Kejriwal to File Cases Against RIL Chairman over Gas Price
February 11, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Tuesday he has asked for legal cases to be filed against Reliance IndustriesChairman Mukesh Ambani and policymakers over pricing of gas produced from the D6 block in the east coast.
Arvind Kejriwal (R)
"Today we have instructed the anti-corruption branch to file a criminal case against Murli Deora, FIRs against Veerappa Moily, V.K. Sibal, the (then) director general of hydrocarbons, Reliance Industries Ltd Chairman Mukesh Ambani and others," Kejriwal told a press conference.
Reliance had initially agreed to supply gas to utility NTPC Ltd (NTPC.NS) at about $2.3 per million British thermal units (mBtu) for about 17 years, Kejriwal said.
But price of gas from the D6 block was fixed at $4.2 per mBtu when Deora was oil minister.
Last year, after Moily took over as oil minister, the central government agreed to link prices with global indexes, which could double the local gas prices from April 1 this year.
Kejriwal said he would ask the central government to suspend the latest order on gas pricing pending an inquiry.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen