‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 7: Episode 16 on Hold, Jim Parsons, Mayim Bialik Talk Shamy’s Big Kiss Moment
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 5:49 PM EST
It is break time once again for CBS' hugely popular comedy. The episode 16 of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7 is scheduled to air on February 27, 2014. This stoppage of telecast might be because of the ongoing 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, which is scheduled to end on February 23, 2014. As a result of this break, CBS has not released a promo or a brief synopsis of Episode 16.
This news is likely to disappointment the fans of "The Big Bang Theory," especially after Sheldon and Amy's big kiss moment in Episode 15, "The Locomotive Manipulation." The Valentine Day centric episode gave Sheldon and Amy's fans one of the most unexpected moments, a lip-lock between the most unusual couple. The kiss was not part of Shamy's [Sheldon + Amy] relationship document, and Sheldon initiated the kiss out of anger, but when the lips parted, both Sheldon and Amy looked affected by the kiss -- they enjoyed it. Sheldon's reaction after the kiss was that of man who did not find anything gross about a lip-lock, and there was a marked change in his composure.
Talking about the kiss, Jim Parsons said to CBS, as quoted by Hypable, "When the relationship agreement was laid out, there were no parameters for a kiss." The actor said that the kiss "came out of anger" but "the viewers, as well as me, were left to assume that he enjoyed it once he got there."
"Unexpectedly, unpremeditated, but once those lips landed together, he was like, 'This is not bad,'" said Parsons.
Mayim Bialik has written a post about the Valentine Day's episode. In her post published on Kveller, the actress writes, "Actor Mayim representing Fictional Character Amy in such a physical way with this kiss is as touching to me as it is to you."
Will Amy and Sheldon's romance continue in the next episode? It looks highly unlikely, as Mayim says: "Our executive producers, Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady, and Steve Molaro, tend to not feel the need to hammer emotional points home on a weekly basis; we often pick up stories and leave them off again to pick up as desired."
Patience is the key here. Fans will have to wait to see Amy and Sheldon's romantic progress as a couple. "I guess we will all have to wait and see what the next weeks and months hold for Amy and Sheldon," writes Mayim.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]