‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 7: Episode 16 on Hold, Jim Parsons, Mayim Bialik Talk Shamy’s Big Kiss Moment
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 5:49 PM EST
It is break time once again for CBS' hugely popular comedy. The episode 16 of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7 is scheduled to air on February 27, 2014. This stoppage of telecast might be because of the ongoing 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, which is scheduled to end on February 23, 2014. As a result of this break, CBS has not released a promo or a brief synopsis of Episode 16.
This news is likely to disappointment the fans of "The Big Bang Theory," especially after Sheldon and Amy's big kiss moment in Episode 15, "The Locomotive Manipulation." The Valentine Day centric episode gave Sheldon and Amy's fans one of the most unexpected moments, a lip-lock between the most unusual couple. The kiss was not part of Shamy's [Sheldon + Amy] relationship document, and Sheldon initiated the kiss out of anger, but when the lips parted, both Sheldon and Amy looked affected by the kiss -- they enjoyed it. Sheldon's reaction after the kiss was that of man who did not find anything gross about a lip-lock, and there was a marked change in his composure.
Talking about the kiss, Jim Parsons said to CBS, as quoted by Hypable, "When the relationship agreement was laid out, there were no parameters for a kiss." The actor said that the kiss "came out of anger" but "the viewers, as well as me, were left to assume that he enjoyed it once he got there."
"Unexpectedly, unpremeditated, but once those lips landed together, he was like, 'This is not bad,'" said Parsons.
Mayim Bialik has written a post about the Valentine Day's episode. In her post published on Kveller, the actress writes, "Actor Mayim representing Fictional Character Amy in such a physical way with this kiss is as touching to me as it is to you."
Will Amy and Sheldon's romance continue in the next episode? It looks highly unlikely, as Mayim says: "Our executive producers, Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady, and Steve Molaro, tend to not feel the need to hammer emotional points home on a weekly basis; we often pick up stories and leave them off again to pick up as desired."
Patience is the key here. Fans will have to wait to see Amy and Sheldon's romantic progress as a couple. "I guess we will all have to wait and see what the next weeks and months hold for Amy and Sheldon," writes Mayim.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists