Gaming News: Next Call of Duty Going to Next-gen, No Patch for Batman: Arkham Origins, DLC and New Game to Come?
By Gel Galang | February 11, 2014 6:00 PM EST
After all the teasers that the developer has hinted on for Batman: Arkham Origins DLC, it seems that this will be a pretty big expansion, since the team is hard at work on it to deal with other things like the bugs in the game.
"The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch to address the issues that have been repeated on the forums," said a representative from Warner Bros. Montreal to VG 24/7.
The spokesperson added that, in the event of a new patch, then it will most likely be for more major bugs, not the minor glitches that don't hinder the game progression.
Moving on to the other developer of the Batman: Arkham series, Rocksteady, ComicBookMovie.com has spotted a few more hints that may point to a new Batman game.
*Looking for nice jobs to do over at GTA Online? Here are a couple more that have been Rockstar-verified by the developer: See the list here.
In the report, a tweet by Kevin Conroy, who voices Batman in the Batman: Arkham series, seemed to have pretty much said that there is a game without confirming anything. When asked by a fan when the next Batman is coming out and what the title would be, he replied, "Not allowed to revealed anything, sorry. K."
True, there's no confirmation there, but no denial of a new Batman: Arkham game either. And the fact that Conroy is not allowed to talk about it can mean that there is something in production.
It was also confirmed last 2013, again by Conroy, that he is in a new Arkham game that's not Batman: Arkham Origins, though there has yet to be any confirmation about this from the developer.
Call of Duty: Three studios, next-gen debut?
Given the fanbase of Call of Duty, and the fact that it pretty much releases on an annual basis, it seems that the COD franchise will continue to live on. And it seems that it really will, since the game will become a three-studio franchise.
*In entertainment: Check out the milestone episode for Criminal Minds, which sees the return of two character mainstays from previous seasons: Read here for more.
"Sledgehammer is approaching this as a next-gen-first development. Obviously in the console-transition year, anyone who developed a cross-generational game last year had to deal with the fact that the technology of the next-gen platforms was still coming into focus and changing quite a bit during the development process," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO for Activision Publishing in a statement quoted by IGN.
It seems that Sledgehammer will play a big part in the development of the next-gen for the COD franchise. The inclusion of Sledgehammer will now create the game on a three-year rotationbasis with Treyarch and Infinity Ward.
Perhaps this is a chance for the developers to seek out more creative ways to not only do what they want, but also take advantage of the new technology to introduce a new perspective to the game.
*Check out the latest snapshot that has been released by Mojang for Minecraft: Read the details here.
For those who have not yet moved on from their PS3 and Xbox 360, this won't be a problem either, since there will still be versions for these platforms.
As for Sledgehammer developing 2014's Call of Duty game, Digital Trends reports that the studio is relatively new, but has had a hand in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. For now, no details yet have been reported of Sledgehammer's plans for the upcoming Call of Duty, but with the upcoming gaming events, hopefully, a few bread crumbs will be given away.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage