Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Showcases Swift Volt, Features Revealed
By greeshma m | February 11, 2014 7:35 PM EST
A wide variety of customised vehicles have joined the pavilion of Maruti Suzuki India at the ongoing Auto Expo 2014 in Delhi. But the one vehicle that might have struck a chord with many auto lovers is the Maruti Suzuki Swift Volt.
Maruti Swift Gets Price Cut
The Swift Volt is not a hybrid vehicle as it name suggests. It is in fact the regular Swift with new sporty look. The car comes in three colour paint jobs - white, black and red. However, the company did not divulge the specification of the modified Swift.
The car looks aggressive in its styling and features and accommodates smoked headlamp and a new bumper with white-black dual paint job. Other features include 15 spoke alloy-wheels, new smoked taillights and a new spoiler.
Though the engine specifications of the car is yet to be revealed, a Rulshane report suggests that the new Swift Volt is likely to be offered in both petrol and diesel engines-1.2l petrol or 1.3l diesel engine. There are also rumours that the company will introduce the new Swift in just petrol.
Maruti will launch the car in the auto market after analysing the demand and response from the auto aficionados in the country. If reports are to be believed, Maruti 's restyled Swift Volt and Alto K10 Krescendo are likley to make its market debut soon.
Other cars that were on display at Maruti's porch include WagonR XREST, Gypsy Escapade, Grand Vitara Luxion, EECO PikNik, DZire Opula, Alto 800 Browzer and SX4 Sport.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date