Auto Expo 2014: New Skoda Superb Launched In India; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 11, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Skoda Auto India on Monday pulled the wraps off its new Skoda Superb at the ongoing Auto Expo 2014.
A Skoda logo seen on a car
Skoda, which has been riding its Superb on Indian roads since 2004, launched the revamped version with a price tag of ₹18.87 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi). The car will be available for purchase in showrooms across India.
Skoda Superb has been a successful endeavour in India since its domestic market entry and the brand hopes to tap more volume with the new version. The company has given a sporty and stylish treatment to the exterior and interior of the redesigned Superb.
Flaunting the new family face grille as well as the company logo in the front, the Superb facelift appears to be ready for the competition in the sedan segment. Skoda lovers will have the option of both petrol and diesel engine and the latest avatar of Superb will come in eight colors: Candy White, Magnetic Brown, Brilliant Silver, Rosso Brunello, Metal Grey, Amethyst Royal, Lava Blue and Magic Black.
The petrol version of the car packs 1.8-litre, direct injection, turbocharged motor, which can churn out a power of 158bhp and torque of 250Nm.The diesel version of Superb comes with 2.0-litre TDI diesel, which can generate a power output of 140PS and a torque of 320Nm.
"The introduction of the redesigned Superb is part of our ongoing model offensive strategy. The refreshed Superb is even more appealing than its predecessor and retains the features & comforts that our customers have become accustomed to. Our renewed focus towards customers will further add to the overall ownership experience with the brand," Car Dekho quoted Sudhir Rao, Chairman & Managing Director, ŠKODA Auto India .
Prices for the revamped Skoda Superb (ex-showroom Delhi)
Skoda Superb Ambition 1.8 TSI MT- ₹18.87 lakh
Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8 TSI MT- ₹ 20.65 lakh
Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8 TSI AT- ₹22.27 lakh
Skoda Superb Ambition 2.0 TDI CR AT- ₹23.43 lakh
Skoda Superb Elegance 2.0 TDI CR AT- ₹25.20 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time