Auto Expo 2014: New Skoda Superb Launched In India; Price and Specs Details
By greeshma m | February 11, 2014 5:48 PM EST
Skoda Auto India on Monday pulled the wraps off its new Skoda Superb at the ongoing Auto Expo 2014.
A Skoda logo seen on a car
Skoda, which has been riding its Superb on Indian roads since 2004, launched the revamped version with a price tag of ₹18.87 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi). The car will be available for purchase in showrooms across India.
Skoda Superb has been a successful endeavour in India since its domestic market entry and the brand hopes to tap more volume with the new version. The company has given a sporty and stylish treatment to the exterior and interior of the redesigned Superb.
Flaunting the new family face grille as well as the company logo in the front, the Superb facelift appears to be ready for the competition in the sedan segment. Skoda lovers will have the option of both petrol and diesel engine and the latest avatar of Superb will come in eight colors: Candy White, Magnetic Brown, Brilliant Silver, Rosso Brunello, Metal Grey, Amethyst Royal, Lava Blue and Magic Black.
The petrol version of the car packs 1.8-litre, direct injection, turbocharged motor, which can churn out a power of 158bhp and torque of 250Nm.The diesel version of Superb comes with 2.0-litre TDI diesel, which can generate a power output of 140PS and a torque of 320Nm.
"The introduction of the redesigned Superb is part of our ongoing model offensive strategy. The refreshed Superb is even more appealing than its predecessor and retains the features & comforts that our customers have become accustomed to. Our renewed focus towards customers will further add to the overall ownership experience with the brand," Car Dekho quoted Sudhir Rao, Chairman & Managing Director, ŠKODA Auto India .
Prices for the revamped Skoda Superb (ex-showroom Delhi)
Skoda Superb Ambition 1.8 TSI MT- ₹18.87 lakh
Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8 TSI MT- ₹ 20.65 lakh
Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8 TSI AT- ₹22.27 lakh
Skoda Superb Ambition 2.0 TDI CR AT- ₹23.43 lakh
Skoda Superb Elegance 2.0 TDI CR AT- ₹25.20 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date