‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 7: Episode 16 on Hold, Jim Parsons, Mayim Bialik Talk Shamy’s Big Kiss Moment
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 5:49 PM EST
It is break time once again for CBS' hugely popular comedy. The episode 16 of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7 is scheduled to air on February 27, 2014. This stoppage of telecast might be because of the ongoing 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, which is scheduled to end on February 23, 2014. As a result of this break, CBS has not released a promo or a brief synopsis of Episode 16.
This news is likely to disappointment the fans of "The Big Bang Theory," especially after Sheldon and Amy's big kiss moment in Episode 15, "The Locomotive Manipulation." The Valentine Day centric episode gave Sheldon and Amy's fans one of the most unexpected moments, a lip-lock between the most unusual couple. The kiss was not part of Shamy's [Sheldon + Amy] relationship document, and Sheldon initiated the kiss out of anger, but when the lips parted, both Sheldon and Amy looked affected by the kiss -- they enjoyed it. Sheldon's reaction after the kiss was that of man who did not find anything gross about a lip-lock, and there was a marked change in his composure.
Talking about the kiss, Jim Parsons said to CBS, as quoted by Hypable, "When the relationship agreement was laid out, there were no parameters for a kiss." The actor said that the kiss "came out of anger" but "the viewers, as well as me, were left to assume that he enjoyed it once he got there."
"Unexpectedly, unpremeditated, but once those lips landed together, he was like, 'This is not bad,'" said Parsons.
Mayim Bialik has written a post about the Valentine Day's episode. In her post published on Kveller, the actress writes, "Actor Mayim representing Fictional Character Amy in such a physical way with this kiss is as touching to me as it is to you."
Will Amy and Sheldon's romance continue in the next episode? It looks highly unlikely, as Mayim says: "Our executive producers, Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady, and Steve Molaro, tend to not feel the need to hammer emotional points home on a weekly basis; we often pick up stories and leave them off again to pick up as desired."
Patience is the key here. Fans will have to wait to see Amy and Sheldon's romantic progress as a couple. "I guess we will all have to wait and see what the next weeks and months hold for Amy and Sheldon," writes Mayim.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales