Single this Valentine’s Day? Here’s What You Can Do
By Keerthi Mohan | February 11, 2014 8:19 PM EST
While couples are gearing up to celebrate Valentine's Day on Friday, singles, or those who are not involved in a romantic relationship, are getting set for Singles Awareness Day or SAD.
SAD is also celebrated on Feb. 14, and unlike the day of love, SAD celebrates being single.
So, here are a few guidelines on how to make this day a joyous occasion and one you would want to celebrate.
Do not sulk at home: Staying at home lamenting the fact that you don't have a date is not going to help matters much. While your friends who are in relationships are out enjoying candlelight dinners at expensive restaurants, you can head out and do something fun this Friday. Or, invite your single friends over to your place and host a party.
Hang out with friends: Being with your friends is a great way to enjoy the day of love. Celebrate friendship instead of romance. Some of your friends might also not have that someone special in their lives, so go out for a movie, or set up a dinner date with them. Valentine's Day is not just about romantic love.
Take charge of your life: It is not always a good idea to set up a first date on Valentine's Day, but if you like someone, and ready for a relationship, then do not hesitate. This is the right time to act.
Treat Yourself: Pamper yourself at a spa or with a relaxing bubble bath. If you are staying in, do not toil in the kitchen. Instead, order your favorite food and enjoy the pleasure of your own company.
Enjoy being single: Always remember that the relationship you are in does not define the person you are.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon