‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 7: Episode 16 on Hold, Jim Parsons, Mayim Bialik Talk Shamy’s Big Kiss Moment
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 5:49 PM EST
It is break time once again for CBS' hugely popular comedy. The episode 16 of "The Big Bang Theory" Season 7 is scheduled to air on February 27, 2014. This stoppage of telecast might be because of the ongoing 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, which is scheduled to end on February 23, 2014. As a result of this break, CBS has not released a promo or a brief synopsis of Episode 16.
This news is likely to disappointment the fans of "The Big Bang Theory," especially after Sheldon and Amy's big kiss moment in Episode 15, "The Locomotive Manipulation." The Valentine Day centric episode gave Sheldon and Amy's fans one of the most unexpected moments, a lip-lock between the most unusual couple. The kiss was not part of Shamy's [Sheldon + Amy] relationship document, and Sheldon initiated the kiss out of anger, but when the lips parted, both Sheldon and Amy looked affected by the kiss -- they enjoyed it. Sheldon's reaction after the kiss was that of man who did not find anything gross about a lip-lock, and there was a marked change in his composure.
Talking about the kiss, Jim Parsons said to CBS, as quoted by Hypable, "When the relationship agreement was laid out, there were no parameters for a kiss." The actor said that the kiss "came out of anger" but "the viewers, as well as me, were left to assume that he enjoyed it once he got there."
"Unexpectedly, unpremeditated, but once those lips landed together, he was like, 'This is not bad,'" said Parsons.
Mayim Bialik has written a post about the Valentine Day's episode. In her post published on Kveller, the actress writes, "Actor Mayim representing Fictional Character Amy in such a physical way with this kiss is as touching to me as it is to you."
Will Amy and Sheldon's romance continue in the next episode? It looks highly unlikely, as Mayim says: "Our executive producers, Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady, and Steve Molaro, tend to not feel the need to hammer emotional points home on a weekly basis; we often pick up stories and leave them off again to pick up as desired."
Patience is the key here. Fans will have to wait to see Amy and Sheldon's romantic progress as a couple. "I guess we will all have to wait and see what the next weeks and months hold for Amy and Sheldon," writes Mayim.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices