HTC to Debut Google Nexus 10 2 Tablet PC in 2014: Report
By Rohit KVN | February 11, 2014 6:23 PM EST
Taiwanese smartphone maker, HTC has reportedly joined hands with the search engine giant, Google to build the new Nexus 10 tablet.
A user checking out a tablet
In 2010, Taiwanese smartphone maker, HTC had launched Google Nexus One, the first of the Nexus handsets in to the market. Despite getting pretty good response from critics and fans, both the companies hadn't renewed their partnership until now.
Taiwanese media house, DigiTimes citing industry sources has claimed that HTC and Google have once again teamed to launch the second generation Nexus 10 tablet later this year.
Though DigiTimes' track record has some inconsistencies in predicting the devices, there is still a possibility of the report coming true, as HTC is already reeling under financial constraints and is looking for an opportunity to turn around its current predicament. HTC CFO (Chief Financial Officer), Chialin Chang recently confided that the company in 2013 missed out a big chunk of the mid-tier markets by concentrating more on its flagship models and plans to introduce mid-range handsets in 2014. So it won't be a surprise if HTC makes fresh start in the tablet business with competitively priced feature-rich Nexus 10 2 later this year.
HTC had previously launched two tablets Flyer (7.0-inch model) and Jetstream (10.0-inch model) in 2011, but were soon discontinued owing to lack luster response from the market. The company even rejected Google's offer to co-develop Nexus 7 (it eventually went to its local counterpart AsusTek) in 2012, reported the website. Now, the Taiwanese firm has chance to redeem its fortune by renewing friendship with Google this year.
Even though the Nexus 10 2 speculation has gone viral in the media, neither Google nor HTC representatives have come forward to clear the air over the report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments