Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Showcases Swift Volt, Features Revealed
By greeshma m | February 11, 2014 7:35 PM EST
A wide variety of customised vehicles have joined the pavilion of Maruti Suzuki India at the ongoing Auto Expo 2014 in Delhi. But the one vehicle that might have struck a chord with many auto lovers is the Maruti Suzuki Swift Volt.
Maruti Swift Gets Price Cut
The Swift Volt is not a hybrid vehicle as it name suggests. It is in fact the regular Swift with new sporty look. The car comes in three colour paint jobs - white, black and red. However, the company did not divulge the specification of the modified Swift.
The car looks aggressive in its styling and features and accommodates smoked headlamp and a new bumper with white-black dual paint job. Other features include 15 spoke alloy-wheels, new smoked taillights and a new spoiler.
Though the engine specifications of the car is yet to be revealed, a Rulshane report suggests that the new Swift Volt is likely to be offered in both petrol and diesel engines-1.2l petrol or 1.3l diesel engine. There are also rumours that the company will introduce the new Swift in just petrol.
Maruti will launch the car in the auto market after analysing the demand and response from the auto aficionados in the country. If reports are to be believed, Maruti 's restyled Swift Volt and Alto K10 Krescendo are likley to make its market debut soon.
Other cars that were on display at Maruti's porch include WagonR XREST, Gypsy Escapade, Grand Vitara Luxion, EECO PikNik, DZire Opula, Alto 800 Browzer and SX4 Sport.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display