‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Benedict Cumberbach Wants to Keep Going, Sue Vertue Working on Schedules, Another Long Wait for Fans
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 8:29 PM EST
"Sherlock" fans must get used to the game of waiting, as Season 4 looks like is not happening later this year, or early next year. The Season 3 of "Sherlock" premiered after an interlude of two years. The wait for Season 4 might get longer than two years as writers have other writing commitments, while actors, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, are busy with their Hollywood projects.
Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," said in an interview to IGN that he has no clue about when "Sherlock" Season 4 will premiere. He said that Sue Vertue is currently working on the schedules.
"I just started with [Peter Capaldi] on the new series of Doctor Who. You know, we'll do what we can, but with no sacrifice in quality -- that's the thing. If people have to wait two years, they'll have to wait two years. When's the next James Bond film? You know, it's not that kind of show that turns up all the time. It's just not. But the good news is, that probably means it will turn up sporadically for a very, very long while," Moffat said.
It is understandable that quality demands time and it is not possible to come-up with three jaw-dropping story-lines in less than a year's time. "Sherlock" has set such high standards that mediocrity is not an option, at all. The good news is that the actors and writers are committed to doing more seasons of "Sherlock." BBC has yet to officially confirm that "Sherlock" is indeed returning for Season 4. In an interview, Moffat had revealed that he and his co-writer, Mark Gatiss, have plotted out Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock."
Cumberbatch is eager to continue as "Sherlock" for many more seasons. At the TCA Press Tour, the actor had said, as quoted by Vulture, "I'm going to keep going with it [Sherlock]. I play enough other mad people to vary the palate of what I'm scrabbling around in my head as a storyteller ... I love [playing Sherlock]. I find it very invigorating."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown