‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Benedict Cumberbach Wants to Keep Going, Sue Vertue Working on Schedules, Another Long Wait for Fans
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 8:29 PM EST
"Sherlock" fans must get used to the game of waiting, as Season 4 looks like is not happening later this year, or early next year. The Season 3 of "Sherlock" premiered after an interlude of two years. The wait for Season 4 might get longer than two years as writers have other writing commitments, while actors, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, are busy with their Hollywood projects.
Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," said in an interview to IGN that he has no clue about when "Sherlock" Season 4 will premiere. He said that Sue Vertue is currently working on the schedules.
"I just started with [Peter Capaldi] on the new series of Doctor Who. You know, we'll do what we can, but with no sacrifice in quality -- that's the thing. If people have to wait two years, they'll have to wait two years. When's the next James Bond film? You know, it's not that kind of show that turns up all the time. It's just not. But the good news is, that probably means it will turn up sporadically for a very, very long while," Moffat said.
It is understandable that quality demands time and it is not possible to come-up with three jaw-dropping story-lines in less than a year's time. "Sherlock" has set such high standards that mediocrity is not an option, at all. The good news is that the actors and writers are committed to doing more seasons of "Sherlock." BBC has yet to officially confirm that "Sherlock" is indeed returning for Season 4. In an interview, Moffat had revealed that he and his co-writer, Mark Gatiss, have plotted out Season 4 and Season 5 of "Sherlock."
Cumberbatch is eager to continue as "Sherlock" for many more seasons. At the TCA Press Tour, the actor had said, as quoted by Vulture, "I'm going to keep going with it [Sherlock]. I play enough other mad people to vary the palate of what I'm scrabbling around in my head as a storyteller ... I love [playing Sherlock]. I find it very invigorating."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report