Watch Dogs Release Date Teased By Ubisoft; Confirmed Delay For Wii U
By Gel Galang | February 11, 2014 5:49 PM EST
Watch Dogs has become the ever-elusive game where people are reduced to hinging on every word from both official and rumored source when it comes to the release date.
Though this time, it may have a pretty good anchor considering it's from publisher Ubisoft. During the announcement of its financial report, Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO, has revealed another timeframe where fans can expect the title.
"[Our] fiscal 2014-15 will see an exceptional games lineup, with the release of five major titles, including Just Dance, The Crew, and Watch Dogs, which is scheduled for release in the first fiscal quarter. Our lineup is also expected to reap the benefits of the return to growth in the console market and the increasingly significant impact of digital gaming," Guillemot said in a statement as quoted by Venture Beat.
*There are so many details coming out for The Order: 1886 as the release date nears: Read them here.
This is now a more specific timeframe, though back in 2013, it was announced that the game will already be out sometime in spring 2014. For this round, it seemed that a possibility that the wait would stretch until summer is hinted at.
Watch Dogs Delayed For Wii U
After so many rumors about Watch Dogs being canceled on Wii U, Ubisoft finally confirmed the status of the game for Nintendo's platform.
According to Videogamer, Ubisoft has at least confirmed the Wii U version for Watch Dogs is at least coming. But Wii U gamers will have to wait "indefinitely" since Ubisoft has not released a specific date or even a timeframe window of release.
*MGSV: Ground Zeroes only has two hours--is it worth it? Or is it better to check out Phantom Pain instead? Read the latest MGSV news here.
"We made the difficult decision to further delay the release of Watch Dogs on Wii U to focus the team's resources where they could have the broadest possible benefit for both our customers and Ubisoft," a spokesman said to Videogamer.
All of the other platforms that Watch Dogs will release are still coming as scheduled.
*Xbox One is having a firmware update, and one of the upcoming improvements is in preparation for Titanfall: Read the story here.
Ubisoft is currently experiencing a rather downtime in terms of sales, with a reduction of 35% according to Moreconsole.net. However, the figure does not count what could have been the sales from Watch Dogs, one of the most anticipated games for the PS4 and Xbox One.
Given that Watch Dogs did avoid colliding with the release dates of other next-gen games for its original predelay schedule in November 2013, Ubisoft may be looking at a good reap once Watch Dogs reaches the public.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff