Paul Walker Death Hoax Alert: Threatening Malware in 'Fast And Furious' Actor Name Hacking Email Accounts
By Sonalee singh | February 11, 2014 7:46 PM EST
Paul Walker's death has been marred by another controversy. The new reports suggest that Walker's name is being used in a malware, which has hit email accounts of users of worldwide. The bug comes in a form a mail and asks the users for assistance in finding a Dodge Viper GT, which was reportedly racing with Paul's Porsche GT Carrera on the day of his death.
According to ITportal.com, the bug infested email asks that if anyone has any information regarding the driver if Viper GT's driver, please call on the number given in the email. The email further states that the person who gives any information regarding the Viper GT will be compensated or awarded.
Reportedly, this digital spam is of alarming nature as it is tailored to attack specific systems and even subject lines and body text of the email keeps on changing so that it passes through all the spam and malware filters.
The emails are sourced from hacked or compromised aol.com accounts and are being sent to all the contacts in the address book and inboxes of hacked accounts.
ITportal stated security firm Symantec that, "Once the malicious file has been executed an error notification is sent indicating that a 32-bit or 64-bit computer is needed to run the file."
The error may also tell the user that they don't have the permission to run the file. Still the malware keeps on working and Trojan does a DNS query return and thus your system is hacked.
Paul Walker's fans are really upset that such malwares and viruses are being used in his name. Paul Walker's death was a tragic incident and it has left his family and friends in shock. Paul Walker and his fellow business partner Rogar Rodas died in a car crash in Los Angeles. The duo was driving a Posrche Carrera GT, which burst into flames after hitting an electric pole.
For those who want to stay safe from this spam here are few things to keep in mind:
Never open mails from unsolicited sources
Always clean your inbox and spam mailbox from time to time
Don't believe in mails which asks for pleas and donation are they are a hoax.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine