Gaming News: Next Call of Duty Going to Next-gen, No Patch for Batman: Arkham Origins, DLC and New Game to Come?
By Gel Galang | February 11, 2014 6:00 PM EST
After all the teasers that the developer has hinted on for Batman: Arkham Origins DLC, it seems that this will be a pretty big expansion, since the team is hard at work on it to deal with other things like the bugs in the game.
"The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been repeated on the forums," said a representative from Warner Bros. Montreal to VG 24/7.
The spokesperson added that, in the event of a new patch, then it will most likely be for more major bugs, not the minor glitches that don't hinder the game progression.
Moving on to the other developer of the Batman: Arkham series, Rocksteady, ComicBookMovie.com has spotted a few more hints that may point to a new Batman game.
*Looking for nice jobs to do over at GTA Online? Here are a couple more that have been Rockstar-verified by the developer: See the list here.
In the report, a tweet by Kevin Conroy, who voices Batman in the Batman: Arkham series, seemed to have pretty much said that there is a game without confirming anything. When asked by a fan when the next Batman is coming out and what the title would be, he replied, "Not allowed to revealed anything, sorry. K."
True, there's no confirmation there, but no denial of a new Batman: Arkham game either. And the fact that Conroy is not allowed to talk about it can mean that there is something in production.
It was also confirmed last 2013, again by Conroy, that he is in a new Arkham game that's not Batman: Arkham Origins, though there has yet to be any confirmation about this from the developer.
Call of Duty: Three studios, next-gen debut?
Given the fanbase of Call of Duty, and the fact that it pretty much releases on an annual basis, it seems that the COD franchise will continue to live on. And it seems that it really will, since the game will become a three-studio franchise.
*In entertainment: Check out the milestone episode for Criminal Minds, which sees the return of two character mainstays from previous seasons: Read here for more.
"Sledgehammer is approaching this as a next-gen-first development. Obviously in the console-transition year, anyone who developed a cross-generational game last year had to deal with the fact that the technology of the next-gen platforms was still coming into focus and changing quite a bit during the development process," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO for Activision Publishing in a statement quoted by IGN.
It seems that Sledgehammer will play a big part in the development of the next-gen for the COD franchise. The inclusion of Sledgehammer will now create the game on a three-year rotationbasis with Treyarch and Infinity Ward.
Perhaps this is a chance for the developers to seek out more creative ways to not only do what they want, but also take advantage of the new technology to introduce a new perspective to the game.
*Check out the latest snapshot that has been released by Mojang for Minecraft: Read the details here.
For those who have not yet moved on from their PS3 and Xbox 360, this won't be a problem either, since there will still be versions for these platforms.
As for Sledgehammer developing 2014's Call of Duty game, Digital Trends reports that the studio is relatively new, but has had a hand in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. For now, no details yet have been reported of Sledgehammer's plans for the upcoming Call of Duty, but with the upcoming gaming events, hopefully, a few bread crumbs will be given away.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase