‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Benedict Cumberbach Wants to Keep Going, Sue Vertue Working on Schedules, Another Long Wait for Fans
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 8:29 PM EST
"Sherlock" fans must get used to the game of waiting, as Season 4 looks like is not happening later this year, or early next year. The Season 3 of "Sherlock" premiered after an interlude of two years. The wait for Season 4 might get longer than two years as writers have other writing commitments, while actors, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, are busy with their Hollywood projects.
Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," said in an interview to IGN that he has no clue about when "Sherlock" Season 4 will premiere. He said that Sue Vertue is currently working on the schedules.
"I just started with [Peter Capaldi] on the new series of Doctor Who. You know, we'll do what we can, but with no sacrifice in quality -- that's the thing. If people have to wait two years, they'll have to wait two years. When's the next James Bond film? You know, it's not that kind of show that turns up all the time. It's just not. But the good news is, that probably means it will turn up sporadically for a very, very long while," Moffat said.
It is understandable that quality demands time and it is not possible to come-up with three jaw-dropping story-lines in less than a year's time. "Sherlock" has set such high standards that mediocrity is not an option, at all. The good news is that the actors and writers are committed to doing more seasons of "Sherlock." BBC has yet to officially confirm that "Sherlock" is indeed returning for Season 4. In an interview, Moffat had revealed that he and his co-writer, Mark Gatiss, have plotted out Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock."
Cumberbatch is eager to continue as "Sherlock" for many more seasons. At the TCA Press Tour, the actor had said, as quoted by Vulture, "I'm going to keep going with it [Sherlock]. I play enough other mad people to vary the palate of what I'm scrabbling around in my head as a storyteller ... I love [playing Sherlock]. I find it very invigorating."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier