‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Benedict Cumberbach Wants to Keep Going, Sue Vertue Working on Schedules, Another Long Wait for Fans
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 8:29 PM EST
"Sherlock" fans must get used to the game of waiting, as Season 4 looks like is not happening later this year, or early next year. The Season 3 of "Sherlock" premiered after an interlude of two years. The wait for Season 4 might get longer than two years as writers have other writing commitments, while actors, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, are busy with their Hollywood projects.
Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," said in an interview to IGN that he has no clue about when "Sherlock" Season 4 will premiere. He said that Sue Vertue is currently working on the schedules.
"I just started with [Peter Capaldi] on the new series of Doctor Who. You know, we'll do what we can, but with no sacrifice in quality -- that's the thing. If people have to wait two years, they'll have to wait two years. When's the next James Bond film? You know, it's not that kind of show that turns up all the time. It's just not. But the good news is, that probably means it will turn up sporadically for a very, very long while," Moffat said.
It is understandable that quality demands time and it is not possible to come-up with three jaw-dropping story-lines in less than a year's time. "Sherlock" has set such high standards that mediocrity is not an option, at all. The good news is that the actors and writers are committed to doing more seasons of "Sherlock." BBC has yet to officially confirm that "Sherlock" is indeed returning for Season 4. In an interview, Moffat had revealed that he and his co-writer, Mark Gatiss, have plotted out Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock."
Cumberbatch is eager to continue as "Sherlock" for many more seasons. At the TCA Press Tour, the actor had said, as quoted by Vulture, "I'm going to keep going with it [Sherlock]. I play enough other mad people to vary the palate of what I'm scrabbling around in my head as a storyteller ... I love [playing Sherlock]. I find it very invigorating."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date