Watch Dogs Release Date Teased By Ubisoft; Confirmed Delay For Wii U
By Gel Galang | February 11, 2014 5:49 PM EST
Watch Dogs has become the ever-elusive game where people are reduced to hinging on every word from both official and rumored source when it comes to the release date.
Though this time, it may have a pretty good anchor considering it's from publisher Ubisoft. During the announcement of its financial report, Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO, has revealed another timeframe where fans can expect the title.
"[Our] fiscal 2014-15 will see an exceptional games lineup, with the release of five major titles, including Just Dance, The Crew, and Watch Dogs, which is scheduled for release in the first fiscal quarter. Our lineup is also expected to reap the benefits of the return to growth in the console market and the increasingly significant impact of digital gaming," Guillemot said in a statement as quoted by Venture Beat.
*There are so many details coming out for The Order: 1886 as the release date nears: Read them here.
This is now a more specific timeframe, though back in 2013, it was announced that the game will already be out sometime in spring 2014. For this round, it seemed that a possibility that the wait would stretch until summer is hinted at.
Watch Dogs Delayed For Wii U
After so many rumors about Watch Dogs being canceled on Wii U, Ubisoft finally confirmed the status of the game for Nintendo's platform.
According to Videogamer, Ubisoft has at least confirmed the Wii U version for Watch Dogs is at least coming. But Wii U gamers will have to wait "indefinitely" since Ubisoft has not released a specific date or even a timeframe window of release.
*MGSV: Ground Zeroes only has two hours--is it worth it? Or is it better to check out Phantom Pain instead? Read the latest MGSV news here.
"We made the difficult decision to further delay the release of Watch Dogs on Wii U to focus the team's resources where they could have the broadest possible benefit for both our customers and Ubisoft," a spokesman said to Videogamer.
All of the other platforms that Watch Dogs will release are still coming as scheduled.
*Xbox One is having a firmware update, and one of the upcoming improvements is in preparation for Titanfall: Read the story here.
Ubisoft is currently experiencing a rather downtime in terms of sales, with a reduction of 35% according to Moreconsole.net. However, the figure does not count what could have been the sales from Watch Dogs, one of the most anticipated games for the PS4 and Xbox One.
Given that Watch Dogs did avoid colliding with the release dates of other next-gen games for its original predelay schedule in November 2013, Ubisoft may be looking at a good reap once Watch Dogs reaches the public.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans