Google Nexus 10 Release Date Delayed as Nexus 8 Launch Set in April
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 11, 2014 6:18 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date will not happen soon as the tablet's smaller brother, the Nexus 8, will be released in April.
Unnamed sources from the Sian supply chain of Google leaked out that the company will release an 8-inch tablet coined as Nexus 8 in April and will initially sell 2 million units of the device. The screen size will be a complement between Google's 7-inch and 10-inch tablets.
Google 'Nexus 8' tablet appears on Android website.
It is still unconfirmed as to which company will help Google in making the 8-inch tablet. ASUS helped the search engine giant in making the Nexus 7. It also seemed that ASUS will be in charged in manufacturing the tablet. However, other possible candidates are LG and HTC.
The sudden shift to 8-inch tablet is still unknown as it seemed that it does not make any sense to slightly increase the size of the screen display. However, one of the probable reasons is the poor sales of Nexus 7 despite its low price tag, excellent specs and positive reviews.
There are lots of 7-inch tablets in the market and Google wants to offer a better alternative with Nexus 8. The Nexus 7 faces a stiff competitor from Apple. The new iPad Mini with retina display offers a slightly bigger screen display and has become very popular among consumers.
There are talks that the Nexus 8 tablet will also replace the missing successor of Nexus 10 although Google is still tight-lipped on its roadmap and details for the rest of the year as well as the devices it will release. There are very few details on Google Nexus 8. However, reports said that the device will pack a chipset from Intel or Qualcomm.
The Nexus 8 is also rumoured to include features such as 8-inch LCD screen display with 1,200 x 1,920 pixel resolution. The device will be powered by quad core Snapdragon 600 CPU clocked at 1.7 GHz. It will also pack an Adreno 320 graphics chip and 3MP back camera and 2MP front cam. It will run with the latest Android 4.4 KitKat. Price starts at $199 for the 8 GB variant.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family