Single this Valentine’s Day? Here’s What You Can Do
By Keerthi Mohan | February 11, 2014 8:19 PM EST
While couples are gearing up to celebrate Valentine's Day on Friday, singles, or those who are not involved in a romantic relationship, are getting set for Singles Awareness Day or SAD.
SAD is also celebrated on Feb. 14, and unlike the day of love, SAD celebrates being single.
So, here are a few guidelines on how to make this day a joyous occasion and one you would want to celebrate.
Do not sulk at home: Staying at home lamenting the fact that you don't have a date is not going to help matters much. While your friends who are in relationships are out enjoying candlelight dinners at expensive restaurants, you can head out and do something fun this Friday. Or, invite your single friends over to your place and host a party.
Hang out with friends: Being with your friends is a great way to enjoy the day of love. Celebrate friendship instead of romance. Some of your friends might also not have that someone special in their lives, so go out for a movie, or set up a dinner date with them. Valentine's Day is not just about romantic love.
Take charge of your life: It is not always a good idea to set up a first date on Valentine's Day, but if you like someone, and ready for a relationship, then do not hesitate. This is the right time to act.
Treat Yourself: Pamper yourself at a spa or with a relaxing bubble bath. If you are staying in, do not toil in the kitchen. Instead, order your favorite food and enjoy the pleasure of your own company.
Enjoy being single: Always remember that the relationship you are in does not define the person you are.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery