‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 7: Episode 16 on Hold, Jim Parsons, Mayim Bialik Talk Shamy’s Big Kiss Moment
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 5:49 PM EST
It is break time once again for CBS' hugely popular comedy. The episode 16 of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7 is scheduled to air on February 27, 2014. This stoppage of telecast might be because of the ongoing 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, which is scheduled to end on February 23, 2014. As a result of this break, CBS has not released a promo or a brief synopsis of Episode 16.
This news is likely to disappointment the fans of "The Big Bang Theory," especially after Sheldon and Amy's big kiss moment in Episode 15, "The Locomotive Manipulation." The Valentine Day centric episode gave Sheldon and Amy's fans one of the most unexpected moments, a lip-lock between the most unusual couple. The kiss was not part of Shamy's [Sheldon + Amy] relationship document, and Sheldon initiated the kiss out of anger, but when the lips parted, both Sheldon and Amy looked affected by the kiss -- they enjoyed it. Sheldon's reaction after the kiss was that of man who did not find anything gross about a lip-lock, and there was a marked change in his composure.
Talking about the kiss, Jim Parsons said to CBS, as quoted by Hypable, "When the relationship agreement was laid out, there were no parameters for a kiss." The actor said that the kiss "came out of anger" but "the viewers, as well as me, were left to assume that he enjoyed it once he got there."
"Unexpectedly, unpremeditated, but once those lips landed together, he was like, 'This is not bad,'" said Parsons.
Mayim Bialik has written a post about the Valentine Day's episode. In her post published on Kveller, the actress writes, "Actor Mayim representing Fictional Character Amy in such a physical way with this kiss is as touching to me as it is to you."
Will Amy and Sheldon's romance continue in the next episode? It looks highly unlikely, as Mayim says: "Our executive producers, Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady, and Steve Molaro, tend to not feel the need to hammer emotional points home on a weekly basis; we often pick up stories and leave them off again to pick up as desired."
Patience is the key here. Fans will have to wait to see Amy and Sheldon's romantic progress as a couple. "I guess we will all have to wait and see what the next weeks and months hold for Amy and Sheldon," writes Mayim.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots