NBA Trade News: Knicks, Bulls Discussing Blocksbuster Trade for Carmelo Anthony; Deal Could Happen Before Deadline, According to Source
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 11, 2014 5:47 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls and the New York Knicks are reportedly discussing a trade with All-Star small forward Carmelo Anthony serving as the centerpiece of the deal, a reliable league source told Hoops-Nation on Monday.
Carmelo Anthony New York Knicks
Anthony could perhaps find himself suiting up for another team after the Feb 20 trade deadline as the reported talks between the Bulls and Knicks intensified.
"According to sources inside the Chicago Bulls organization, the team has been in discussions with the New York Knicks over the last couple of weeks regarding a trade for Carmelo Anthony. The two sides have been rumored to have interest, but according to this report the talks have already been going on for the past couple of weeks. It will be very interesting to see if the Bulls are able to work out a trade with the Knicks before the trade deadline passes," Hoops-Nation reporter Evan Massey.
In a blockbuster trade that would surely change the future of both teams, Anthony along with Raymond Felton and Iman Shumpert will go to the Bulls, while Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler and a first-round pick will go to the Knicks.
"The report states that the Bulls would be giving up Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler, and likely a first round pick as well. In return, Chicago would receive Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, and Iman Shumpert," Hoops-Nation reported.
According to the source, both sides are still talking other issues in the deal, one of which is the inclusion of other players to satisfy the demand of both teams. Taj Gibson could still be included in the package, if the Knicks push to get more in return.
"Once again, the two sides are discussing a deal that they are hoping that they can figure out before the trade deadline. There are many complications that the two sides are trying to work through, including what the Knicks want exactly in return. In addition to the players involved, the two sides will have to agree on the picks that will be involved as well," the site stated.
Anthony will become an unrestricted free-agent this summer, and analysts believed the Los Angeles Lakers and the Bulls have emerged as frontrunners to steal the small forward from the Big Apple.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How