NBA Trade News: Knicks, Bulls Discussing Blocksbuster Trade for Carmelo Anthony; Deal Could Happen Before Deadline, According to Source
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 11, 2014 5:47 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls and the New York Knicks are reportedly discussing a trade with All-Star small forward Carmelo Anthony serving as the centerpiece of the deal, a reliable league source told Hoops-Nation on Monday.
Carmelo Anthony New York Knicks
Anthony could perhaps find himself suiting up for another team after the Feb 20 trade deadline as the reported talks between the Bulls and Knicks intensified.
"According to sources inside the Chicago Bulls organization, the team has been in discussions with the New York Knicks over the last couple of weeks regarding a trade for Carmelo Anthony. The two sides have been rumored to have interest, but according to this report the talks have already been going on for the past couple of weeks. It will be very interesting to see if the Bulls are able to work out a trade with the Knicks before the trade deadline passes," Hoops-Nation reporter Evan Massey.
In a blockbuster trade that would surely change the future of both teams, Anthony along with Raymond Felton and Iman Shumpert will go to the Bulls, while Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler and a first-round pick will go to the Knicks.
"The report states that the Bulls would be giving up Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Tony Snell, Jimmy Butler, and likely a first round pick as well. In return, Chicago would receive Carmelo Anthony, Raymond Felton, and Iman Shumpert," Hoops-Nation reported.
According to the source, both sides are still talking other issues in the deal, one of which is the inclusion of other players to satisfy the demand of both teams. Taj Gibson could still be included in the package, if the Knicks push to get more in return.
"Once again, the two sides are discussing a deal that they are hoping that they can figure out before the trade deadline. There are many complications that the two sides are trying to work through, including what the Knicks want exactly in return. In addition to the players involved, the two sides will have to agree on the picks that will be involved as well," the site stated.
Anthony will become an unrestricted free-agent this summer, and analysts believed the Los Angeles Lakers and the Bulls have emerged as frontrunners to steal the small forward from the Big Apple.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon