NBA Trade News: Knicks, Bulls Discussing Blocksbuster Trade for Carmelo Anthony; Deal Could Happen Before Deadline, According to Source
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 11, 2014 5:47 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls and the New York Knicks are reportedly discussing a trade with All-Star small forward Carmelo Anthony serving as the centerpiece of the deal, a reliable league source told Hoops-Nation on Monday.
Carmelo Anthony New York Knicks
Anthony could perhaps find himself suiting up for another team after the Feb 20 trade deadline as the reported talks between the Bulls and Knicks intensified.
"According to sources inside the Chicago Bulls organization, the team has been in discussions with the New York Knicks over the last couple of weeks regarding a trade for Carmelo Anthony. The two sides have been rumored to have interest, but according to this report the talks have already been going on for the past couple of weeks. It will be very interesting to see if the Bulls are able to work out a trade with the Knicks before the trade deadline passes," Hoops-Nation reporter Evan Massey.
In a blockbuster trade that would surely change the future of both teams, Anthony along with Raymond Felton and Iman Shumpert will go to the Bulls, while Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler and a first-round pick will go to the Knicks.
"The report states that the Bulls would be giving up Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler, and likely a first round pick as well. In return, Chicago would receive Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, and Iman Shumpert," Hoops-Nation reported.
According to the source, both sides are still talking other issues in the deal, one of which is the inclusion of other players to satisfy the demand of both teams. Taj Gibson could still be included in the package, if the Knicks push to get more in return.
"Once again, the two sides are discussing a deal that they are hoping that they can figure out before the trade deadline. There are many complications that the two sides are trying to work through, including what the Knicks want exactly in return. In addition to the players involved, the two sides will have to agree on the picks that will be involved as well," the site stated.
Anthony will become an unrestricted free-agent this summer, and analysts believed the Los Angeles Lakers and the Bulls have emerged as frontrunners to steal the small forward from the Big Apple.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Believes Wilshere's Performance Against City Not Enough For Man Utd Legend Paul Scholes
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date