HTC to Debut Google Nexus 10 2 Tablet PC in 2014: Report
By Rohit KVN | February 11, 2014 6:23 PM EST
Taiwanese smartphone maker, HTC has reportedly joined hands with the search engine giant, Google to build the new Nexus 10 tablet.
A user checking out a tablet
In 2010, Taiwanese smartphone maker, HTC had launched Google Nexus One, the first of the Nexus handsets in to the market. Despite getting pretty good response from critics and fans, both the companies hadn't renewed their partnership until now.
Taiwanese media house, DigiTimes citing industry sources has claimed that HTC and Google have once again teamed to launch the second generation Nexus 10 tablet later this year.
Though DigiTimes' track record has some inconsistencies in predicting the devices, there is still a possibility of the report coming true, as HTC is already reeling under financial constraints and is looking for an opportunity to turn around its current predicament. HTC CFO (Chief Financial Officer), Chialin Chang recently confided that the company in 2013 missed out a big chunk of the mid-tier markets by concentrating more on its flagship models and plans to introduce mid-range handsets in 2014. So it won't be a surprise if HTC makes fresh start in the tablet business with competitively priced feature-rich Nexus 10 2 later this year.
HTC had previously launched two tablets Flyer (7.0-inch model) and Jetstream (10.0-inch model) in 2011, but were soon discontinued owing to lack luster response from the market. The company even rejected Google's offer to co-develop Nexus 7 (it eventually went to its local counterpart AsusTek) in 2012, reported the website. Now, the Taiwanese firm has chance to redeem its fortune by renewing friendship with Google this year.
Even though the Nexus 10 2 speculation has gone viral in the media, neither Google nor HTC representatives have come forward to clear the air over the report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists