Single this Valentine’s Day? Here’s What You Can Do
By Keerthi Mohan | February 11, 2014 8:19 PM EST
While couples are gearing up to celebrate Valentine's Day on Friday, singles, or those who are not involved in a romantic relationship, are getting set for Singles Awareness Day or SAD.
SAD is also celebrated on Feb. 14, and unlike the day of love, SAD celebrates being single.
So, here are a few guidelines on how to make this day a joyous occasion and one you would want to celebrate.
Do not sulk at home: Staying at home lamenting the fact that you don't have a date is not going to help matters much. While your friends who are in relationships are out enjoying candlelight dinners at expensive restaurants, you can head out and do something fun this Friday. Or, invite your single friends over to your place and host a party.
Hang out with friends: Being with your friends is a great way to enjoy the day of love. Celebrate friendship instead of romance. Some of your friends might also not have that someone special in their lives, so go out for a movie, or set up a dinner date with them. Valentine's Day is not just about romantic love.
Take charge of your life: It is not always a good idea to set up a first date on Valentine's Day, but if you like someone, and ready for a relationship, then do not hesitate. This is the right time to act.
Treat Yourself: Pamper yourself at a spa or with a relaxing bubble bath. If you are staying in, do not toil in the kitchen. Instead, order your favorite food and enjoy the pleasure of your own company.
Enjoy being single: Always remember that the relationship you are in does not define the person you are.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report