Auto Expo 2014: Maruti Suzuki Showcases Swift Volt, Features Revealed
By greeshma m | February 11, 2014 7:35 PM EST
A wide variety of customised vehicles have joined the pavilion of Maruti Suzuki India at the ongoing Auto Expo 2014 in Delhi. But the one vehicle that might have struck a chord with many auto lovers is the Maruti Suzuki Swift Volt.
Maruti Swift Gets Price Cut
The Swift Volt is not a hybrid vehicle as it name suggests. It is in fact the regular Swift with new sporty look. The car comes in three colour paint jobs - white, black and red. However, the company did not divulge the specification of the modified Swift.
The car looks aggressive in its styling and features and accommodates smoked headlamp and a new bumper with white-black dual paint job. Other features include 15 spoke alloy-wheels, new smoked taillights and a new spoiler.
Though the engine specifications of the car is yet to be revealed, a Rulshane report suggests that the new Swift Volt is likely to be offered in both petrol and diesel engines-1.2l petrol or 1.3l diesel engine. There are also rumours that the company will introduce the new Swift in just petrol.
Maruti will launch the car in the auto market after analysing the demand and response from the auto aficionados in the country. If reports are to be believed, Maruti 's restyled Swift Volt and Alto K10 Krescendo are likley to make its market debut soon.
Other cars that were on display at Maruti's porch include WagonR XREST, Gypsy Escapade, Grand Vitara Luxion, EECO PikNik, DZire Opula, Alto 800 Browzer and SX4 Sport.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air