‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Benedict Cumberbach Wants to Keep Going, Sue Vertue Working on Schedules, Another Long Wait for Fans
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 8:29 PM EST
"Sherlock" fans must get used to the game of waiting, as Season 4 looks like is not happening later this year, or early next year. The Season 3 of "Sherlock" premiered after an interlude of two years. The wait for Season 4 might get longer than two years as writers have other writing commitments, while actors, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, are busy with their Hollywood projects.
Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," said in an interview to IGN that he has no clue about when "Sherlock" Season 4 will premiere. He said that Sue Vertue is currently working on the schedules.
"I just started with [Peter Capaldi] on the new series of Doctor Who. You know, we'll do what we can, but with no sacrifice in quality -- that's the thing. If people have to wait two years, they'll have to wait two years. When's the next James Bond film? You know, it's not that kind of show that turns up all the time. It's just not. But the good news is, that probably means it will turn up sporadically for a very, very long while," Moffat said.
It is understandable that quality demands time and it is not possible to come-up with three jaw-dropping story-lines in less than a year's time. "Sherlock" has set such high standards that mediocrity is not an option, at all. The good news is that the actors and writers are committed to doing more seasons of "Sherlock." BBC has yet to officially confirm that "Sherlock" is indeed returning for Season 4. In an interview, Moffat had revealed that he and his co-writer, Mark Gatiss, have plotted out Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock."
Cumberbatch is eager to continue as "Sherlock" for many more seasons. At the TCA Press Tour, the actor had said, as quoted by Vulture, "I'm going to keep going with it [Sherlock]. I play enough other mad people to vary the palate of what I'm scrabbling around in my head as a storyteller ... I love [playing Sherlock]. I find it very invigorating."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points