Paul Walker Death Hoax Alert: Threatening Malware in 'Fast And Furious' Actor Name Hacking Email Accounts
By Sonalee singh | February 11, 2014 7:46 PM EST
Paul Walker's death has been marred by another controversy. The new reports suggest that Walker's name is being used in a malware, which has hit email accounts of users of worldwide. The bug comes in a form a mail and asks the users for assistance in finding a Dodge Viper GT, which was reportedly racing with Paul's Porsche GT Carrera on the day of his death.
According to ITportal.com, the bug infested email asks that if anyone has any information regarding the driver if Viper GT's driver, please call on the number given in the email. The email further states that the person who gives any information regarding the Viper GT will be compensated or awarded.
Reportedly, this digital spam is of alarming nature as it is tailored to attack specific systems and even subject lines and body text of the email keeps on changing so that it passes through all the spam and malware filters.
The emails are sourced from hacked or compromised aol.com accounts and are being sent to all the contacts in the address book and inboxes of hacked accounts.
ITportal stated security firm Symantec that, "Once the malicious file has been executed an error notification is sent indicating that a 32-bit or 64-bit computer is needed to run the file."
The error may also tell the user that they don't have the permission to run the file. Still the malware keeps on working and Trojan does a DNS query return and thus your system is hacked.
Paul Walker's fans are really upset that such malwares and viruses are being used in his name. Paul Walker's death was a tragic incident and it has left his family and friends in shock. Paul Walker and his fellow business partner Rogar Rodas died in a car crash in Los Angeles. The duo was driving a Posrche Carrera GT, which burst into flames after hitting an electric pole.
For those who want to stay safe from this spam here are few things to keep in mind:
Never open mails from unsolicited sources
Always clean your inbox and spam mailbox from time to time
Don't believe in mails which asks for pleas and donation are they are a hoax.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims