Inverness Tourism Board.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports