Gaming News: Next Call of Duty Going to Next-gen, No Patch for Batman: Arkham Origins, DLC and New Game to Come?
By Gel Galang | February 11, 2014 6:00 PM EST
After all the teasers that the developer has hinted on for Batman: Arkham Origins DLC, it seems that this will be a pretty big expansion, since the team is hard at work on it to deal with other things like the bugs in the game.
"The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been repeated on the forums," said a representative from Warner Bros. Montreal to VG 24/7.
The spokesperson added that, in the event of a new patch, then it will most likely be for more major bugs, not the minor glitches that don't hinder the game progression.
Moving on to the other developer of the Batman: Arkham series, Rocksteady, ComicBookMovie.com has spotted a few more hints that may point to a new Batman game.
*Looking for nice jobs to do over at GTA Online? Here are a couple more that have been Rockstar-verified by the developer: See the list here.
In the report, a tweet by Kevin Conroy, who voices Batman in the Batman: Arkham series, seemed to have pretty much said that there is a game without confirming anything. When asked by a fan when the next Batman is coming out and what the title would be, he replied, "Not allowed to revealed anything, sorry. K."
True, there's no confirmation there, but no denial of a new Batman: Arkham game either. And the fact that Conroy is not allowed to talk about it can mean that there is something in production.
It was also confirmed last 2013, again by Conroy, that he is in a new Arkham game that's not Batman: Arkham Origins, though there has yet to be any confirmation about this from the developer.
Call of Duty: Three studios, next-gen debut?
Given the fanbase of Call of Duty, and the fact that it pretty much releases on an annual basis, it seems that the COD franchise will continue to live on. And it seems that it really will, since the game will become a three-studio franchise.
*In entertainment: Check out the milestone episode for Criminal Minds, which sees the return of two character mainstays from previous seasons: Read here for more.
"Sledgehammer is approaching this as a next-gen-first development. Obviously in the console-transition year, anyone who developed a cross-generational game last year had to deal with the fact that the technology of the next-gen platforms was still coming into focus and changing quite a bit during the development process," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO for Activision Publishing in a statement quoted by IGN.
It seems that Sledgehammer will play a big part in the development of the next-gen for the COD franchise. The inclusion of Sledgehammer will now create the game on a three-year rotationbasis with Treyarch and Infinity Ward.
Perhaps this is a chance for the developers to seek out more creative ways to not only do what they want, but also take advantage of the new technology to introduce a new perspective to the game.
*Check out the latest snapshot that has been released by Mojang for Minecraft: Read the details here.
For those who have not yet moved on from their PS3 and Xbox 360, this won't be a problem either, since there will still be versions for these platforms.
As for Sledgehammer developing 2014's Call of Duty game, Digital Trends reports that the studio is relatively new, but has had a hand in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. For now, no details yet have been reported of Sledgehammer's plans for the upcoming Call of Duty, but with the upcoming gaming events, hopefully, a few bread crumbs will be given away.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation