Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Showcases Swift Volt, Features Revealed
By greeshma m | February 11, 2014 7:35 PM EST
A wide variety of customised vehicles have joined the pavilion of Maruti Suzuki India at the ongoing Auto Expo 2014 in Delhi. But the one vehicle that might have struck a chord with many auto lovers is the Maruti Suzuki Swift Volt.
Maruti Swift Gets Price Cut
The Swift Volt is not a hybrid vehicle as it name suggests. It is in fact the regular Swift with new sporty look. The car comes in three colour paint jobs - white, black and red. However, the company did not divulge the specification of the modified Swift.
The car looks aggressive in its styling and features and accommodates smoked headlamp and a new bumper with white-black dual paint job. Other features include 15 spoke alloy-wheels, new smoked taillights and a new spoiler.
Though the engine specifications of the car is yet to be revealed, a Rulshane report suggests that the new Swift Volt is likely to be offered in both petrol and diesel engines-1.2l petrol or 1.3l diesel engine. There are also rumours that the company will introduce the new Swift in just petrol.
Maruti will launch the car in the auto market after analysing the demand and response from the auto aficionados in the country. If reports are to be believed, Maruti 's restyled Swift Volt and Alto K10 Krescendo are likley to make its market debut soon.
Other cars that were on display at Maruti's porch include WagonR XREST, Gypsy Escapade, Grand Vitara Luxion, EECO PikNik, DZire Opula, Alto 800 Browzer and SX4 Sport.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6