PS4 vs. Xbox One: PS4’s New Bug Involves Friends List; Xbox One Update May Bring Improved Performance
By Gel Galang | February 11, 2014 6:05 PM EST
Just recently, a new bug in the PS4 has been spotted that automatically deletes games and files without leaving notifications, which can cause panic for some gamers.
Now, the string of bugs is continuing, as a new bug is supposedly messing with the Friends List on the PS4. What's disappointing here is that the bug may have been caused by the latest firmware update from Sony.
Now Gamer has spotted the complaints over at Reddit, where users are reporting that their friends list is being affected by the firmware 1.6. In particular, the PS4 friends list is not displaying the correct information.
*There's more to expect in Titanfall once it's released: Check out the two additions worth waiting for.
There's also a mismatch of information, wherein the PS4 displays a player as online when he is not. Inversely, this does not seem to allow you to display the online status correctly. According to the source, the forum users have attributed the PS4 bugs to the firmware 1.6.
You'll need to manually download the Xbox One's update
The Xbox One is finally getting an update, but it seems that you would have to download it manually to get started.
Kotaku reports that an automatic download is still possible, but it's not assured to work, so it would be better if you manually accept the Xbox One update.
*Call of Duty: Ghosts online players now have to follow a code of conduct: Check out the list of offenses and the punishments that you can incur.
The February 11 download, which has been much-awaited as it is supposed to fill in the gaps that have been with the Xbox One since its launch late last year. TIME lists down a few of the features that will come with the update.
The first would be the ability to monitor and manage the storage space left in your Xbox One. It was one of the bigger problems that gamers had to contend with, considering that the notification for full storage space only appears when you are already running low, meaning you'd have to be prepared to suddenly erase something in the event of low storage and high influx of cool games.
*This is the reason why the iOS 8 may be worth the update: Health and wellness is on the way.
According to the report, this new features will instantly give you how much space a content takes up in the Xbox One so that you can better manage it instead of a blind guessing game of deleting files. Along with this is the capability of controlling the install lineup when you're downloading. The queues for My Games and My Apps will now be separated for a smoother flow.
Also, the battery power indicator will make a comeback so you can track the battery left for your controller. The update will also allow you to use the USB keyboard with the Xbox One.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More