NBA Trade News: Knicks, Bulls Discussing Blocksbuster Trade for Carmelo Anthony; Deal Could Happen Before Deadline, According to Source
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 11, 2014 5:47 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls and the New York Knicks are reportedly discussing a trade with All-Star small forward Carmelo Anthony serving as the centerpiece of the deal, a reliable league source told Hoops-Nation on Monday.
Carmelo Anthony New York Knicks
Anthony could perhaps find himself suiting up for another team after the Feb 20 trade deadline as the reported talks between the Bulls and Knicks intensified.
"According to sources inside the Chicago Bulls organization, the team has been in discussions with the New York Knicks over the last couple of weeks regarding a trade for Carmelo Anthony. The two sides have been rumored to have interest, but according to this report the talks have already been going on for the past couple of weeks. It will be very interesting to see if the Bulls are able to work out a trade with the Knicks before the trade deadline passes," Hoops-Nation reporter Evan Massey.
In a blockbuster trade that would surely change the future of both teams, Anthony along with Raymond Felton and Iman Shumpert will go to the Bulls, while Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler and a first-round pick will go to the Knicks.
"The report states that the Bulls would be giving up Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler, and likely a first round pick as well. In return, Chicago would receive Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, and Iman Shumpert," Hoops-Nation reported.
According to the source, both sides are still talking other issues in the deal, one of which is the inclusion of other players to satisfy the demand of both teams. Taj Gibson could still be included in the package, if the Knicks push to get more in return.
"Once again, the two sides are discussing a deal that they are hoping that they can figure out before the trade deadline. There are many complications that the two sides are trying to work through, including what the Knicks want exactly in return. In addition to the players involved, the two sides will have to agree on the picks that will be involved as well," the site stated.
Anthony will become an unrestricted free-agent this summer, and analysts believed the Los Angeles Lakers and the Bulls have emerged as frontrunners to steal the small forward from the Big Apple.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar