Single this Valentine’s Day? Here’s What You Can Do
By Keerthi Mohan | February 11, 2014 8:19 PM EST
While couples are gearing up to celebrate Valentine's Day on Friday, singles, or those who are not involved in a romantic relationship, are getting set for Singles Awareness Day or SAD.
SAD is also celebrated on Feb. 14, and unlike the day of love, SAD celebrates being single.
So, here are a few guidelines on how to make this day a joyous occasion and one you would want to celebrate.
Do not sulk at home: Staying at home lamenting the fact that you don't have a date is not going to help matters much. While your friends who are in relationships are out enjoying candlelight dinners at expensive restaurants, you can head out and do something fun this Friday. Or, invite your single friends over to your place and host a party.
Hang out with friends: Being with your friends is a great way to enjoy the day of love. Celebrate friendship instead of romance. Some of your friends might also not have that someone special in their lives, so go out for a movie, or set up a dinner date with them. Valentine's Day is not just about romantic love.
Take charge of your life: It is not always a good idea to set up a first date on Valentine's Day, but if you like someone, and ready for a relationship, then do not hesitate. This is the right time to act.
Treat Yourself: Pamper yourself at a spa or with a relaxing bubble bath. If you are staying in, do not toil in the kitchen. Instead, order your favorite food and enjoy the pleasure of your own company.
Enjoy being single: Always remember that the relationship you are in does not define the person you are.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]