Auto Expo 2014: New Skoda Superb Launched In India; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 11, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Skoda Auto India on Monday pulled the wraps off its new Skoda Superb at the ongoing Auto Expo 2014.
A Skoda logo seen on a car
Skoda, which has been riding its Superb on Indian roads since 2004, launched the revamped version with a price tag of ₹18.87 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi). The car will be available for purchase in showrooms across India.
Skoda Superb has been a successful endeavour in India since its domestic market entry and the brand hopes to tap more volume with the new version. The company has given a sporty and stylish treatment to the exterior and interior of the redesigned Superb.
Flaunting the new family face grille as well as the company logo in the front, the Superb facelift appears to be ready for the competition in the sedan segment. Skoda lovers will have the option of both petrol and diesel engine and the latest avatar of Superb will come in eight colors: Candy White, Magnetic Brown, Brilliant Silver, Rosso Brunello, Metal Grey, Amethyst Royal, Lava Blue and Magic Black.
The petrol version of the car packs 1.8-litre, direct injection, turbocharged motor, which can churn out a power of 158bhp and torque of 250Nm.The diesel version of Superb comes with 2.0-litre TDI diesel, which can generate a power output of 140PS and a torque of 320Nm.
"The introduction of the redesigned Superb is part of our ongoing model offensive strategy. The refreshed Superb is even more appealing than its predecessor and retains the features & comforts that our customers have become accustomed to. Our renewed focus towards customers will further add to the overall ownership experience with the brand," Car Dekho quoted Sudhir Rao, Chairman & Managing Director, ŠKODA Auto India .
Prices for the revamped Skoda Superb (ex-showroom Delhi)
Skoda Superb Ambition 1.8 TSI MT- ₹18.87 lakh
Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8 TSI MT- ₹ 20.65 lakh
Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8 TSI AT- ₹22.27 lakh
Skoda Superb Ambition 2.0 TDI CR AT- ₹23.43 lakh
Skoda Superb Elegance 2.0 TDI CR AT- ₹25.20 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Sees Biggest After-Earnings Move; Share Price To Reach 3-Digit Mark
- Medibank IPO Seeks To Raise $4.8B Capital, Biggest Share Launch In Asia For 2014
- 65 Deaths In 1 Year Make Jobs In Transport & Storage Sector Most Dangerous In Australia
- Porsche, Pope, Sistine Chapel and The Godfather
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar